Man with umbrella triggers city wide idiocy

This doesn't have anything to do with liberals or gun laws; it has to do with people being freaked out by all the mass shootings in the US over the past decade and more. He was reported by a teenager. Teenager -- high school -- mass shootings -- get it? People are living in fear. This kind of reaction, especially in schools, is perfectly reasonable.

:clap2:

Lest we forget. And what's behind the shootings that are behind the fear? Gun culture.

I keep expecting to get accosted and questioned for carrying this case in public:
mK-QhosDaSBHOEg8PCdZGjg.jpg

Thanks a lot, gun culture.​

Your agenda is showing again.

Gun enthusiasts have no problem with you carrying around a gun, why would you think they would accost you over a baby guitar? The people who are afraid of guns are the ones that might shoot you for playing it.

:::whoooosh::: there goes the point, way way over your head.

Number one, that's not a "baby" guitar, it's a travel guitar. It has the same number of frets as a traditional one. Number two, anyone who hears the way I play it would prolly want to shoot me, regardless how they like guns. I wouldn't blame them.

But neither of those is the point; I meant walking around with the guitar in its case, which is long and slender, so that a bystander might not know what was in there. I try to keep the "C.F. Martin" logo showing as a clue.

That has nothing to do with "gun enthusiasts" :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Liberal gun grabbing paranoia!!!

This doesn't have anything to do with liberals or gun laws; it has to do with people being freaked out by all the mass shootings in the US over the past decade and more. He was reported by a teenager. Teenager -- high school -- mass shootings -- get it? People are living in fear. This kind of reaction, especially in schools, is perfectly reasonable.

Lest we forget. And what's behind the shootings that are behind the fear? Gun culture.

I keep expecting to get accosted and questioned for carrying this case in public:

Gun culture? Gun owners are the ones on the defensive, the fear mongering from gun control freaks on the bodies of dead children is what causes this sort of irrational nonsense. The only one who is going to call the cops over you carrying your guitar is some liberal mental midget who has been emotionally compromised and brainwashed by all the Liberal gun grabbing lunacy you Freedom trampling tyrants have embarked upon.

Gun culture? Gun owners are the ones on the defensive, the fear mongering from gun control freaks on the bodies of dead children is what causes this sort of irrational nonsense. The only one who is going to call the cops over you carrying your guitar is some liberal mental midget who has been emotionally compromised and brainwashed by all the Liberal gun grabbing lunacy you Freedom trampling tyrants have embarked upon.

Uh- really? And exactly what lunacy have I embarked upon then? What freedoms have I trampled?
Show me. Quote me. Come up with something, or else I'll take this thing out of the case and play it. You'll wish it was a gun :eek:

Seems to me there's no more freedom trampling tyrant than a mass shooter in a movie theater or mall or school. Kinda hard to top that.

Last edited:

Gun enthusiasts have no problem with you carrying around a gun, why would you think they would accost you over a baby guitar? The people who are afraid of guns are the ones that might shoot you for playing it.

Number one, that's not a "baby" guitar, it's a travel guitar. It has the same number of frets as a traditional one. Number two, anyone who hears the way I play it would prolly want to shoot me, regardless how they like guns. I wouldn't blame them.

But neither of those is the point; I meant walking around with the guitar in its case, which is long and slender, so that a bystander might not know what was in there. I try to keep the "C.F. Martin" logo showing as a clue.

Never watched the old gangster movies, did you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Never watched the old gangster movies, did you?

Oh yes. I've got several pf those too. But violin cases are common, and when you see one you can guess pretty well what's in it. This guitar case is unusually rectangular without the tapering width that indicates a guitar.

It hasn't actually happened, but nor have I walked by a school with it. Just something I think about.

But looking at that image, all I can think is, somewhere there's a violin exposed to the elements -- what a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back