Many hunters use AR15s...

Wouldn't it be more apt to say "but it doesn't cover aberrant usage of arms...shooting in town (pick your irresponsible usage)". It's a verb / action .... yelling fire... shooting inside building... etc. not a 'passive' thing such as ownership / possession (loose interpretation of "bearing arms".... IMHO

No because they are both items. The first Amendment allows for free speech, however there are some types of speech not included. It's not just about yelling fire in a crowded theater. You also can't threaten people like the President. So the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms, but it doesn't cover all types of arms, and as I said earlier in the thread, that was even backed by Justice Scalia who was one of the greatest proponents of fire arm ownership to ever serve on the Supreme Court.
Why do you believe the second amendment wouldn't cover an AR-15?

Because the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the Second Amendment isn't limitless, and as of recently the AR-15 has been ruled a weapon of war not covered under the right to bear arms.

Where has it (AR-15) been "ruled a weapon of war" ? Last I heard it was a civilian sporting rifle...
I told him that dozens of times, apparently he has shit for brains

I think I just figured out the issue between you and I. You seem to think what you say matters and I care what you think. Well I don't. Glad we got that resolved.

:abgg2q.jpg:

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

Because I can use an AR15 in dual roles...home protection and hunting.

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.

You don't need an AR-15 to protect your home, and the right to bear arms doesn't say an AR-15 is covered.
The first amendment doesn't specificlly mention your name...

It doesn't have to. I'm a citizen of the United States.
Yup. And the constitution renders the power unto the people; to dispatch threats both foreign, and domestic. It really is an incredible document...

Yeah and it is a great thing that the majority of the people want more gun control than less.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

This is what I mean by people who neither know about guns or hunting.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
Well here is the deal professor. The AR 15s used in mass killings of young students weren't chambered for hunting varmints. They were chambered to kill humans with the maximum amount of damage. So you can KMA!
Na, an ar15 is just a sporting rifle

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
One shot is all you need to bring down a deer. A five round mag would suffice for any hunting needs and a bolt action rifle would also be preferred. But we know what you RW gun nuts really want. You want parity with the military in the event your illusion of a tyrannical government becomes reality or in the event there is an invasion of armed hostiles across the borders. Fear of Blacks, Hispanics , Muslims and Asians have driven you into the arms of Putin and the NRA.
Lol
You know nothing of firearms... now run along

Well here is the deal professor. The AR 15s used in mass killings of young students weren't chambered for hunting varmints. They were chambered to kill humans with the maximum amount of damage. So you can KMA!
Can you tell me what gun is not chambered to kill humans?

This is completely obtuse. Firearms are designed to kill anything that lives. All of them. Humans are included in living things that guns are designed to destroy.

This tortured concept of only certain guns being designed to kill humans is complete nonsense.

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?
Wrong, An ar15 is just a sporting rifle it would never pass military muster. dumbass

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
One shot is all you need to bring down a deer. A five round mag would suffice for any hunting needs and a bolt action rifle would also be preferred. But we know what you RW gun nuts really want. You want parity with the military in the event your illusion of a tyrannical government becomes reality or in the event there is an invasion of armed hostiles across the borders. Fear of Blacks, Hispanics , Muslims and Asians have driven you into the arms of Putin and the NRA.

Hey there, can you tell us which military uses this hereand what they had in mind for it? And so you know, most states require that the magazine be fixed, as in NOT removable, 5 rounds max capacity and even the ammo has to be of an expanding soft or hollow point designs. That’s for game animals. Non game animals , like hogs you can typically use a flame thrower if you like.

The weapon of choice for the lone mass murderer is the AR 15 style weapon.
That is all that concerns me at this point and I want something done to keep this weapon out of civilian hands. We never know when one of you gun nuts will snap.
Lol
People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people. Most people learn that in grade school

And here is another one.

Look them up

Lol

Evidently, you don't know enough about firearms to prove your point. "Because I say so", or "because the NRA and other gun nuts say so" isn't really proof.

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?
That is bullshit. You are poorly informed. It was designed to engage the enemy at 100 to 500 yards and to be more likely to only, rather than kill.

Either way, all firearms are designed to kill. ALL of them.

You are dodging reality. Most firearms don't kill as many people in as short a time as the AR 15 is capable of. More people would have had a chance to escape if a less effective killing machine was used.
Na, Before going to use whatever means are necessary. Firearms have no control over people. Dumbass

And here is another one.

Look them up

Hey there, can you tell us which military uses this hereand what they had in mind for it? And so you know, most states require that the magazine be fixed, as in NOT removable, 5 rounds max capacity and even the ammo has to be of an expanding soft or hollow point designs. That’s for game animals. Non game animals , like hogs you can typically use a flame thrower if you like.

That is all that concerns me at this point and I want something done to keep this weapon out of civilian hands. We never know when one of you gun nuts will snap.
Lol
People kill people not firearms, firearms have no control over people. Most people learn that in grade school

People use firearms to kill people dumb ass.

And here is another one.

Look them up

Lol

Evidently, you don't know enough about firearms to prove your point. "Because I say so", or "because the NRA and other gun nuts say so" isn't really proof.
Political correctness is proof of nothing

And here is another one.

Look them up

Lol

Political correctness has nothing to do with this. I guess that attempt at misdirection was better than your usual "but Hillary" dodge, so good for you.

And here is another one.

Look them up

Lol

Firearms have no control over people

And here is another one.

Look them up

Lol

Political correctness has nothing to do with this. I guess that attempt at misdirection was better than your usual "but Hillary" dodge, so good for you.
But it does, Political correctness is how bleeding hearts like yourself try to control people you disagree with.

Lol

Firearms have no control over people

OK. What idiot thought that dumb comment would prove anything?

Lol

But it does, Political correctness is how bleeding hearts like yourself try to control people you disagree with.

What ever you say.

Because I can use an AR15 in dual roles...home protection and hunting.

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.

You don't need an AR-15 to protect your home, and the right to bear arms doesn't say an AR-15 is covered.

Yup. And the constitution renders the power unto the people; to dispatch threats both foreign, and domestic. It really is an incredible document...

Yeah and it is a great thing that the majority of the people want more gun control than less.
It’s obvious people like yourself want no one to own any firearms. LOL

It’s obvious people like yourself want no one to own any firearms. LOL

The NRA told you that, Right?

Forum List

Back