Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt

If the Vet had been wearing a T shirt with Mickey Mouse [banned by the Taliban because Mickey resembles a human being] on it shown waving the American flag...I'd say he would've had no trouble gaining admission.

15619491-mmmain.jpg

A Marine combat veteran was denied admission to a New Jersey amusement park because he was wearing a patriotic Fourth of July shirt with a picture of a military rifle on it.

Mario Alejandro, 33, a veteran of the 2003 Iraq invasion, was stopped by a security guard when he and his family tried to enter Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, N.J., because his black shirt bore a drawing of an M-26 military rifle in red, white and blue, and the slogan, “Keep Calm and Return Fire,” NJ.com reports.

Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt - Tea Party Command Center

Another glorified babysitter playing cop overreacted to a perceived threat. Had the shirt showed anything but an M-16 type weapon I could see the point, but in the context of the flag colors on the rifle it's not threatening to me. Used to have a Navy Seals tee "A Cut Above The Rest" showing an undead diver slitting the throat of an enemy diver a lot scarier than that guy's :)

15619491-mmmain.jpg

A Marine combat veteran was denied admission to a New Jersey amusement park because he was wearing a patriotic Fourth of July shirt with a picture of a military rifle on it.

Mario Alejandro, 33, a veteran of the 2003 Iraq invasion, was stopped by a security guard when he and his family tried to enter Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township, N.J., because his black shirt bore a drawing of an M-26 military rifle in red, white and blue, and the slogan, “Keep Calm and Return Fire,” NJ.com reports.

Marine Vet Told to Leave Six Flags in NJ Due to Patriotic T-Shirt - Tea Party Command Center
I would have had him turn the shirt inside out, and then kept him away from the all you can eat hot dog stand...

I'm sure that if he'd been more interested in a family outing at Six Flags than his 15 minutes on the gun nut circuit, that's exactly what he would have done.

Exactly

He could have turned his shirt inside out and gone on his way

But he had to send his message......if you shoot me, I will shoot you

Great theme for a family park

Or, you know, they can do whatever the fuck they want, since they're a private company - and you guys with the persecution complexes can man the fuck up and deal with it.

Okay, what if it was a rainbow shirt?

How exactly does that matter in the slightest? If the owner of a private property requires that you wear all blue, and nothing but blue, right down to your underwear, do you have a problem with that?

So now are you on the side of the cake baker?

15619491-mmmain.jpg

Such a shirt is not at all appropriate for a theme park in which children may be present.

Daring someone to a gunfight in a family theme park is not an appropriate message......even if it is done in red white and blue

15619491-mmmain.jpg

Another glorified babysitter playing cop overreacted to a perceived threat. Had the shirt showed anything but an M-16 type weapon I could see the point, but in the context of the flag colors on the rifle it's not threatening to me. Used to have a Navy Seals tee "A Cut Above The Rest" showing an undead diver slitting the throat of an enemy diver a lot scarier than that guy's :)

They are not glorified babysitters, they are given the job to execute company security policy
Six Flags Great Adventure used to try to attract the teen market from NY and Philly. They used to book rap concerts and encourage a young clientele. They ended up with fights and a near riot at one event

They changed their focus to more family oriented. Booked Christian and pop groups. They implemented a zero tolerance for any misbehavior, profanity and provocative clothing

Rejecting someone for Wearing a shirt that says "if you shoot at me, I will shoot back" seems to be in line with their policy

15619491-mmmain.jpg

They are not glorified babysitters, they are given the job to execute company security policy
Six Flags Great Adventure used to try to attract the teen market from NY and Philly. They used to book rap concerts and encourage a young clientele. They ended up with fights and a near riot at one event

They changed their focus to more family oriented. Booked Christian and pop groups. They implemented a zero tolerance for any misbehavior, profanity and provocative clothing

Rejecting someone for Wearing a shirt that says "if you shoot at me, I will shoot back" seems to be in line with their policy

No one is faulting the security guard for doing his Job and enforcing the company policies - they are faulting the company policies .

The T-Shirt spoke for itself - it was not just a Rifle - it was an American Flag in the shape of the Rifle. He was not a thug / gang banger he was with his family - big difference.

They changed their focus to more family oriented. Booked Christian and pop groups.
Oh ... so now all of a sudden Christian groups are good to you - everywhere else I see you - you're mocking the Bible thumpers - so which way is it , or is it just what suits your argument at the present time ?

I will defend myself , my family and my country is provocative ?
They implemented a zero tolerance for any misbehavior, profanity and provocative clothing

Gotta just love how you Liberall ass suckers change your view point depending on the situation at hand See : http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...j-due-to-patriotic-t-shirt-7.html#post9634543

Last edited:

No one is faulting the security guard for doing his Job and enforcing the company policies - they are faulting the company policies .

The T-Shirt spoke for itself - it was not just a Rifle - it was an American Flag in the shape of the Rifle. He was not a thug / gang banger he was with his family - big difference.

They changed their focus to more family oriented. Booked Christian and pop groups.
Oh ... so now all of a sudden Christian groups are good to you - everywhere else I see you - you're mocking the Bible thumpers - so which way is it , or is it just what suits your argument at the present time ?

They implemented a zero tolerance for any misbehavior, profanity and provocative clothing

Yes

I will defend myself is provocative and indicates a readiness to fight. Great Adventure saw enough fights and found requiring appropriate clothing and behavior cut down on fights.
The guy was told of the policy as he entered the park. He could have turned the shirt inside out. Most patrons do
But being a tough guy with a message was more important

I think he was "denied admission" because his shirt was vaguely threatening and included an assault rifle, not because it was "patriotic".

What is "patriotic" about threatening to kill people, anyway?

How can a shirt be "threatening"?

And last time I checked no one has ever been killed by a picture on a T shirt

I think he was "denied admission" because his shirt was vaguely threatening and included an assault rifle, not because it was "patriotic".

Great Adventure doesn't just ban shirts with guns on them. They ban gang colors, shirts with a profane or sexual message, girls in skimpy outfits, guys walking around without a shirt

It is their dress policy. They find that it works. If you don't like it, stay home

Great Adventure doesn't just ban shirts with guns on them. They ban gang colors, shirts with a profane or sexual message, girls in skimpy outfits, guys walking around without a shirt

It is their dress policy. They find that it works. If you don't like it, stay home

It's obviously not clearly posted anywhere. But that has nothing to do with my question does it?

Yes

I will defend myself is provocative and indicates a readiness to fight. Great Adventure saw enough fights and found requiring appropriate clothing and behavior cut down on fights.
The guy was told of the policy as he entered the park. He could have turned the shirt inside out. Most patrons do
But being a tough guy with a message was more important

Is there something wrong with a readiness to defend yourself ?

And the flag Motto was indication, to anyone other than a Moron - that it was not a challenge , but a declaration of willingness to defend ones country . NOT pick a fight at an Amusement Park - He was proud of his service and wore it like a badge of honor as he should . Unlike candy ass - limp wristed - loud mouth liberal faggots such as yourself he has something to be proud of - have you ever done something to proud of ? NO _ Dumbass I'm not talking about winning a spitball fight back in the 6th grade .

15619491-mmmain.jpg

I have nothing against what's written on the t-shirt, but I think when you have a combination of a "proud patriot" and the amusement park on top of that, you get a situation where idiocy develops: proud patriots are problematic enough, much more so in a place where others go to look for an adventure.

The pussification of America continues. The shirt posed a threat? Some limp wristed gun grabber felt threatened? The officer was probably following procedure. Whoever wrote the procedure needs to be bitch slapped.

Or, you know, they can do whatever the fuck they want, since they're a private company - and you guys with the persecution complexes can man the fuck up and deal with it.

Man the fuck up? Care to compare combat records Doc?

(whips out his DD-214 slapping it onto the desk which breaks from the strain) ;)

Issue seems like a straight-foward 1st Amendment freedom of expression issue to me, private property isn't exempt from that.

15619491-mmmain.jpg

I have nothing against what's written on the t-shirt, but I think when you have a combination of a "proud patriot" and the amusement park on top of that, you get a situation where idiocy develops: proud patriots are problematic enough, much more so in a place where others go to look for an adventure.

So now Proud Patriots are problematic ?? So why don't parasites such as yourself stop reaping the fruits of Proud Patriots endeavors , Go live elsewhere and leech off someone elses blood and sweat. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE .

15619491-mmmain.jpg

So now Proud Patriots are problematic ?? So why don't parasites such as yourself stop reaping the fruits of Proud Patriots endeavors , Go live elsewhere and leech off someone elses blood and sweat. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE .

According to the government veterans are a threat

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/?page=all

SO are people who like to pay cash and little kids who bite their grilled cheese sandwiches into the shape of a gun

Forum List

Back