Many hunters use AR15s...

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?
That is bullshit. You are poorly informed. It was designed to engage the enemy at 100 to 500 yards and to be more likely to only, rather than kill.

Either way, all firearms are designed to kill. ALL of them.

You are dodging reality. Most firearms don't kill as many people in as short a time as the AR 15 is capable of. More people would have had a chance to escape if a less effective killing machine was used.

Do you consider those 17 dead students varmints.
Whether he considers them varmints or not is wholly irrelevant. Guns are designed to kill living organisms. People fall into that category.

You are just trying to make the AR into a boogeyweapon that we should all fear more than, say, shotguns. Which is more deadly?
The AR 15 fitted with a high capacity magazine can be used to kill more people in a shorter time than a bolt action rifle or a pistol..especially if the shooter is over 30 ft away where the AR 15 is deadly accurate. We are talking about MASS MURDER here son, not death of a few by the slow mechanical operations of a pump shotgun. Thats why the AR 15 is preferred by mass killers.

Whats a fact? Are you saying those 17 kids killed by an AR 15 wielding lunatic were varmints?
No. He is saying that ARs are no more deadly than other platforms.

Then he is sorely mistaken. Accuracy and sheer magazine capacity give it far more mass killing capability than a handgun, shot gun or a bolt action rifle. Not to mention speed.

What an AR-15 Can Do to the Human Body

ALL GUNS CAN kill, but they do not kill equally.

Compare the damage an AR-15 and a 9mm handgun can do to the human body: “One looks like a grenade went off in there,” says Peter Rhee, a trauma surgeon at the University of Arizona. “The other looks like a bad knife cut.”

The AR-15 is America’s most popular rifle. It has also been the weapon of choice in mass shootings from Sandy Hook to Aurora to San Bernardino. In Orlando this past week, the shooter used a Sig Sauer MCX, an AR-15 style rifle originally developed for special ops, to kill 49 people in the Pulse nightclub. The carnage sparked new calls to reinstate a ban on assault rifles like the AR-15, which were designed as weapons of war.

It’s possible to argue about everything when it comes to the politics of guns—including about the definition of “assault rifle” itself—but it’s harder to argue about physics. So let's consider the physics of an AR-15.

A bullet with more energy can do more damage. Its total kinetic energy is equal to one-half the mass of the bullet times its velocity squared. The bullet from a handgun is—as absurd as it may sound—slow compared to that from an AR-15. It can be stopped by the thick bone of the upper leg. It might pass through the body, only to become lodged in skin, which is surprisingly elastic.

The bullet from an AR-15 does an entirely different kind of violence to the human body. It’s relatively small, but it leaves the muzzle at three times the speed of a handgun bullet. It has so much energy that it can disintegrate three inches of leg bone. “It would just turn it to dust,” says Donald Jenkins, a trauma surgeon at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If it hits the liver, “the liver looks like a jello mold that’s been dropped on the floor.” And the exit wound can be a nasty, jagged hole the size of an orange.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

This is what I mean by people who neither know about guns or hunting.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
Well here is the deal professor. The AR 15s used in mass killings of young students weren't chambered for hunting varmints. They were chambered to kill humans with the maximum amount of damage. So you can KMA!

Weren’t chambered for killing varments? Guess it depends on what one considers a varmint. That aside you don’t know what your trying to say and it makes you look ignorant.

Your opinion doesn't mean much to me since you are an idiot. Do you consider those 17 dead students varmints..you figgin' varmint.

Not an opinion Junior, it’s a fact, and no, not the kids who were hurt and killed. But the little whores who ran to a news cameras aren’t varmints either, more like turds.

You don't mean that...do you?

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?
That is bullshit. You are poorly informed. It was designed to engage the enemy at 100 to 500 yards and to be more likely to wound only, rather than kill.

Either way, all firearms are designed to kill. ALL of them.

What an AR-15 Can Do to the Human Body

You are dodging reality.
That all firearms are designed to kill? Who is dodging reality?

Most firearms don't kill as many people in as short a time as the AR 15 is capable of.
What is so special about the AR that makes it more deadly than other firearms?

More people would have had a chance to escape if a less effective killing machine was used.
Like what?
I have already answered those questions...go back and find my posts/

How many rounds do those semi auto shotguns hold, dummy? Ands why haven't the majority of mass killers used shotguns if they are just as deadly as the AR 15, arsehole?
The Virginia Tech killer got 32 people with 2 hand guns.

You are one ignorant motherfucker. You should never involve yourself in a gun debate.

Yes. A bunch.

Name one massacre where a shotgun was used to kill more than a few people.
Not a handgun or any other type weapon just a shotgun.

The Virginia Tech killer got 32 people with 2 hand guns.

You are one ignorant motherfucker. You should never involve yourself in a gun debate.

We weren't talking about handguns you dumb shit stain. You said a shotgun was just as deadly as an AR 15... You couldn't back that lie up so you reached for the handguns..heh heh heh!

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor self defense. You bringing it up to try and justify war weapons on Main St. is boring and lame.

I suspect that you know the facts of the matter. But you don't like them. Thus, you push ignorance
It's not about the fucking militia either.

So take that shot-down (see Heller), idiot argument and shove it up Diane Feinstein's crusty ass.

It was until Heller. That's a long time nutbag.

And it still doesn't give you freaks the right to have your wet dream weapons.

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

Because I can use an AR15 in dual roles...home protection and hunting.

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.

You don't need an AR-15 to protect your home, and the right to bear arms doesn't say an AR-15 is covered.
The first amendment doesn't specificlly mention your name...

It doesn't have to. I'm a citizen of the United States.
Yup. And the constitution renders the power unto the people; to dispatch threats both foreign, and domestic. It really is an incredible document...

No man would be allowed to enter our hunting camp wielding an ar15. We would never allow anyone to hunt with those pieces of junk and they will never come close to the bolt action. I have no problem with people owning them but for hunting they should nab enter the hands of a skilled Hunter and we seriously would ostrasize and send home through degradation and dehumanization any moron trying to hunt our woods with one.

LOL! Sounds like your "hunters camp" is populated by Elmer Fudds.

fud003.gif

Forum List

Back