Manafort judge issues mea culpa, but is the damage done?

Mistrial. Manafort can't receive a fair trial at this point. The Judge's behavior has compromised that. Time to call it a wrap on this trial.
You keep saying that and it is still just not true.

Judges get to chastise the prosecution.
And then they can tell everybody to forget it.

It's the exact same tactic the prosecution was using..to bring in a bunch of completely unrelated nonsense and then think the court will say "oh just never mind all that stuff you just heard". If the prosecution can do it, so can the judge.

See how that works, spanky?

At any rate, you morons who think that the court has no ability to tell prosecutors to cool their shit are just that..morons. And you shouldn't be opining on matters of law.

Yes, but then came the Judge's 'apology.' That really hurts Manafort. The Judge has already lost control. A fair trial can't be guaranteed now. They'll have to scrap it do it again later.

That might be premature. But the motion by the government gave them leverage and possible outs.

The whole thing is compromised now. We're talking about a man's life here. If convicted, he'll spend the rest of his life in prison. This Judge's behavior really has compromised his right to a fair trial.

The judge being so hard on the prosecution it's led to possible jury bias against the government has compromised the defendant's right to a fair trial?

The Judge has openly apologized for his earlier criticism of the Prosecution. And that really hurts Manafort. It's a circus now. Declare a Mistrial and go at it again at a later date.

You keep saying that and it is still just not true.

Judges get to chastise the prosecution.
And then they can tell everybody to forget it.

It's the exact same tactic the prosecution was using..to bring in a bunch of completely unrelated nonsense and then think the court will say "oh just never mind all that stuff you just heard". If the prosecution can do it, so can the judge.

See how that works, spanky?

At any rate, you morons who think that the court has no ability to tell prosecutors to cool their shit are just that..morons. And you shouldn't be opining on matters of law.

Yes, but then came the Judge's 'apology.' That really hurts Manafort. The Judge has already lost control. A fair trial can't be guaranteed now. They'll have to scrap it do it again later.

That might be premature. But the motion by the government gave them leverage and possible outs.

The whole thing is compromised now. We're talking about a man's life here. If convicted, he'll spend the rest of his life in prison. This Judge's behavior really has compromised his right to a fair trial.

The judge being so hard on the prosecution it's led to possible jury bias against the government has compromised the defendant's right to a fair trial?

The Judge has openly apologized for his earlier criticism of the Prosecution. And that really hurts Manafort. It's a circus now. Declare a Mistrial and go at it again at a later date.

It hurts Manafort to correct an error that was in his favor? You're an idiot.

The judge is GUILTY ...

...of keeping a tight rein on Mueller...and occasionally saying what 96% of All Americans are thinking about him and his witch hunt / circus.

Yes, it hurts Manafort bigtime. It allows the Prosecution to be perceived as a 'Victim', worthy of sympathy. That's terrible for Manafort. The Judge's behavior has compromised his right to a free and fair trial. It needs to be declared a Mistrial.

Yes, it hurts Manafort bigtime. It allows the Prosecution to be perceived as a 'Victim', worthy of sympathy. That's terrible for Manafort. The Judge's behavior has compromised his right to a free and fair trial. It needs to be declared a Mistrial.

Don't worry, if there's any merit to your cockamamie idea his lawyers will file the motion first thing tomorrow. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Don't worry, if there's any merit to your cockamamie idea his lawyers will file the motion first thing tomorrow. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

The criticism of the Prosecution was questionable, and the apology afterward was a downright disaster for Manafort. The Judge has lost control. It's over. Time to call it a day.

Judge Ellis has been receiving negative coverage in the past few days for being too harsh on the prosecution and being out of place in ways that might influence the jury. Yesterday he lashed out at the prosecution because a witness who was called had been observing the whole trial from the courtroom, despite the fact that he had previously approved the witness being allowed to remain in the court room.

That prompted the Special Counsel's office to file a motion with the court asking for the error to be recognized and the jury instructed to disregard the judge's behavior, arguing 'Even if the Court did not intend to suggest that the government had been insubordinate, actions that project a “negative impression” of one side, United States v. Lefsih, 867 F.3d 459, 467 Case 1:18-cr-00083-TSE Document 216 Filed 08/09/18 Page 2 of 5 PageID# 4172 3 (4th Cir. 2017) (internal quotation marks omitted), or that reveal “continual agitation and hostility toward counsel,” United States v. Cassiagnol, 420 F.2d 868, 879 (4th Cir. 1970), can lead the jury to decide the case on improper grounds.' The judge granted the motion, providing the instruction with an apology before the jury.

Manafort trial Day 8: Judge concedes fault after Mueller team protests treatment
There was a former prosecutor on Rachel Maddow last night who worked with Ellis 17 times. He said Ellis is always like that sticking his nose into the cases.
This guy was in the courtroom for every minute of the proceedings. He said he’d be shocked if Manafort ever sees the light of day again.
He was that corrupt.
Who said again:
“ I pick the best people.”

Last edited:
Let them do it as quickly as possible ...
After 2 days, I'm leaving for Taiga, Russia.
It is impossible to marry.
-------------------------
Unfortunately, the American Ladies are absolutely not ready for Life.
But it's not a problem...
I'll teach you.

They don't allow Goats on International Flights.

The criticism of the Prosecution was questionable, and the apology afterward was a downright disaster for Manafort. The Judge has lost control. It's over. Time to call it a day.
Mueller has a slam dunk case against Manafort. He had documents a mile long of every time Manaford broke the law.
Mueller dots every i and crosses every t.
Manafort messed with the wrong dude. He’s the consummate professional which is why Congress picked him for the job.

Most judges I know, and I know a lot of them, never regret what they do in their court rooms.

He had good reason to bitch.

Then why did he back off? Is he a snowflake? No, I got it now he has suddenly become part of the DEEP STATE!

<snip>
Manafort messed with the wrong dude. He’s the consummate professional which is why Congress picked him for the job.

You're not just a scumbag, you're fucking stupid.

Congress didn't pick shit. Rosenstein picked the criminal, Mueller.

And why aren't you banned?

Nobody sees the prosecution as victims. They see them as they are..entitled, arrogant little turds who have no interest in actually preserving the integrity of the court, or abiding by the law.

Mistrial. Manafort can't receive a fair trial at this point. The Judge's behavior has compromised that. Time to call it a wrap on this trial.
It looks like the judge issued an apology today.

Judge in Manafort trial concedes mistake after berating Mueller’s prosecutors

The judge overseeing Paul Manafort’s trial, who has berated prosecutors daily for perceived missteps and slights, told the jury Thursday to ignore one of his outbursts, saying he was “probably wrong.”

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Judge did what?
  2. Oh shit, he shit tha bed, and is sleeping in it???!!!
  3. The judge is a screw up he screwed the pooch in this case, when does a judge nod to a prosecutor?
  4. Its more or less falling on ones sword.
  5. The judge is a joke, and this case is literally OVER!
  6. It does show you just how fucking hard it is to get a fair trial and justice in America.
  7. Justice isn't blind holding scales, justice is an iq of 50 and a fucking moron not knowing to stop walking at the end of a pier.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back