marjorie taylor greene wants a "National Divorce"

The Constitution does not have an exit clause, and every State that joined the Union Joined knowing that there was no exit clause.

However, if Red (or other States) wanted to leave the Union, the correct Constitutional way to do it would be to create a Constitutional amendment that provided an exit clause. There are several methods for passing a Constitutional amendment. It may take quite a long time, but if enough states really wanted to leave the Union, it could be done.

Of course, I suspect that if someone were to write such an amendment, it would just be an idiotic symbolic gesture that would be totally unworkable and would have no chance of ever being adopted.

But, hell, give it a try if you want.

The Constitution does not have an exit clause, and every State that joined the Union Joined knowing that there was no exit clause.

However, if Red (or other States) wanted to leave the Union, the correct Constitutional way to do it would be to create a Constitutional amendment that provided an exit clause. There are several methods for passing a Constitutional amendment. It may take quite a long time, but if enough states really wanted to leave the Union, it could be done.

Of course, I suspect that if someone were to write such an amendment, it would just be an idiotic symbolic gesture that would be totally unworkable and would have no chance of ever being adopted.

But, hell, give it a try if you want.

How ironic that the loudest voices calling for the end of the United States of America are also the ones who refer to themselves as "patriots."

It was called a Civil War, in 1861. The South, Red States, lost.

They are never going to "divorce". They need the money from the United Sates of America. They starve without it.

obviously, you don't know anything about the civil war. The south was all democrats during the civil war.

obviously, you don't know anything about the civil war. The south was all democrats during the civil war.

Yes, and today, they're red states.

2e09e731-77f5-4fa6-8d9c-325227f9b979.png

This is one subject I'm not going to lose any sleep over. Everyone knows there will be nothing that comes from it.
If the media runs with this story, (I'm not sure if they are or not) I know it will be to get the attention away from
the money being spent on war in Ukraine. Or, the embarrassment of the fly over "weather balloon" from China.
Or perhaps, that the US did actually blow up Russia's oil pipeline which actually is an act of war.
Just my thoughts....swing away.

How ironic that the loudest voices calling for the end of the United States of America are also the ones who refer to themselves as "patriots."

I just get a kick put of the fact that while so many of these 'Confederates' call for seceding from the U.S., when you present them with a workable plan, they are not interested.

They're all a bunch of loud mouth bags of wind and nothing more (especially MTG).

I just get a kick put of the fact that while so many of these 'Confederates' call for seceding from the U.S., when you present them with a workable plan, they are not interested.

They're all a bunch of loud mouth bags of wind and nothing more (especially MTG).
It's a requirement of all politicians, be it red or blue.

But it was the South, and yesterday s Democrats are today's Republicans. Since the 1930 s. You do not seem aware that there was a switch in ideologies since around the 1930 s.

As I have said before, they're like abusers. They abuse and abuse and abuse and when our bags our packed finally and we're at the door, they grab our ankles and screech "DON'T GO!!!"

Sorry, the iron has entered our souls. And you did it, Leftists.

I have no problem with anyone moving anywhere in the US.

But when you want to dissolve the nation based on partisan politics, I will always be against it.

No, she's good ----- she's maybe the next Trump. MTG for President! I'd vote for her in a minute. I'm expecting to see her up there soon. This kind of political ability doesn't belong to everybody. Her thing is to really know what people want, and just SAYING it. That's what Trump did, and we loved it.

ZOMG YES, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE run MTG for president 🙏!

Nothing would change for Republicans in blue states.

However, democrats in red states will not be allowed to vote. Red states will become one party states.

So republicans will get to vote in blue states, but democrats will not be allowed to vote in red states?

You don’t have a clue of the life style you speak of
I know what happens. Gays and lesbians are no longer fired for their sexual orientation. They are allowed to marry in same sex marriages. And they are afforded the same rights as any other citizen.
of g

Forum List

Back