Many hunters use AR15s...

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

This is what I mean by people who neither know about guns or hunting.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
Well here is the deal professor. The AR 15s used in mass killings of young students weren't chambered for hunting varmints. They were chambered to kill humans with the maximum amount of damage. So you can KMA!

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

Ahem, do not speak such blasphemous doo doo. No AR nothing will ever replace a bolt action in accuracy. No semiauto ever will. That said, I DO like hunting with the AR, but find it clunky. For hunting season I install a bullet button and a 5 round magazine with a Wally World scope that typically sits on my .22. Very accurate. Some of the ammo out there is a fuzz to long and hangs up in the magazine so I’ll load through the ejection port. For hogs ? Iron sights and a 30 round magazine and the ammo is shit ass Lake City green tip. Cuts them to ribbons.

Well here is the deal professor. The AR 15s used in mass killings of young students weren't chambered for hunting varmints. They were chambered to kill humans with the maximum amount of damage. So you can KMA!
Can you tell me what gun is not chambered to kill humans?

This is completely obtuse. Firearms are designed to kill anything that lives. All of them. Humans are included in living things that guns are designed to destroy.

This tortured concept of only certain guns being designed to kill humans is complete nonsense.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.

Weren’t chambered for killing varments? Guess it depends on what one considers a varmint. That aside you don’t know what your trying to say and it makes you look ignorant.

This is completely obtuse. Firearms are designed to kill anything that lives. All of them. Humans are included in living things that guns are designed to destroy.

This tortured concept of only certain guns being designed to kill humans is complete nonsense.

Yes. A NERF N-strike 2020.

Must have been an invisible Ar-15. Probably a "cloaking device"

Three armed men vs one...I wouldn't want anything but an AR15. Wouldn't you?

And before you say "that's unlikely"...it's significantly more likely than the mass shooting you would use to justify banning it.

I live in Tucson, which is where the "home invasion" took place. It was a drug deal gone bad. If you are doing drug deals, then, I think that you can say that you need an AR-15 to ward off a home invasion. If you are not dealing drugs, I would say that the odds of you having a home invasion by three people are less than your odds of being hit by lightning, twice.

BTW...do you have a link to that I've only seen the video...never read the story.

2 killed in shooting were committing home invasion, Tucson police say
Thanks, but are you sure that's the same one? It says midnight, but the video looks like it is daytime.

No, I am not sure. Nevertheless, I have never feared a home invasion by three gangsters, myself, and after 73 years, it hasn't happened to me. Then again, I am not a gangster. I sincerely doubt if 3 thugs are going to break into your home to kill you. But, even if they do, safety experts all agree that the defensive weapon of choice is a shotgun, which will not penetrate the wall and kill your loved ones.

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
One shot is all you need to bring down a deer. A five round mag would suffice for any hunting needs and a bolt action rifle would also be preferred. But we know what you RW gun nuts really want. You want parity with the military in the event your illusion of a tyrannical government becomes reality or in the event there is an invasion of armed hostiles across the borders. Fear of Blacks, Hispanics , Muslims and Asians have driven you into the arms of Putin and the NRA.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

And killing wild pigs and jackrabbits in mass is NOT HUNTING.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?

Look at you counting to tater tot like a big boy. Or whatever. You could at least read up on shit before you act like you have a clue. Next time you are at wallyworld getting your PBR and moonpies grab your States hunting and fishing regulation and post a link to the section titled “ legal methods of take” or some such. Your welcome.

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
One shot is all you need to bring down a deer. A five round mag would suffice for any hunting needs and a bolt action rifle would also be preferred. But we know what you RW gun nuts really want. You want parity with the military in the event your illusion of a tyrannical government becomes reality or in the event there is an invasion of armed hostiles across the borders. Fear of Blacks, Hispanics , Muslims and Asians have driven you into the arms of Putin and the NRA.

Hey there, can you tell us which military uses this hereand what they had in mind for it? And so you know, most states require that the magazine be fixed, as in NOT removable, 5 rounds max capacity and even the ammo has to be of an expanding soft or hollow point designs. That’s for game animals. Non game animals , like hogs you can typically use a flame thrower if you like.

07FDC9F8-7415-487A-8773-ABAA36618F99.jpeg

Weren’t chambered for killing varments? Guess it depends on what one considers a varmint. That aside you don’t know what your trying to say and it makes you look ignorant.

Your opinion doesn't mean much to me since you are an idiot. Do you consider those 17 dead students varmints..you figgin' varmint.

Your opinion doesn't mean much to me since you are an idiot. Do you consider those 17 dead students varmints..you figgin' varmint.

Not an opinion Junior, it’s a fact, and no, not the kids who were hurt and killed. But the little whores who ran to a news cameras aren’t varmints either, more like turds.

The AR 15 was not designed to be a hunting rifle. It was designed to fire a projectile that tumbles. That tumbling effect turns flesh into hamburger and destroys organs. Now do you understand what this old Army guy is trying to tell ya?
That is bullshit. You are poorly informed. It was designed to engage the enemy at 100 to 500 yards and to be more likely to wound only, rather than kill.

Either way, all firearms are designed to kill. ALL of them.

And here is another one.

Look them up

Hey there, can you tell us which military uses this hereand what they had in mind for it? And so you know, most states require that the magazine be fixed, as in NOT removable, 5 rounds max capacity and even the ammo has to be of an expanding soft or hollow point designs. That’s for game animals. Non game animals , like hogs you can typically use a flame thrower if you like.

The weapon of choice for the lone mass murderer is the AR 15 style weapon.
That is all that concerns me at this point and I want something done to keep this weapon out of civilian hands. We never know when one of you gun nuts will snap.

Not an opinion Junior, it’s a fact. .
Whats a fact? Are you saying those 17 kids killed by an AR 15 wielding lunatic were varmints?

Do you consider those 17 dead students varmints.
Whether he considers them varmints or not is wholly irrelevant. Guns are designed to kill living organisms. People fall into that category.

You are just trying to make the AR into a boogeyweapon that we should all fear more than, say, shotguns. Which is more deadly?

Forum List

Back