Many hunters use AR15s...

This one is only about SELF-DEFENSE. He understood that if you make guns illegal, only the law abiding will be disarmed. Libs totally lack wisdom or sense

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

Just think! If Oswald had had an AR-15, he could have taken out, not only JFK, but Connolly and LBJ, too! You can't argue with efficiency!

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos
Where AR's really shine... varmint and coyote hunting where there are a bunch of varmints at their holes & bagging a coyote at a dead run. Deer hunting I'm 50/50, still like the 'nostalgia' of some of my lever guns when in the brush, bolt guns when in the open, pump guns in the thickets... Good times, good memories all

Last edited:
This one is only about SELF-DEFENSE. He understood that if you make guns illegal, only the law abiding will be disarmed. Libs totally lack wisdom or sense

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

I'm wondering if you can site a single instance in which an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian.....?

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
I've got one in .223 and .308 like yours... still haven't gotten around to taking the 308 out of the box yet (3yrs) lots of other sticks occupying my attention I guess. I very much like that they take my AR-10 and AR-15 mags...

- Thomas Jefferson

I'm wondering if you can site a single instance in which an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian.....?
I'm wondering why you don't know how to use a search engine yet...

5 People Who Used An AR-15 to Defend Themselves, and It Probably Saved Their Lives

- Thomas Jefferson

Texas church shooting, just off the top of my head.

Texas Hero: I Couldn't Have Stopped Mass Shooter Without My AR-15

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.
I've got one in .223 and .308 like yours... still haven't gotten around to taking the 308 out of the box yet (3yrs) lots of other sticks occupying my attention I guess. I very much like that they take my AR-10 and AR-15 mags...
.308 is the one to have. I have a friend that always has a couple tables at the gun shows and has one he'd like to sell me. I like my AK-47 though.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

why do you put "hunter" in quote marks?

my husband tells me that an AR- (which is the company name Armorlite) 15 comes in many different calibers. He says it is a popular hunting weapon for the same reason it is a popular military weapon. it doesn't jam even when dirty and is reliable. Just what he said. I don't know personally, but I trust him on these issues. Personally think the key is in making sure magazines can't hold more than 10 shots. tighten up background checks, keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them and raise the age of purchase to 21.

then see what happens.

sometimes you need a scalpel to fix things and not a hatchet.

True. Since the 2nd Amendment is not in any way predicated on a firearms ability to take game, it really doesn't matter. Simply calling out another gun-grabber falsehood.

How ironic. Owning an AR 15 is not predicated in any way on the protections of the 2nd Amendment. Which doesn't give anyone the right to own one. That has now been confirmed by the Supreme court twice in the last 10 years.

The only falsehood in this thread is you possess a brain.

- Thomas Jefferson

I think calling it "self defense" is kind of a stretch, since the gunman was fleeing at the the time, and the man who shot him had to commandeer a truck to chase him down. He could have just as well stayed where he was, and still had not suffered any injuries.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

The weapon of choice for poor marksmen. They can get off more rounds against a defenseless animal. Real sportsmen.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about Moon Bat.

I build ARs all the time. It is common to get 1 MOA out of most ARs if you use good ammo and have a decent optic. Even something like a Colt 6920 right out of the box with a standard M-4 type barrel. You can build precision ARs that can get .10 MOA.

I am taking one out to the range on Friday that with my handloads and if weather isn't a factor most of the bullet holes in the target will be touching one another.

True. Since the 2nd Amendment is not in any way predicated on a firearms ability to take game, it really doesn't matter. Simply calling out another gun-grabber falsehood.

How ironic. Owning an AR 15 is not predicated in any way on the protections of the 2nd Amendment. Which doesn't give anyone the right to own one. That has now been confirmed by the Supreme court twice in the last 10 years.

The only falsehood in this thread is you possess a brain.

A remedial reading class may be in order.

- Thomas Jefferson

I think calling it "self defense" is kind of a stretch, since the gunman was fleeing at the the time, and the man who shot him had to commandeer a truck to chase him down. He could have just as well stayed where he was, and still had not suffered any injuries.

I'm now sure your logic here is sound. Letting an armed assailant who has just shot up a church run loose is a recipe for disaster. There is little doubt this guy saved lives.

- Thomas Jefferson

I'm now sure your logic here is sound. Letting an armed assailant who has just shot up a church run loose is a recipe for disaster. There is little doubt this guy saved lives.

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional.

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional

What you fail to understand is that you don't have the right to make that decision for others. If you don' feel you need one, don't buy one.

The-2nd-amendment-was-not-about-hunting.gif

So continue to hunt with yours we just might not continue to manufacture them

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional.

Here's one.

Three armed criminals, home invasion

Forum List

Back