Many hunters use AR15s...

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.

And? Most laws are looking to limit clip size as well, as they should. Do you need a 30 round clip to hunt deer? Do you plan on being attacked by 30 deer while sitting in your tree stand?

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

And killing wild pigs and jackrabbits in mass is NOT HUNTING.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?
You mad bro?

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

Because I can use an AR15 in dual roles...home protection and hunting.

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

And it is modular, I can keep the lower and buy an upper in 300 blackout for deer hunting. (we have pretty good sized deer in Missouri)

Plus, I learned the platform inside and out when I was in the Army, including repair. I have a lever action 45 Colt that I would never consider repairing myself...driving out rolled pins to disassemble would be the first of many hindrances. But my AR, I can have it disassembled in minutes with the bare firing pin laying in my hand.

And, it is far easier to customize. The problem with discussing these things with you is you don't know the unfathomable depth of the knowledge you do not possess. You think one just grabs a rifle off the shelf, puts any old bullet in it and it's good to go. I would have to explain length of pull, maximum point blank range, bullet types and weights, charge throws, rifling turn rates and why a 1 in 8 might be better than a 1 in 9 or even 1 in 12 for an AR.

Suffice it to say, anything you can do yourself saves you a pile of money, and when it comes to length of pull, you used to be forced to permanently alter the stock to adjust to a shorter LOP meaning my 5'2" wife and I couldn't share a firearm...or fathers and sons/daughters..prior to the adjustable six position stock.
You might as well give up progressives will never understand the firearms

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor self defense.

Yes, it IS about self defense. Stop lecturing us about things you know nothing about.

...actually this has already been fought in court, and they decided that the Second Amendment doesn't say a person has the right to own an AR-15 or any rifle for that matter.

Even late Justice Scalia said:

"The late justice also more generally offered the belief that “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.” It is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For instance, Scalia said concealment laws were permitted at the time of the Constitution’s ratification and should be permitted today."

How Antonin Scalia helped shape today's gun control reform debate

You don't need an AR-15 to protect your home, and the right to bear arms doesn't say an AR-15 is covered.

Yes, it IS about self defense. Stop lecturing us about things you know nothing about.

...actually this has already been fought in court, and they decided that the Second Amendment doesn't say a person has the right to own an AR-15 or any rifle for that matter.

"The late justice also more generally offered the belief that “like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.” It is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” For instance, Scalia said concealment laws were permitted at the time of the Constitution’s ratification and should be permitted today."

The guy is dead... so irrelevant
So come take them... lol

So come take them... lol

And? If the government told AR-15 owners to turn them in... there isn't shit that would happen. Period.

You don't need an AR-15 to protect your home, and the right to bear arms doesn't say an AR-15 is covered.
mmyjp9YBaRR3Fzb1odiW8Sg.jpg

So come take them... lol

And? If the government told AR-15 owners to turn them in... there isn't shit that would happen. Period.
The federal government can’t even deal with some crazy guy in Florida that shot up a bunch of kids in a gun free zone… The federal government is incompetent

So come take them... lol

I also love how ignorant the remark is that Scalia's opinion no longer matters because he's dead. You aren't the brightest bulb are you?

So come take them... lol

I also love how ignorant the remark is that Scalia's opinion no longer matters because he's dead. You aren't the brightest bulb are you?
Well you can ask him I guess… LOL

So come take them... lol

The federal government can’t even deal with some crazy guy in Florida that shot up a bunch of kids in a gun free zone… The federal government is incompetent

I'm glad you admitted the Trump led federal government is incompetent. You are starting to come around.

:abgg2q.jpg:

No they don't.

That is a lie.

Whenever I feel like hunting I go alone on 300 acres of family land and stalk hunt . I don't have an issue using an AR-15 I've got friends that deer hunt with .357's revolvers just because they can. So maybe you don't have a fucking clue what your talking about.

And? Most laws are looking to limit clip size as well, as they should. Do you need a 30 round clip to hunt deer? Do you plan on being attacked by 30 deer while sitting in your tree stand?

Absolutely excellent point. No, I don't plan on being attacked while sitting in a tree stand...which is why a round restriction makes some sense.

BUT. Here is a common sense question for you. If someone broke into your home at 2am...would you rather have more available ammunition without reloading...or less?

Keep in mind, this is 1000 times more likely to happen than a mass shooting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back