Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
Well I'm neither a kid (I'm 36!), nor do I do any drugs.

So you had a bad personal experience . . .so what? Most people do not have a bad experience. Also, alcohol causes many, many, many more deaths than marijuana. I'll bet that alcohol causes more deaths per year than marijuana has since they've been keeping track of these things. Also, marijuana is a naturally growing plant. Alcohol is a toxic man made poison. Yet . . . alcohol AND CIGARETTES are legal and marijuana is not. Do you have an explanation for that?

Well, I'm 54 and from where I'm standin'... you're a kid. And THAT was 'an experience'... a BAD experience would be perhaps the time I walked 30 miles with no skin on the bottom of my feet... or ran out of air 80' down in the gulf of Messy Co. (Which was actually a pretty cool experience if ya dial out the whole 'dam' near died' thing... I'll spare ya the story).

Alcohol, like pot, doesn't pour itself down anyone's neck. So whatever PEOPLE DO when they're suffering self-stupidization... by having allowed themselves to over-indulge. Drink enough and at some point ya SHOULD figure out that drinkin' doesn't justify stupidity.

But I agree that one of Pot's strengths is that it is self limiting... Bottom line is that all recreational drug abuse (including alcohol) stunts you're growth... (Intellectual and emotional) Doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to do it, but they shouldn't be allowed to receive public subsidies because they screwed themselves up on it... nor should they be allowed to use insurance to pay for 'treatment' to help them get OFF it.

Not a big fan of any of it... seen ALL of it fuck up a LOT of people.

And... alcohol is made with naturally growing plants, same with tobacco. Do ya REALLY think that adding ONE more naturally growing plant to the list of shit idiots will abuse to their detriment and the detriment of their families & employers?

Really?

Yes. The war on drugs has been a complete failure. We have wasted BILLIONS of dollars on trying to control what substances people will put into their own bodies. Let them screw themselves up if that's what they want. They will do it anyways.

Absolutely true... We should have just applied higher standards of acceptable behavior and a shit-load more "JUDGMENT".

People are going to put into their bodies what they want, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. Unless you want to keep wasting money on putting them in jail, only to release them later and have them go RIGHT BACK to whatever they were doing before.

Besides, regardless of whether or not you thought you were "dying," you probably were not dying and you did not die obviously. That is absolutely no reason to make marijuana, a relatively benign substance in comparison to alcohol, illegal.

LOL! So three hits on a joint and I break out into a soaking sweat and ... not to put too much mustard on it, BUT there was the TEMPORARY BLINDESS... and this is no big deal?

LOL! Chris... let me tell my fear here. When > I < am the one preachin' against drug use... that's a pretty solid sign that we're TOTALLY BONED!

I've got a decades of experience in the use and abuse of just about every chemical one can ingest and probably survive... so I've got some cred in this particular area. And no one was able to tell me to 'just say no'... and all the evidence in the world couldn't keep me from imbibing, until it all crashed in around me.

So I know that no one is going to be convinced by anything I say here... but that isn't going to alter what I say about it.

Illicit drug abuse is a bad idea... It's not even a debatable point. Just color me a contrarian and leave it at that... And if it helps, I respect your position. You just need another 20 years to figure it out and THEN you can be the one sitting in a room full of kids telling you how much they know about it, despite their lacking the experience which proves them wrong.

I just hope it tickles you as much as it's tickled me.

:lol: Yeah, okay, marijuana is a killer!

Well, I'm 54 and from where I'm standin'... you're a kid. And THAT was 'an experience'... a BAD experience would be perhaps the time I walked 30 miles with no skin on the bottom of my feet... or ran out of air 80' down in the gulf of Messy Co. (Which was actually a pretty cool experience if ya dial out the whole 'dam' near died' thing... I'll spare ya the story).

Alcohol, like pot, doesn't pour itself down anyone's neck. So whatever PEOPLE DO when they're suffering self-stupidization... by having allowed themselves to over-indulge. Drink enough and at some point ya SHOULD figure out that drinkin' doesn't justify stupidity.

But I agree that one of Pot's strengths is that it is self limiting... Bottom line is that all recreational drug abuse (including alcohol) stunts you're growth... (Intellectual and emotional) Doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to do it, but they shouldn't be allowed to receive public subsidies because they screwed themselves up on it... nor should they be allowed to use insurance to pay for 'treatment' to help them get OFF it.

Not a big fan of any of it... seen ALL of it fuck up a LOT of people.

And... alcohol is made with naturally growing plants, same with tobacco. Do ya REALLY think that adding ONE more naturally growing plant to the list of shit idiots will abuse to their detriment and the detriment of their families & employers?

Really?

Yes. The war on drugs has been a complete failure. We have wasted BILLIONS of dollars on trying to control what substances people will put into their own bodies. Let them screw themselves up if that's what they want. They will do it anyways.

Absolutely true... We should have just applied higher standards of acceptable behavior and a shit-load more "JUDGMENT".

People are going to put into their bodies what they want, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. Unless you want to keep wasting money on putting them in jail, only to release them later and have them go RIGHT BACK to whatever they were doing before.

Besides, regardless of whether or not you thought you were "dying," you probably were not dying and you did not die obviously. That is absolutely no reason to make marijuana, a relatively benign substance in comparison to alcohol, illegal.

LOL! So three hits on a joint and I break out into a soaking sweat and ... not to put too much mustard on it, BUT there was the TEMPORARY BLINDESS... and this is no big deal?

LOL! Chris... let me tell my fear here. When > I < am the one preachin' against drug use... that's a pretty solid sign that we're TOTALLY BONED!

I've got a decades of experience in the use and abuse of just about every chemical one can ingest and probably survive... so I've got some cred in this particular area. And no one was able to tell me to 'just say no'... and all the evidence in the world couldn't keep me from imbibing, until it all crashed in around me.

So I know that no one is going to be convinced by anything I say here... but that isn't going to alter what I say about it.

Illicit drug abuse is a bad idea... It's not even a debatable point. Just color me a contrarian and leave it at that... And if it helps, I respect your position. You just need another 20 years to figure it out and THEN you can be the one sitting in a room full of kids telling you how much they know about it, despite their lacking the experience which proves them wrong.

I just hope it tickles you as much as it's tickled me.

:lol: Yeah, okay, marijuana is a killer!

ROFL!

Well, it won't kill ya, but if ya smoke enough of it: IT'LL MAKE YA GO BLIND! :ack-1::ack-1:

This isn't a liberal vs conservative issue. There are probably as many conservatives in favor of legalization as there are liberals (I'm talking about citizens, not politicians). The problem is with the government itself. They make more money keeping it illegal.

I love your post because it shows you are learning or are about to...

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives. They even stand against it on a medical level because all of their reasoning is "Slipperly slope" which is the laziest way to discuss a topic. Ironically these parties fight for "Freedom". And they are, they are fighting for the Freedom of the Corporations they represent that will lose $ if it's legal and they will no longer get their donations come when they run for office again. Basically, it's the "Freedom of a Corporation", not the "Freedom of the People".........Of course you probably think corporations are people because you don't know that no group of people can force 1 to vote a certain way by Constitutional Law. It's not your fault, it's a party thing. Not even a Corporation, by law, that has 5 million people in it can force the 5M and 1st person to vote a specific way. EACH PERSON HAS A VOICE IN A CORPORATION.
The corporation I work for does not have the Legal right to assume I'm in a Party. It does not have the right to take money of mine and donate it to a specific party. Unions are voluntary, and they can because they are a group of people who voluntarily come together to stand firm on specific topics.

So in the end (on many, many topics) we have the "Freedom Fighters" chosing to Nix it instead of Fix it. Mostly because they don't understand the difference between church and Governance.

I am a Coloradan, native. Born and raised. I love it when carpet baggers from out of state that moved in recently dictate to me morality on drugs alcohol,gay rights or illegal immigration.The federal government still holds marijuana illegal, and that should have been clarified 1st before any state legalized pot. From day one. I hate this steam roller liberal anything goes mentality, that isn't what democracy is about. But in Colorado? It's the Mad Hatter's state now, anything goes. Well, as a
NATIVE Coloradan, this just pisses me off against liberals.

This isn't a liberal vs conservative issue. There are probably as many conservatives in favor of legalization as there are liberals (I'm talking about citizens, not politicians). The problem is with the government itself. They make more money keeping it illegal.

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives. They even stand against it on a medical level because all of their reasoning is "Slipperly slope" which is the laziest way to discuss a topic. Ironically these parties fight for "Freedom". And they are, they are fighting for the Freedom of the Corporations they represent that will lose $ if it's legal and they will no longer get their donations come when they run for office again. Basically, it's the "Freedom of a Corporation", not the "Freedom of the People".........Of course you probably think corporations are people because you don't know that no group of people can force 1 to vote a certain way by Constitutional Law. It's not your fault, it's a party thing. Not even a Corporation, by law, that has 5 million people in it can force the 5M and 1st person to vote a specific way. EACH PERSON HAS A VOICE IN A CORPORATION.
The corporation I work for does not have the Legal right to assume I'm in a Party. It does not have the right to take money of mine and donate it to a specific party. Unions are voluntary, and they can because they are a group of people who voluntarily come together to stand firm on specific topics.

So in the end (on many, many topics) we have the "Freedom Fighters" chosing to Nix it instead of Fix it. Mostly because they don't understand the difference between church and Governance.

Man, as I said when I first contributed to this forum... IF the medical advocacy could seriously and literally separate itself from the legalize pot crowd, I'd be all for it.

Which means that I am all for medical use of pot, but realize that such is literally a facade for the legalize pot herd.

Anywho kids, I'm an east-coaster and its after midnight here, so my old ass is hittin' the rack.

I've enjoyed the discussion... TOKE!

Funny how the freedom fighting hater dupes are violently against this...and choice in many ways...

Watch how many 'moderate' Democrats come out against it.
Watch how "Freedom Loving" Republicans/Tea Party come out against it.

LOL! Yeah... Because pot is SO FREEING!

Beer isn't "Freeing" either.

It's a matter of an individuals right to chose.

People hate it when you try to protect them from themselves. It's different if there is a significant amount of Liberty loss by others such as driving without a seatbelt.

Watching people with serious medical conditions denied medicine because you are scared to death of the cure makes me wonder what goes on inside your brain. I do know that one of the reasons it was banned was because it made people think outside the box. You scared of that?

I have to hand it to the hippies. They had signs up about the unnecessary war in Iraq generations before America caught up to them. Some still haven't.

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives.

Really?

While it's probably not on their platform, most of the Tea Partiers I've known lean toward legalization.

I am a Coloradan, native. Born and raised. I love it when carpet baggers from out of state that moved in recently dictate to me morality on drugs alcohol,gay rights or illegal immigration.The federal government still holds marijuana illegal, and that should have been clarified 1st before any state legalized pot. From day one. I hate this steam roller liberal anything goes mentality, that isn't what democracy is about. But in Colorado? It's the Mad Hatter's state now, anything goes. Well, as a
NATIVE Coloradan, this just pisses me off against liberals.

You hate a Liberal amount of Freedom?

Man, as I said when I first contributed to this forum... IF the medical advocacy could seriously and literally separate itself from the legalize pot crowd, I'd be all for it.

Which means that I am all for medical use of pot, but realize that such is literally a facade for the legalize pot herd.

Anywho kids, I'm an east-coaster and its after midnight here, so my old ass is hittin' the rack.

I've enjoyed the discussion... TOKE!

"Which means that I am all for medical use of pot, but realize that such is literally a facade for the legalize pot herd."

Imagine yourself of as someone that doesn't use the substance yet actually did research on it watching people like you profile us into herds.............

There is absolute proof that hemp reduces seizures. There is absolute proof that hemp attacked cancer in some patients. The proof is out there. Yes, more stoners repeat it, but I'm not one of them. With minimal studies on hemp treating Cancer and the minimal ones came back positive for fighting it, why not condone more of the studies?

You probably wear a pink ribbon and stand against medical use of hemp.

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives.

Really?

While it's probably not on their platform, most of the Tea Partiers I've known lean toward legalization.

You mistake Tea Party with Libertarian.

Both parties are willing to sell out American Humanity. But the Libertarians are generally the Tea Party people that aren't Christian.

I work next to a growhouse, the stench of pot is like ...all the sand trucks rolling by my house 24/7 providing sand and chemicals for the frackers Colorado also legalized. Hmm. Colorado is such a whore. And she was such a beautiful place once. Aspens and the autumn air, skiing. Not any more.

Really?

Not usually. I'm generally suspicious of the Tea Party movement as having been largely astroturfed by same-old, same-old Republicans. But as an attempt to lure libertarians into voting Republican they do, nominally, adopt libertarian positions. And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.

I work next to a growhouse, the stench of pot is like ...all the sand trucks rolling by my house 24/7 providing sand and chemicals for the frackers Colorado also legalized. Hmm. Colorado is such a whore. And she was such a beautiful place once. Aspens and the autumn air, skiing. Not any more.

So you smell the pot......not the trucks fracking? Can you differentiate the difference?

Really?

Not usually. I'm generally suspicious of the Tea Party movement as having been largely astroturfed by same-old, same-old Republicans. But as an attempt to lure libertarians into voting Republican they do, nominally, adopt libertarian positions. And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.

"And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it" Actually, you do know where I am coming from. Who cares about the actual topic, it's only taxes that matter! Education is overrated!

"And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it" Actually, you do know where I am coming from. Who cares about the actual topic, it's only taxes that matter! Education is overrated!

Uh.. yeah, that's the main focus: "Taxed Enough Already" was their original slogan. Lower taxes and smaller government are their principle issues. But that leads many, if not most of them, to oppose the failed drug war. Which part is confusing you?

Forum List

Back