Marines’ Benghazi Rescue Platoon Was Kept on Tarmac for Six Hours

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
A platoon of US Marines assigned to the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team at Rota, Spain, was held on the base’s airstrip for six hours as administration officials debated whether to send them to Benghazi in uniform or in civilian clothes, one of the Republicans serving on the House Select Committee on Benghazi told Breitbart News Tuesday.
“The FAST team was sitting on the tarmac with no lift [aircraft]” to Benghazi, said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R.-Ga.). “While they’re there, people are getting them to change clothes. You know? Civilian clothes, then back to military clothes, then back to military clothes, back to civilian–which indicates to me that there was evidently a fight or a disagreement between the DoD and the State Department.”

---------------------------------------

When Americans are under attack and fighting for their lives you send a Quick Reaction Force or a Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team immediately. You don't hesitate. You don't wait.

"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."
- It is chaos, and Americans are fighting for their lives. THIS is their mission - to go, put themselves in harm's way, and save lives. It was hours to Benghazi, and during those hours en-route Intel could have been gathered (as much as possible), and they could have been briefed in the air. During that whole time in the air the situation could have been changing, but that is no reason NOT to send the highly trained team whose job it is to counter terrorism and terrorist attacks...and to save a US Ambassador.

"They would not have gotten there in time to save anyone."
- At the time the attack started they had no idea that was the case. They had no idea that 13 hours later Americans would still be fighting for their lives. Even if there is a slight chance someone might be alive YOU SEND THE F*ING CALVARY! THAT is the thing about 'You never leave a man behind' that Obama and Hillary will NEVER understand. If nothing else you send the team in that will kill these F*ers, who will secure the area, and who will get our people back, dead or alive!

Instead Barry and Hillary wasted 6 Hours (knowing they still had an approx. 12 hour flight once they took off) of extremely valuable time. They were unprepared - grasping for answers they should have already had knowing there was an extremely high chance of a terrorist attack happening on 9/11/12.

"I have heard Liberals say you don't send them because you don't know what the situation is on the ground."

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...

A platoon of US Marines assigned to the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team at Rota, Spain, was held on the base’s airstrip for six hours as administration officials debated whether to send them to Benghazi in uniform or in civilian clothes, one of the Republicans serving on the House Select Committee on Benghazi told Breitbart News Tuesday.
“The FAST team was sitting on the tarmac with no lift [aircraft]” to Benghazi, said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R.-Ga.). “While they’re there, people are getting them to change clothes. You know? Civilian clothes, then back to military clothes, then back to military clothes, back to civilian–which indicates to me that there was evidently a fight or a disagreement between the DoD and the State Department.”

When Americans are under attack and fighting for their lives you send a Quick Reaction Force or a Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team immediately. You don't hesitate. You don't wait.

- It is chaos, and Americans are fighting for their lives. THIS is their mission - to go, put themselves in harm's way, and save lives. It was hours to Benghazi, and during those hours en-route Intel could have been gathered (as much as possible), and they could have been briefed in the air. During that whole time in the air the situation could have been changing, but that is no reason NOT to send the highly trained team whose job it is to counter terrorism and terrorist attacks...and to save a US Ambassador.

- At the time the attack started they had no idea that was the case. They had no idea that 13 hours later Americans would still be fighting for their lives. Even if there is a slight chance someone might be alive YOU SEND THE F*ING CALVARY! THAT is the thing about 'You never leave a man behind' that Obama and Hillary will NEVER understand. If nothing else you send the team in that will kill these F*ers, who will secure the area, and who will get our people back, dead or alive!

Instead Barry and Hillary wasted 6 Hours (knowing they still had an approx. 12 hour flight once they took off) of extremely valuable time. They were unprepared - grasping for answers they should have already had knowing there was an extremely high chance of a terrorist attack happening on 9/11/12.
A big reason there should never be a President without military experience instead of a no-brain.

Hahahahaha, Breitphart :laugh2: Fact is during the 13th hour they were all being evacuated. Everyone but the Ambassador was rescued from the burning building (or recovered in the case of Sean Smith) and were in the CIA compound, which was much more fortified that the Consulate building. When the response team arrived at 4 in the morning there was a mortar attack that killed Woods and Doherty who were exposed on the rooftop of one of the buildings.

I fail to see how liberals created this tactic when it is a military textbook maneuver...
However liberal shit heads caused a giant cluster fuck, as per usual.

Fuck off Boy who cried wolf. Stupid bastard.

House Republicans Spent Millions Of Dollars On Benghazi Committee To Exonerate Clinton
Like eight previous reports, the bitterly partisan panel finds failings, but no blame for the former secretary of state.

House Republicans Spent Millions Of Dollars On Benghazi Committee To Exonerate Clinton

No one is listening to you except for right wingers who listen to Rush and watch fox. You can all suck it. No one cares.

Next 8 years will see the end of the American Dream.

"Next 8 years will see the end of the" far right reactionaries' "American Dream" of sending our country backward sixty years.

allow me to quote Robert Gates ..

We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible." he explained.

Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to "scare them with the noise or something," Gates said, ignored the "number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals."

"I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said.

Mr Gates knows a little more than a gaggle of goober headed message board morons.

soooooooooooooooo

We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible." he explained.

Suggestions that we could have flown a fighter jet over the attackers to "scare them with the noise or something," Gates said, ignored the "number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from [former Libyan leader] Qaddafi's arsenals."

"I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances," he said.

Mr Gates knows a little more than a gaggle of goober headed message board morons.

soooooooooooooooo
the RWNJs wanted some of our own military aircraft shot down so they could have something else to blame Clinton for?

soooooooooooooooo
the RWNJs wanted some of our own military aircraft shot down so they could have something else to blame Clinton for?

that or she was starting WW III

This kind of SNAFU also happened in Afghanistan with the Navy in the incident inspiring the book and movie "Last Man Standing". Typical military snafu. Hillary would have had no control over that. And the military will claim they were stretched too thin. Sh!t happens.

The F18's used against the Gaddafi regime were less than an hour away. It has been reported the team defending the anex had the equipment necessary to direct precision strikes against the mortar teams shelling them. Again, Obama and Clinton shit their pants when the shit hit the fan. Not leaders.

We do know with out a doubt Hillary and Obama knows how stupid their supporters are. Hillary told you it was a spontaneous protest started because of a video. While telling her daughter and world leaders that it was a terrorist attack. They rely on your stupidity to do as they please and you take up for them. That is one fact that came out of this. Oh and that liberal leadership is a failure. Vote for Hillary and more of this incompetence will come.

The dumdums who come up with this nonsense are simpletons of the highest order Congressman Westmoreland number one among them.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,_sE14nb7qL_B6g_IuSw8s61A1NmYfSWtYSjwNLfXtkqqKVI7Kxw0C1UDM0l2FmmVseFASwNjc-igmeCEM33GnIxR3QrZQ9Mmw1qzr3aFNxKEr59mD6oNdie0yOYsC0ZDz_dChFiHSFOpKheViSsjyYc,vIKRZ3tLT_-gf9QLnhjzN9c_wGoUAzv8AWNycK53sroqLXxMn2BPY4ECIJe1nKXBPhztcSPn4PmskcmDNtIjyEkRKRtWthPaKVHD3LSCKpDmhjSwpaXrjJsqV-b9XQRwH77EMHokojwq2WsETpLpbG3x8RXuSS3D43Co01vel6wFbKcU4i7luaNuZ4aW8ra2ooFG5oUj3Gd8K6irpuAHTneX13l6msFTbelBrI6ecIGqQmUmXZu55xgwcQFBSnPgcsa4BUdSUsINmxwgLu44amjhzVd4si4I65nbKp2aGOMEnFZ6yISfryV2OuiZJqCoZoQQd2iT-9_UbbxrQueyDf3Kp_w5T1i2phnAWr6KVe5yNtQEXEvITLP8aDp5MEPNjkFWGua0Y_3S5Ns1NZlqxhZWfU89m6lwcMtiTc3pMn_FDnAYQoz9mdX0Sw8zLA

Three hours and 5 minutes flying time and the Marine platoon that Westmoreland was talking about wasn't even involved until the day after the attack.

Forum List

Back