Many Mock Righteousness

..... how is it then you have enough time in your day to criticize the wonky theology of some christians?
"enough time"? How much time is required? Perhaps he is a learned and well-versed scholar. Such men can quote knowledge straight from the heart and soul. It doesn't take much "time".
HaShev is not a servant of the LORD and you should stay away from him and his demonically inspired teachings. He is deceived and those who listen to him are opening themselves up for deception. What I would advise you to do is to buy a KJV Holy Bible, pray to the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to reveal His Word to you. Read John 7:17.

William Gurnall writes in His Treatise, "Many Mock Righteousness," about the traits of the mocker and what God has in store for such people. While sincerity is the stamp of one who is truly seeking the LORD, mockery is the stamp of those who despise the LORD and His servants. What I perceive about mockers is that they are the twin of the hypocrite. The trouble for this brand of sinner is that they are soon discovered by their response to holiness. William Gurnall said, The very hint of holiness works up such a strong opposition inside the person that it causes him to vomit out the gall and bitterness of his spirit against it. - end quote

The Word of God also reveals a time when such ones will be discovered.

The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isaiah 33:14

Many Mock Righteousness by William Gurnall

Some men are so far removed from being holy themselves that they ridicule those who are. These think the breastplate of righteousness is so foolish that they laughingly point to the saint that wears it in his daily behavior: "Look! There goes a holy brother, one of the pure ones!" But their mocking language does more than scorn the saint's holiness - it betrays the wickedness of their own hearts.

A further degree of ungodliness appears in mocking the holiness of another person rather than only harboring unholiness in oneself. How desperately wicked is that man who not only refuses partake in the divine nature himself but cannot bear the sight of others choosing to following the holiness of Christ. The very hint of holiness works up such a strong opposition inside the person it causes him to vomit out the bitterness and gall of his own spirit against it.

God reserves the chair for this kind of sinner and seats him above all his brethren in iniquity. Blessed is the man that walked not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (Psalm 1:1). In this case the scorner is set as chairman at the counsel of sinners.

Some read the word scornful as "rhetorical mockers," for there indeed a devilish cleverness in some of these jeerers. Such scorners take pride in polishing the darts they shoot against the saints. The Septuagint translates the phrase as "the chair of the pestilent ones." As the plague is the most deadly of diseases, so is the spirit of scorning among sins.

Very few recover from this sin, for the Bible speaks of sinners almost synonymously with the dead. God warns us not to waste our healing balm of reproof - "reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee" (Proverbs 9:8).
All we can do is write, "Lord, have mercy" on his door - pray for him, but do not try to reason with him.

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour
(read more from William Gurnall on the link above)

What does God say about the self righteous, racists, bigots, misogynists and all around callous jerks?

You've been deceived by the teachings of Madame Blavatsky. She was an occultist.
No. You've got it all wrong. Madame Blavatsky was the Polish whistle-blower who discovered that priests were sexually molesting boys and girls. But the Church hushed it up and threatened her with unspeakable retribution, so she fled to Switzerland where she and Frank Serpico dedicated their lives to assisting the deprogramming of Christian cult victims. They were very successful, and survivors from Jonesville, Heaven's Gate and so many more were treated and went on to live happy and spiritually-prosperous lives.

You need to quit wasting your time with that satanic-oriented rubbish you're reading and find out more about the world and the wonderful people who inhabit it.
If I am wrong then you should not mind watching these videos that reveal Madame Blavatsky quoted by her own words - her own writings. I would advise turning off the sound to the first video so you can concentrate on what you are reading. The truth shall set you free!

Uploaded on Mar 8, 2010
Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1831-91) is without comparison the single person who has had the most influence in the Occult Sciences in the 19 Century. She was born in Ukraine with the name Von Hahn-Rottenstern. She was a very sensitive child, often sleep-walking and suffered from hallucinations. Tibet was a very popular place to travel to in the 19 Century when most Europeans were quite disillusioned. So did also Madame Blavatsky, who as an adult saw herself as a telepath and a psychic. She was also the author to the book Secret Doctrine. In this book she wrote that during her trip to Tibet, she was led into a secret room underneath a Tibetan monastery where she was shown texts of ancient occult and mystical secrets of the universe, which also was said to lay a route to the future course of history. The texts said that man once was pure spirit without a body, but had fallen down to base matter, darkness and chaos. She then was initiated into magical practicing, using esoteric symbols which learnt how the human race once again would rise into pure spirit. She claimed she was in current telepathic contact with Hidden Masters, who taught her the occult history of the human race. Blavatsky was taught that the most powerful symbol of these esoteric ones was the Swastika. She wrote there were 7 stages of evolution, she named them route races. The race which should rise again to true spirit she named Aryans. In Tibet the Swastika was known as the son of fire and creation, but in Madame Blavatsky's teachings the Swastika was the symbol of the "alleged" Aryan race.

Last edited:
No, I am a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You are the servant of Satan in disguise ..... something you ought to have realized long before today, my son. You have read the words but did not understand them.
I'm a follower of Jesus Christ who is quoting Bible Scripture from the King James Holy Bible and you have admitted to being a follower of Madame Blavatsky - one of Satan's workers. Look at what she wrote (see the videos above) and ask yourself who it is you are following and where it is going to lead you! Hell is real. Do not be deceived.

..... you have admitted to being a follower of Madame Blavatsky - one of Satan's workers...
I knew, sooner or later, you'd admit to lies and deception being a large part of your standard repertoire. This proves beyond any shadow of doubt that you are a Satanist. You've been duped precisely as I said from the beginning of this discussion.
upside-down-cross.jpg

..... you have admitted to being a follower of Madame Blavatsky - one of Satan's workers...
I knew, sooner or later, you'd admit to lies and deception being a large part of your standard repertoire. This proves beyond any shadow of doubt that you are a Satanist. You've been duped precisely as I said from the beginning of this discussion.
upside-down-cross.jpg

That is a satanic symbol which has nothing to do with Jesus Christ other than blaspheming Him - look at the upside down cross. It's a symbol of Satan. Not Christianity. You've been deceived and is it any wonder when you are following the teachings of Madame Blavatsky? She was was a teacher of the occult. Did you watch the videos yet?

William Gurnall writes in His Treatise, "Many Mock Righteousness," about the traits of the mocker and what God has in store for such people. While sincerity is the stamp of one who is truly seeking the LORD, mockery is the stamp of those who despise the LORD and His servants. What I perceive about mockers is that they are the twin of the hypocrite. The trouble for this brand of sinner is that they are soon discovered by their response to holiness. William Gurnall said, The very hint of holiness works up such a strong opposition inside the person that it causes him to vomit out the gall and bitterness of his spirit against it. - end quote

The Word of God also reveals a time when such ones will be discovered.

The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
Isaiah 33:14

Many Mock Righteousness by William Gurnall

Some men are so far removed from being holy themselves that they ridicule those who are. These think the breastplate of righteousness is so foolish that they laughingly point to the saint that wears it in his daily behavior: "Look! There goes a holy brother, one of the pure ones!" But their mocking language does more than scorn the saint's holiness - it betrays the wickedness of their own hearts.

A further degree of ungodliness appears in mocking the holiness of another person rather than only harboring unholiness in oneself. How desperately wicked is that man who not only refuses partake in the divine nature himself but cannot bear the sight of others choosing to following the holiness of Christ. The very hint of holiness works up such a strong opposition inside the person it causes him to vomit out the bitterness and gall of his own spirit against it.

God reserves the chair for this kind of sinner and seats him above all his brethren in iniquity. Blessed is the man that walked not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (Psalm 1:1). In this case the scorner is set as chairman at the counsel of sinners.

Some read the word scornful as "rhetorical mockers," for there indeed a devilish cleverness in some of these jeerers. Such scorners take pride in polishing the darts they shoot against the saints. The Septuagint translates the phrase as "the chair of the pestilent ones." As the plague is the most deadly of diseases, so is the spirit of scorning among sins.

Very few recover from this sin, for the Bible speaks of sinners almost synonymously with the dead. God warns us not to waste our healing balm of reproof - "reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee" (Proverbs 9:8).
All we can do is write, "Lord, have mercy" on his door - pray for him, but do not try to reason with him.

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour
(read more from William Gurnall on the link above)

What does God say about the self righteous, racists, bigots, misogynists and all around callous jerks?
They are identified with the wicked. But as William Gurnall was a righteous servant of God who preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ it does not apply to him. Read the fate of the wicked, and depart from evil now before you are destroyed, @WryCatcher. The end of evil doers (workers of iniquity) is destruction.

Psalm 37 King James Version (KJV)
37 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.

18 The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lordupholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.

33 The Lord will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.

34 Wait on the Lord, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

I never said any such thing. I told you that you are following a teacher of the occult, Madame Blavatsky, and that the symbol you put up is a symbol of satanism, not Christianity.

You need to watch those videos and find out the truth about Madame Blavatsky.

This discussion is finished and it is time to return to the subject of the OP.

I never said any such thing. .
don't try to deny it! You admitted it right here ....

That is a satanic symbol

Verses 1 thru 7:

Raven hair and ruby lips
Sparks fly from her finger tips
Echoed voices in the night
She's a restless spirit on an endless flight
Wooo hooo witchy woman see how
High she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman she got
The moon in her eye
She held me spellbound in the night
Dancing shadows and firelight
Crazy laughter in another
Room and she drove herself to madness
With a silver spoon
Woo hoo witchy woman see how high she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman she got the moon in her eye
Well I know you want a lover,
Let me tell your brother, she's been sleeping
In the Devil's bed.
And there's some rumors going round
Someone's underground
She can rock you in the nighttime
'Til your skin turns red
Woo hoo witchy woman
See how high she flies
Woo hoo witchy woman
She got the moon in her eye

"Many Mock Righteousness"

No, what’s being appropriately mocked and derided is the arrogance common to far too many Christians and other theists.
Your problem isn't with William Gurnall. Your problem is with the Written Word of God, Clayton.

Your problem is not with William Gurnall. Your problem is with the Written Word of God! Hell is real ...
I've had a near death experience. There is no Hell. You've been duped. I don't know how old you are but there is never too much time left, so I suggest you stop believing in superstition and start loving your fellow man, giving him a hand, and quit trying to scare him with your ghost stories and boogie man malarkey.

You are deceived. You are willing to stake what you call your "near death experience" on eternity, GLASNOST? How foolish is that? The last man I went to visit at a hospital told me of his near death experience and I can tell you right now it wasn't of God - AT ALL! The man had rejected Jesus Christ because he loved not the truth. He ended up believing a strong delusion which is what happens to those who love not the truth. He had conversed with demons thinking it was a heavenly message he had received. This very board has people who are involved in secret societies - worshipping Lucifer -and you will hear some of them calling Jesus Christ Lucifer. Cabbala, Freemasonry, New Age, Golden Dawn, Edenism, Sabbateanism .... it's all a satanic deception.

What has happened to them? They loved not the truth - of God's Holy Written Word - and a strong delusion came upon them to believe a lie. That is what happens to people who love not the truth, this is what happens to those who depart from the truth.

It is written:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

Those who believed not, who loved not the truth (the Holy Written Word of God), God has sent a strong delusion that they should believe a lie. Why do people turn away from the truth? Because they had pleasure in unrighteousness (sin).

Anytime you hear someone blaspheming Jesus Christ and calling Him Lucifer you are witnessing someone whom God has sent a strong delusion to - that they should believe a lie. There is no reasoning with them so there is no point in talking to them. The only thing that one can do is pray for them.

Cabbala is full of satanic rituals which are an abomination unto God. It is full on Satanism. It is a deception just as Edenism, and all other occult teachings are... those who practice the occult shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.

What you have read in the OP is the truth. Your response reveals that reading it scares you. Why are you afraid? Because you are perishing and you know it. There is only one hope for you. Jesus Christ.
“It is written” by men, not a ‘god,’ as there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

Returning to the subject of the OP - the Book of Psalms begins with a description of the godly vs. the sinner.

Psalm 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

It is written:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

"Many Mock Righteousness"

No, what’s being appropriately mocked and derided is the arrogance common to far too many Christians and other theists.
It is written:
Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate. The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.
Psalm 34:21-22

“He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.”
Proverbs 17:15

The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
Psalm 37:12-13

Last edited:

Forum List

Back