🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Manhattan DA Bragg sues Republican Jim Jordan

Asking Alvin how he spent federal monies isn't obstructing justice, it is enforcing accountability.
The House has zero authority here based on plain language of the 10th amendment. The party of "states' rights" should know this.

This is a local DA and an ongoing state prosecution, and Manhattan/NY have complete sovereignty to conduct it.

The House has zero authority here based on plain language of the 10th amendment. The party of "states' rights" should know this.

This is a local DA and an ongoing state prosecution, and Manhattan/NY have complete sovereignty to conduct it.
When the DA uses federal money the house oversight committee has every authority

Odd how all the "state rights" people are now suddenly against such a thing

Until a complaint is answered, it is kind of silly (and pretty premature) to speculate about the outcome.

That said, I will note that Bragg makes a colorable claim. I am not convinced (yet) that there does exist a valid Congressional purpose for the committee’s subpoenas.

That doesn’t rule it out though. And it is probably no more of a federal overreach into state and local prosecutions to issue subpoenas — in this instance — than it is for Congress to hold hearings on state and local police behavior in “enforcing” state and local laws.

Ok. Jordan could lose there. And maybe at the circuit court level.

But I wonder what SCOTUS might then have to say?

I am betting on SCOTUS supporting the right of the state over the overreach of the Fed Govt.

He goes after Trump in a really fucked up way, even announcing that he is going after Trump before he even knew of any crime. He uses federal funds to do it, which means it now falls under the jurisdiction of the House Oversight Committee. They subpoena him to get said oversight on the matter, then he uses his law degree to file a frivolous lawsuit against Jim for doing his job?

Bragg is about to make some powerful enemies. Now Congress is going to REALLY turn the screws. :laugh:

Is there any doubt Jordan's only motivation is to defend Trump?
No, there isnt. That is precisely the purpose of this. What made you think that was a secret? They want to know why this shit stain is going after the president. :cuckoo:

When the DA uses federal money the house oversight committee has every authority

We are talking about $5,000 of federal money. Not money Congress sent but money that was forfeited in crimes

If Jordan thinks that gives him oversight of local prosecutions, he will be laughed out of court

Last edited:

Forum List

Back