Many hunters use AR15s...

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos
So continue to hunt with yours we just might not continue to manufacture them

:lol:

"We" ? you got a gerbil in your underpants?

Keep dreaming bub......the AR-15 is never going away.

No man would be allowed to enter our hunting camp wielding an ar15. We would never allow anyone to hunt with those pieces of junk and they will never come close to the bolt action. I have no problem with people owning them but for hunting they should nab enter the hands of a skilled Hunter and we seriously would ostrasize and send home through degradation and dehumanization any moron trying to hunt our woods with one.

I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

And killing wild pigs and jackrabbits in mass is NOT HUNTING.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?

The AR is a perfect varmint gun.
Your ranting and raving wont change that.

No man would be allowed to enter our hunting camp wielding an ar15. We would never allow anyone to hunt with those pieces of junk and they will never come close to the bolt action. I have no problem with people owning them but for hunting they should nab enter the hands of a skilled Hunter and we seriously would ostrasize and send home through degradation and dehumanization any moron trying to hunt our woods with one.

So you live in yankee land with no Coyotes or Feral hogs.

Do Do their accuracy for hunting is inconsistent. And their looks are cheap. No quality.

This one is only about SELF-DEFENSE. He understood that if you make guns illegal, only the law abiding will be disarmed. Libs totally lack wisdom or sense

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

I'm wondering if you can site a single instance in which an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian.....?

Texas church shooting, just off the top of my head.

Texas Hero: I Couldn't Have Stopped Mass Shooter Without My AR-15
I think calling it "self defense" is kind of a stretch, since the gunman was fleeing at the the time, and the man who shot him had to commandeer a truck to chase him down. He could have just as well stayed where he was, and still had not suffered any injuries.

I'm now sure your logic here is sound. Letting an armed assailant who has just shot up a church run loose is a recipe for disaster. There is little doubt this guy saved lives.

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional.
Then your knowledge is limited at best. That’s why you aren’t equipped to be in this conversation.

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional

What you fail to understand is that you don't have the right to make that decision for others. If you don' feel you need one, don't buy one.

Now, isn't that amazing, Death? Here, I thought we would never agree on something! So, you feel the same way about abortion, right?

If you need to us a AR-15 to hunt, your not a hunter....your a targeting egotistical male that need that type of sport to keep your dick dry....just sayin....and if there is a god, you will come back as the hunted.....just saying

This one is only about SELF-DEFENSE. He understood that if you make guns illegal, only the law abiding will be disarmed. Libs totally lack wisdom or sense

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson

I'm wondering if you can site a single instance in which an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian.....?

Texas church shooting, just off the top of my head.

Texas Hero: I Couldn't Have Stopped Mass Shooter Without My AR-15
I think calling it "self defense" is kind of a stretch, since the gunman was fleeing at the the time, and the man who shot him had to commandeer a truck to chase him down. He could have just as well stayed where he was, and still had not suffered any injuries.

I'm now sure your logic here is sound. Letting an armed assailant who has just shot up a church run loose is a recipe for disaster. There is little doubt this guy saved lives.

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional.
Because you have no idea what the fuck youre talking about...
Oklahoma man killed three teen home intruders using AR-15 rifle

Do Do their accuracy for hunting is inconsistent. And their looks are cheap. No quality.

Inaccurate?
I could bust your melon at 400 yards.

upload_2018-2-28_20-9-48.png

Here's one.

Three armed criminals, home invasion

Must have been an invisible Ar-15. Probably a "cloaking device"

Granted, but there has never been a case to my knowledge that an AR-15 has been used in self defense by a civilian. I have no problem with the police using them to save lives, either. But, to imply that I need an AR-15 for self defense is totally delusional

What you fail to understand is that you don't have the right to make that decision for others. If you don' feel you need one, don't buy one.

Now, isn't that amazing, Death? Here, I thought we would never agree on something! So, you feel the same way about abortion, right?
I do! If you don’t want to die; don’t let someone else kill you... The unborn aren’t able to use an AR sadly...

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

why do you put "hunter" in quote marks?

my husband tells me that an AR- (which is the company name Armorlite) 15 comes in many different calibers. He says it is a popular hunting weapon for the same reason it is a popular military weapon. it doesn't jam even when dirty and is reliable. Just what he said. I don't know personally, but I trust him on these issues. Personally think the key is in making sure magazines can't hold more than 10 shots. tighten up background checks, keep guns away from people who shouldn't have them and raise the age of purchase to 21.

then see what happens.

sometimes you need a scalpel to fix things and not a hatchet.

I put "hunter" in quotation marks because many people who say they are hunters, that have to use an AR-15 along with super expensive scopes and everything else, aren't really hunters. They have taken the nut out of the process, especially in this day and age where 99% of deer hunters aren't hunting because it is a necessity to feed their family.

I'm not going to give you a hard time over this, cuz some folks just feel this way. When the Beretta M92 replaced the Colt M1911, people called them junk, and when the M16 replaced the M14, people called them junk. and as the AR15 replaces the Winchester Model 70s and the Savage 110s and the Remington 700s, folks are going to call them junk...that's just the way of things.

To would be laughed right out of our hunting cabin rail tucked....until you returned with an actual hunting rifle.

Forum List

Back