Marijuana

Should Marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Total voters
Until the federal government actually legalizes marijuana, with all its curative powers real or imagined, it should still be up to the FDA, No state should be legalizing it. Not Colorado or any other state, period.

"And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it" Actually, you do know where I am coming from. Who cares about the actual topic, it's only taxes that matter! Education is overrated!

Uh.. yeah, that's the main focus: "Taxed Enough Already" was their original slogan. Lower taxes and smaller government are their principle issues. But that leads many, if not most of them, to oppose the failed drug war. Which part is confusing you?

The part where they vote for tax breaks for Corporations but not the people. Thanks for asking.

Have you studied the tax rates for top corporations in America? I know, it's hard work....

"And I've heard many Tea Partiers decry the drug war - especially regarding the wasted tax money used to wage it" Actually, you do know where I am coming from. Who cares about the actual topic, it's only taxes that matter! Education is overrated!

Uh.. yeah, that's the main focus: "Taxed Enough Already" was their original slogan. Lower taxes and smaller government are their principle issues. But that leads many, if not most of them, to oppose the failed drug war. Which part is confusing you?

What? You must have me confused with someone else, kido. Being that that I work near many grow houses and the stench they make, here in Colorado it's become a major joke. I lost my last job of 20 years So that now I can just afford a new job that can pay wages under the so called affordable health care program, and live near an area that ships out sand for fracking 24/7, funny thing about politics. Screw all you ass holes.

Last edited:

What? You must have me confused with someone else, kido. Being that that I work near many grow houses and the stench they make, here in Colorado it's become a major joke. I lost my last job of 20 years So that now I can just afford a new job that can pay wages under the so called affordable health care program, and live near an area that ships out sand for fracking 24/7, funny thing about politics. Screw all you ass holes.

Your statement is all over the place. I'm guessing that meth houses in Colorado are next door to the formerly illegal hemp houses.

I work next to 2 Corporations that drown the locals in a nasty stinch. I'm certainly not justifying Corporations to make a stench in the atmostphere.

This isn't a liberal vs conservative issue. There are probably as many conservatives in favor of legalization as there are liberals (I'm talking about citizens, not politicians). The problem is with the government itself. They make more money keeping it illegal.

I love your post because it shows you are learning or are about to...

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives. They even stand against it on a medical level because all of their reasoning is "Slipperly slope" which is the laziest way to discuss a topic. Ironically these parties fight for "Freedom". And they are, they are fighting for the Freedom of the Corporations they represent that will lose $ if it's legal and they will no longer get their donations come when they run for office again. Basically, it's the "Freedom of a Corporation", not the "Freedom of the People".........Of course you probably think corporations are people because you don't know that no group of people can force 1 to vote a certain way by Constitutional Law. It's not your fault, it's a party thing. Not even a Corporation, by law, that has 5 million people in it can force the 5M and 1st person to vote a specific way. EACH PERSON HAS A VOICE IN A CORPORATION.
The corporation I work for does not have the Legal right to assume I'm in a Party. It does not have the right to take money of mine and donate it to a specific party. Unions are voluntary, and they can because they are a group of people who voluntarily come together to stand firm on specific topics.

So in the end (on many, many topics) we have the "Freedom Fighters" chosing to Nix it instead of Fix it. Mostly because they don't understand the difference between church and Governance.
Don't talk down to me. I was "learning" when you were still shitting in your diapers. Marijuana is not the only issue, and overall, Republicans are far more freedom friendly than Democrats, who seek to enslave and control every aspect of our lives. And as far as marijuana goes, they've passed up every opportunity to legalize it. They use the word "freedom" as a trick to get people to vote for them, and when they get in power, the people who put them there end up with even LESS freedom than they had before they voted.
So please don't try to sell me that crap about Democrats being more likely to legalize marijuana. They're just better liars. At least the Republicans are honest about their intentions. NEITHER party wants it legal.

The part where they vote for tax breaks for Corporations but not the people. Thanks for asking.

Have you studied the tax rates for top corporations in America? I know, it's hard work....

Look, you clearly have a boner for the Tea Party, and that's fine. I have issues with them as well. But you're just making shit up regarding the marijuana issue. I'm sure some TP folks are opposed to legalization, but overall it's not a concern of the movement, one way or another.

Sorry.. .looks like I got my quotes out of whack.

This isn't a liberal vs conservative issue. There are probably as many conservatives in favor of legalization as there are liberals (I'm talking about citizens, not politicians). The problem is with the government itself. They make more money keeping it illegal.

Republicans and Tea Party Conservatives openly stand against Cannabis. Just check their platform, ask their representatives. They even stand against it on a medical level because all of their reasoning is "Slipperly slope" which is the laziest way to discuss a topic. Ironically these parties fight for "Freedom". And they are, they are fighting for the Freedom of the Corporations they represent that will lose $ if it's legal and they will no longer get their donations come when they run for office again. Basically, it's the "Freedom of a Corporation", not the "Freedom of the People".........Of course you probably think corporations are people because you don't know that no group of people can force 1 to vote a certain way by Constitutional Law. It's not your fault, it's a party thing. Not even a Corporation, by law, that has 5 million people in it can force the 5M and 1st person to vote a specific way. EACH PERSON HAS A VOICE IN A CORPORATION.
The corporation I work for does not have the Legal right to assume I'm in a Party. It does not have the right to take money of mine and donate it to a specific party. Unions are voluntary, and they can because they are a group of people who voluntarily come together to stand firm on specific topics.

So in the end (on many, many topics) we have the "Freedom Fighters" chosing to Nix it instead of Fix it. Mostly because they don't understand the difference between church and Governance.
Don't talk down to me. I was "learning" when you were still shitting in your diapers. Marijuana is not the only issue, and overall, Republicans are far more freedom friendly than Democrats, who seek to enslave and control every aspect of our lives. And as far as marijuana goes, they've passed up every opportunity to legalize it. They use the word "freedom" as a trick to get people to vote for them, and when they get in power, the people who put them there end up with even LESS freedom than they had before they voted.
So please don't try to sell me that crap about Democrats being more likely to legalize marijuana. They're just better liars. At least the Republicans are honest about their intentions. NEITHER party wants it legal.

This is true. In fact, didn't the Obama administration oppose it when it was first legalized in some states (like Colorado) and say that it was still going to be considered illegal federally and that they would go after people?

Yes. The war on drugs has been a complete failure. We have wasted BILLIONS of dollars on trying to control what substances people will put into their own bodies. Let them screw themselves up if that's what they want. They will do it anyways.

Absolutely true... We should have just applied higher standards of acceptable behavior and a shit-load more "JUDGMENT".

People are going to put into their bodies what they want, and there really isn't anything we can do about it. Unless you want to keep wasting money on putting them in jail, only to release them later and have them go RIGHT BACK to whatever they were doing before.

Besides, regardless of whether or not you thought you were "dying," you probably were not dying and you did not die obviously. That is absolutely no reason to make marijuana, a relatively benign substance in comparison to alcohol, illegal.

LOL! So three hits on a joint and I break out into a soaking sweat and ... not to put too much mustard on it, BUT there was the TEMPORARY BLINDESS... and this is no big deal?

LOL! Chris... let me tell my fear here. When > I < am the one preachin' against drug use... that's a pretty solid sign that we're TOTALLY BONED!

I've got a decades of experience in the use and abuse of just about every chemical one can ingest and probably survive... so I've got some cred in this particular area. And no one was able to tell me to 'just say no'... and all the evidence in the world couldn't keep me from imbibing, until it all crashed in around me.

So I know that no one is going to be convinced by anything I say here... but that isn't going to alter what I say about it.

Illicit drug abuse is a bad idea... It's not even a debatable point. Just color me a contrarian and leave it at that... And if it helps, I respect your position. You just need another 20 years to figure it out and THEN you can be the one sitting in a room full of kids telling you how much they know about it, despite their lacking the experience which proves them wrong.

I just hope it tickles you as much as it's tickled me.

:lol: Yeah, okay, marijuana is a killer!

ROFL!

Well, it won't kill ya, but if ya smoke enough of it: IT'LL MAKE YA GO BLIND! :ack-1::ack-1:

That's an interesting comment, considering that one of the medical uses of marijuana is treat glaucoma because it relaxes constricted blood vessels in the eyes. :D Bet you didn't know that, did ya? ;)

I work next to a growhouse, the stench of pot is like ...all the sand trucks rolling by my house 24/7 providing sand and chemicals for the frackers Colorado also legalized. Hmm. Colorado is such a whore. And she was such a beautiful place once. Aspens and the autumn air, skiing. Not any more.
People change, Scenery change, Politicians change, the world can change... called evolution. Read about it. If you don't like how the world or how your CITY can change then i'm sorry, but your not going to live happy. Because for me, every season that goes by there is a change of scenery in my life, and the way I cope is I accept it.. because most of the time YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. just my 2 cents.

This is true. In fact, didn't the Obama administration oppose it when it was first legalized in some states (like Colorado) and say that it was still going to be considered illegal federally and that they would go after people?

Despite the memo that the Feds would back off, Holder is still going after dispensaries in California.
Smell the Truth Medical Marijuana Crackdown Will Continue in Northern California

You can only legally grow 12 plants per household in WA and CO. In many ways, the California system is more lenient. You can't get elected as a DA in Humboldt if you prosecute marijuana.

Free up the herb.

First they said they were going to stop shutting down dispensaries. That was during his first term. AFTER his reelection he announced that the feds would prosecute people under federal law. At least the Republicans are honest about their position. The Democrats will say whatever is appropriate at the time to get elected, then do what they want.

"They use the word "freedom" as a trick to get people to vote for them," Sounds more Libertarian than Democrat to me. But political research is HARD!.

Look, you clearly have a boner for the Tea Party, and that's fine. I have issues with them as well. But you're just making shit up regarding the marijuana issue. I'm sure some TP folks are opposed to legalization, but overall it's not a concern of the movement, one way or another.

The Tea Party movement is and has always been profit over humanity.

Hell yes, If I was a business owner and wanted to hire the least educated adults in America and give them minimal fractions of my profits and didn't want anyone to challenge this I would be McDonalds or WalMart. And convincing the McDonalds and WalMart workers to get welfare would be easy as well, and they do.

Watching the American poor fight for their own poverty is the topic of today.

Watching WalMart and McDonalds workers say they could do ok if they didn't have to pay taxes is epic irony.

"They use the word "freedom" as a trick to get people to vote for them," Sounds more Libertarian than Democrat to me. But political research is HARD!.
Of it sounds more "Libertarian then Democrat" to you, you are politically clueless. And yeah, political research is hard if you're not really seeking the truth.

Of it sounds more "Libertarian then Democrat" to you, you are politically clueless. And yeah, political research is hard if you're not really seeking the truth.

^Yep.

Insults in politics today makes you "smart". Fox News teaches that.

What happened to values and discussion?

The CEO and owners of Wal-Mart and McDonalds could not have gotten rich without their team, yet they take all the money the employee's could earn, meanwhile the employee's have to get welfare to house and feed their family.

Explain this to me Mr. Brain.

Not saying the workers should be rich. Just saying the team earning the profits might deserve some of the profits since the ones taking them are never even in the building.

Last edited:

^Yep.

The CEO and owners of Wal-Mart and McDonalds could not have gotten rich without their team, yet they take all the money the employee's could earn, meanwhile the employee's have to get welfare to house and feed their family.

Not saying the workers should be rich. Just saying the team earning the profits might deserve some of the profits since the ones taking them are never even in the building.
You obviously have never run a business.

^Yep.

I have owned 2 and I'm currently a Supervisor at one of America's top 10 Corporations. Small business is weak, due to politics. But I have supervisor brain. I'm sick of the uneducation in politics and feel the need to inform others even after I'm off the clock. Insomnia rules.

^Yep.

I have owned 2 and I'm currently a Supervisor at one of America's top 10 Corporations. Small business is weak, due to politics. But I have supervisor brain. I'm sick of the uneducation in politics and feel the need to inform others even after I'm off the clock. Insomnia rules.
Bullshit, you've never owned a business, you're a poser. BTW, "uneducation" is not a word, Mr. Brain.

^Yep.

Bullshit, you've never owned a business, you're a poser. BTW, "uneducation" is not a word, Mr. Brain.
^point made.

I'm never surprised at the Americans that hold the debate case, as I call it, "You are a stupid dumby face" argument. It's very 10 year old or so yet, so many adults are using it. What happened to actual INFORMATION?

I have owned 2 businesses. I know the basis of Capitalism. In order for me to gain wealth as a business owner I have to be able and willing to take money out of your pocket, and put it into mine. That's it and nothing more.

Along the way I decided I didn't want to make money if it meant hurting other Americans. Call it a Christian upbringing if you will. I am happy with what I have, I don't need more. Many people do need more. My family is happy. My wife gladfully doesn't require a $32,500 purse which is an actual thing.

You need to learn what the term "Superficial" means. And spend some time on "The grass is greener on the other side". Then some bible on "give everything you have and follow me".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back