🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man standing in his own back yard shot 20 times by police. He was armed with a cell phone.

there are going to be mistakes/accidents/problems/errors/etc by the police--that's what humans do
but as I have proved in MANY threads, there is not a major, chronic problem of police shooting blacks
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/
So, how much more is an unarmed police officer likely to be killed by a black male? I mean that's the real comparison, isn't it?

Both comparisons are bogus, an example of how misinformation and false statistics can lead to wrong conclusions. In the first comparison police killed by black males vs. the opposite case, is comparing apples to oranges. A more relevant and truthful comparison would be a look at how many unarmed white males were killed by white police to unarmed black males killed by white police. The statistical preponderance of white males arrested to black males would seem to predict a greater raw number of whites killed to black but in fact the opposite is true. And when percentages are employed, an even greater statistical imbalance is shown. Another reasonable comparison would be unarmed white males killed by black police vs. unarmed black males killed by black police. I’ve yet to see this comparison of rates in any discussion and I suspect that this is because the comparison proves that racism in police forces and in society at large in our country results in the unwarranted deaths of young black men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that all? THINK MF. If you are sitting back kicking it in your own backyard minding your own business and suddenly a bunch of crazed cops run up on you with guns drawn, you might panic and run too. But the cops haven't quite got their stories together just yet. One also said the victim extended his hand towards them holding what they thought was a gun, Turns out it was a cell phone. So, 20 shots ? But I don't believe damn thing those cops said. Naturally, they will cover their asses and Trump will grunt and nod his rug covered head in tacit approval.

There's plenty of video that says you're a lying hack.
that after seeing the new videos, she believes Clark was never given a chance to surrender.

They let him bleed out while laying on the ground. Hmm, were have we seen that before?

Surrender? He was running from them you dolt!
In his own back yard?

And when did running from the police become a capital offense deserving death?
If he were white, he wouldn't have been shot.

You cant say that, really. Unarmed white guys also get shot when the police think they have a gun in their hand as well.

More whites killed by police, but blacks 2.5 times more likely to be killed
Unarmed white guys dont get shot for being white. Matter of fact a couple of cops have died for letting whites do stupid shit like going into their room to get a jacket unsupervised.

MSN eh? I wonder how much they left out.

what would make it okay with you?

what could they have left out?
Sorry, but MSN is like the gold standard for fake or misleading news reporting. Anything they say is suspect and must be verifies by credible sources. Unlike you, I prefer to wait for the facts before drawing a conclusion.

You bet. Wait long enough, and someone will eventually say something that agrees with your racism and bias. Watch fox. Your wait will be much shorter.
Yeah, and Michael Brown was gunned down too, right? But wait, Eric Holder's JD said the shooting was justified. How about we wait and see what really happened, not what your fake news outlet SAYS happened?

Did you watch the video?

Watching and seeing are two different things. Apparently you watched and saw what you wanted. Did you see a gang of police pursuing a lone suspect with firearms drawn? Did you see the infrared signature of the actor lost behind the house as the police chopper circled the scene? Did you see the whited out rectangle magically appear on the film and obscure the true position of the actor in between the two houses? And lastly the speed and duration with which the 20 fatal shots were delivered? Watch the film again and then tell me what you actually see, and not what you want to see.

that after seeing the new videos, she believes Clark was never given a chance to surrender.

They let him bleed out while laying on the ground. Hmm, were have we seen that before?

In his own back yard?

You cant say that, really. Unarmed white guys also get shot when the police think they have a gun in their hand as well.

Unarmed white guys dont get shot for being white. Matter of fact a couple of cops have died for letting whites do stupid shit like going into their room to get a jacket unsupervised.

I'm sure a lot of cops are more afraid of black guys than they are white guys. But what needs to happen for perceptions to change? You cant legislate THAT to happen. Police training though CAN be improved, and police hiring CAN be improved. But to the larger questions of perception in society between whites and blacks, that is something that needs to be worked towards, and it takes accountability on both sides.

However, this still doesnt mean that every time a black guy is shot, it's racial. If that was the case there would be zero unarmed white people shot by police. Sometimes it just happens because people make the wrong move.

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”
Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

Breaking Rank Quotes by Norm Stamper

Police shot and killed an unarmed black man in his own backyard. All he was holding was a cellphone.

BBKxsld.img

Come on, you knew he was black. Whites can riot, carry semi automatics and the police will do nothing. But arm a young black with a cell phone or Skittles and Republicans will send tens of thousands to the killer's defense fund. Oh, look, his shirt has a hood. How many USMB Republicans will now say he was a thug who deserved what he got?

Stunning victory for Bundy family as all charges dismissed in 2014 standoff case

Remember Bundy? Threatening US Marshals? Armed with rifles?

Then let go.

Imagine if they had been black. It would have been a bloodbath.

The biggest problem is the police have an excuse and/or they're afraid. Which is it? I don't know. But 140 something police die every year on active duty. Half of this is due to guns.

In the UK it's sometimes zero, sometimes one police officer a year.

Even taking into account the 5 times population in the US, it's still high.

That black man lived in Sacramento and killed by the Sacramento Police Department. A cop helicopter was watching his movements and was seen breaking windows and jumping fences. The Sacramento PD got reports of a black man breaking windows and were watching. The two cops put 20 bullets in him which is overkill.

I think it's likely if this man had been white, he would not have been killed. As noted above, cops are more afraid of black men and that needs to change.

“According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.”

FACT CHECK: Do Police Kill More White People Than Black People?

In his own back yard?

I'm sure a lot of cops are more afraid of black guys than they are white guys. But what needs to happen for perceptions to change? You cant legislate THAT to happen. Police training though CAN be improved, and police hiring CAN be improved. But to the larger questions of perception in society between whites and blacks, that is something that needs to be worked towards, and it takes accountability on both sides.

However, this still doesnt mean that every time a black guy is shot, it's racial. If that was the case there would be zero unarmed white people shot by police. Sometimes it just happens because people make the wrong move.

How about police make the wrong move. Just because you’re a cop with a gun doesn’t make you right.

I think it's likely if this man had been white, he would not have been killed. As noted above, cops are more afraid of black men and that needs to change.

“According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.”

Of whites killed by police, how many were unarmed and how many unarmed blacks were likewise killed? I’ll bet that the 2.5 times more likely ratio is increased to an even more outrageous number.

No, he didn’t. He stepped out of his back door and was summarily executed. He didn’t have time to speak, let alone run. And furthermore, he wasn’t the bad actor that the police were after. Hell, they assumed the hoodie wearing window breaker was black, after that every young black man in that neighborhood fit the profile and was a candidate for termination. Funny how racists jump to conclusions that black men pay with their lives for. Just look at your knee jerk excuse,” he was running “, wrong!! What you should have said was “ he was a black man, and as such, a candidate for removal”. That would have been both honest and accurate.

But the arial footage showed the guy running through somone elses back yard, and jumping the fence ... then police closing in on that same guy. So how is that walking out his front door? unless you have a different video. If you listened to the 911 tape you hear the police dispatcher asking for a description of the suspect who was breaking windows and hiding in someones back yard. the guy responds that he doesnt know, if he is black , white, asian.. or whatever. Only that he is wering a hoodie and jumped someones fence.

Every time a black person is shot, why is it assumed it is racial and if it was a white guy he would not have been shot? though by a lesser percentage, white people unarmed are also shot, but then how do we know when its racial, or the police just think he has a gun. Of course race and police shootings should be open for discussion, but instantly labeling police as murderers without even an investigation is wrong

The infrared helicopter film is suspect. You didn’t see that the image was obscured by the houses, or the magical appearance on the film of a whited out rectangle that obscures someone lurking between the two houses? What is that? It should make reasonable people ask firstly, what the hell is being hidden and if this footage was edited. After the damage control officer ordered
“mute”, every record provided by police is suspect. It seems that police departments have developed protocols to hide their actions in these cases.

Of whites killed by police, how many were unarmed and how many unarmed blacks were likewise killed? I’ll bet that the 2.5 times more likely ratio is increased to an even more outrageous number.

You could be right. As the police are more afraid of black men, they are more likely to shoot first and ask questions later.

No, he didn’t. He stepped out of his back door and was summarily executed. He didn’t have time to speak, let alone run. And furthermore, he wasn’t the bad actor that the police were after. Hell, they assumed the hoodie wearing window breaker was black, after that every young black man in that neighborhood fit the profile and was a candidate for termination. Funny how racists jump to conclusions that black men pay with their lives for. Just look at your knee jerk excuse,” he was running “, wrong!! What you should have said was “ he was a black man, and as such, a candidate for removal”. That would have been both honest and accurate.

But the arial footage showed the guy running through somone elses back yard, and jumping the fence ... then police closing in on that same guy. So how is that walking out his front door? unless you have a different video. If you listened to the 911 tape you hear the police dispatcher asking for a description of the suspect who was breaking windows and hiding in someones back yard. the guy responds that he doesnt know, if he is black , white, asian.. or whatever. Only that he is wering a hoodie and jumped someones fence.

Every time a black person is shot, why is it assumed it is racial and if it was a white guy he would not have been shot? though by a lesser percentage, white people unarmed are also shot, but then how do we know when its racial, or the police just think he has a gun. Of course race and police shootings should be open for discussion, but instantly labeling police as murderers without even an investigation is wrong

The infrared helicopter film is suspect. You didn’t see that the image was obscured by the houses, or the magical appearance on the film of a whited out rectangle that obscures someone lurking between the two houses? What is that? It should make reasonable people ask firstly, what the hell is being hidden and if this footage was edited. After the damage control officer ordered
“mute”, every record provided by police is suspect. It seems that police departments have developed protocols to hide their actions in these cases.

The chief of police in Sacramento is black and was on the news questioning the 'mute' issue. I believe he will look into this shooting quite thoroughly.

BTW one of the two police officers involved is black too.

Last edited:

The chief of police in Sacramento is black and was on the news questioning the 'mute' issue. I believe he will look into this shooting quite thoroughly.

Maybe yes, maybe no. He didn’t get to be the chief by throwing his own officers under the bus.

What conservatives fail to understand – or more likely refuse to acknowledge – is the fact that young black men dying from police shootings is the problem, regardless whether the shooting was justified or not, regardless whether it was a good faith mistake made by the police or not.

What conservatives fail to understand – or more likely refuse to acknowledge – is the fact that young black men dying from police shootings is the problem, regardless whether the shooting was justified or not, regardless whether it was a good faith mistake made by the police or not.
Thugs dying at the hands of cops is not a problem for most.

Thugs dying at the hands of cops is not a problem for most.

Your definition of thug apparently is any young black man. Guilty or innocent, armed or unarmed. Makes no difference to you. That pegs you as the typical red neck racist.

Is that all? THINK MF. If you are sitting back kicking it in your own backyard minding your own business and suddenly a bunch of crazed cops run up on you with guns drawn, you might panic and run too. But the cops haven't quite got their stories together just yet. One also said the victim extended his hand towards them holding what they thought was a gun, Turns out it was a cell phone. So, 20 shots ? But I don't believe damn thing those cops said. Naturally, they will cover their asses and Trump will grunt and nod his rug covered head in tacit approval.

In his own back yard?

He jumped into his backyard from someone else's backyard.

It doesn't. However, running from them when they told him to show his hands suggested to them that they may have found the guy that was breaking into cars.

Don't be an idiot.

What right do cops have to shoot an unarmed man running away from them? When did this change?

Forum List

Back