Marine finds hateful note on his car...

MsnBama

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
New England
Vet finds hateful note on car at local shopping center

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A simple trip to the store ended with a veteran getting a hateful letter left on his car.

When a local Iraq War veteran went shopping Thursday morning, he did not expect to find an anonymous note with ugly language left on his car.

The letter blasted the Marine for having a Purple Heart and serving overseas. It stated, “All of you Islamaphobe vets deserve to die.”

The note has people shaking their heads. Some call the author pathetic.

“It’s just shocking,” Ann Lanoir said. “It’s just ignorant. That’s the way I feel. I feel like some punk wrote it.”

“Makes me sick to my stomach,” Navy veteran Robert LaPrairie said. “To me, it’s an act of terrorism really.”

“I just think it’s awful,” John Mohring said. “It’s very terrible. Veterans are our heroes.”

NEWS10 ABC showed the note to Lt. Steven Stockdale from the Warren County Sheriff’s Office to determine if the person who wrote it could face charges.

“That’s the first thing I look for Rachel [Yonkunas],” he said. “When we see something like that – is there any potential criminality?”

Stockdale said it is illegal to leave a note on a windshield, but he said the biggest disappointment is that the author thought writing the letter was okay.

“Communication these days has gotten very easy for people who want to stay anonymous,” he said. “And it takes a lot more courage to strap on an 80 pound pack and go to the Middle East and fight for your country than it does to scribble on a note and leave it cowardly behind on somebody’s windshield.”

Stockdale said it is illegal to leave a note on a windshield, but he said the biggest disappointment is that the author thought writing the letter was okay.

Funny, I never knew it was illegal to leave a note on someone vehicle, the next time I hit someone in a parking lot, I won't leave a note...

Funny, I never knew it was illegal to leave a note on someone vehicle, the next time I hit someone in a parking lot, I won't leave a note...
It's not. They forgot the "not" of "not illegal to"...

Nothing new for liberals. They are spineless and will only take a stand if they are perfectly safe. Plus, they think their opinions somehow matter.

Whomever left the note is a cowardly asshole. Is it really illegal to leave a note on the windshield of a car? That sounds like poppycock to me.

You guys wanted a culture war, enjoy.

Who is "you guys"?
The right-wing of the country, you know, the ones that want to kill all the Sand *******.

1) I'm not a member of the right.

2) My brother is not a Marine because he wanted to "kill all the sand _____" and I think it is safe to say that is likely true of many others, but please continue with the broad generalization that anyone who serves their country must be an ignorant, gun loving, 'Merica! type asshole.

You guys wanted a culture war, enjoy.
Sounds like you are enjoying this, Dr Stranglove.
Nope, but you reap what you sow...
Jesus Christ. What the hell are you talking about?
Hatred breads hatred.

So this Marine must hate everyone in the Middle East because he served in wars that took place in the Middle East?

That is no less ignorant than someone who hates all Muslims because of OBL or ISIS.

Well, we all know what type of lily livered individual makes his feelings known in a note rather than dealing with it face-to-face. He or she is clearly a small-minded coward of the first degree. Probably one of the many who hide behind keyboards on discussion boards.

Vet finds hateful note on car at local shopping center

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A simple trip to the store ended with a veteran getting a hateful letter left on his car.

When a local Iraq War veteran went shopping Thursday morning, he did not expect to find an anonymous note with ugly language left on his car.

The letter blasted the Marine for having a Purple Heart and serving overseas. It stated, “All of you Islamaphobe vets deserve to die.”

The note has people shaking their heads. Some call the author pathetic.

“It’s just shocking,” Ann Lanoir said. “It’s just ignorant. That’s the way I feel. I feel like some punk wrote it.”

“Makes me sick to my stomach,” Navy veteran Robert LaPrairie said. “To me, it’s an act of terrorism really.”

“I just think it’s awful,” John Mohring said. “It’s very terrible. Veterans are our heroes.”

NEWS10 ABC showed the note to Lt. Steven Stockdale from the Warren County Sheriff’s Office to determine if the person who wrote it could face charges.

“That’s the first thing I look for Rachel [Yonkunas],” he said. “When we see something like that – is there any potential criminality?”

“Communication these days has gotten very easy for people who want to stay anonymous,” he said. “And it takes a lot more courage to strap on an 80 pound pack and go to the Middle East and fight for your country than it does to scribble on a note and leave it cowardly behind on somebody’s windshield.”
The author of the note is a chickenshit. Which is why he/she left a note instead of saying it to his face. No need to concern oneself with cowards.

Nothing new for liberals. They are spineless and will only take a stand if they are perfectly safe. Plus, they think their opinions somehow matter.
Hey puss, this liberal like many other liberals are veterans...but play your stupid game of semantics, shows how ignorant you are...

Last edited:

I'm finding it a little strange for a Marine to call a note an "act of terrorism"...

Forum List

Back