marjorie taylor greene wants a "National Divorce"

Let's put the lunatic's idea to bed once and for all.

A few questions for those in favor of this debacle:
1) Does anyone here actually think the population of ANY state would vote to secede from the USA?
2) If it does happen, will the people told to move be reimbursed for their homes? I have a significant sum invested in my home. Do you think anyone would willingly walk away from their homes?
3) The same question where businesses are concerned. If people are forced to move, who will pay them for their business and it's assets?
4) And what if, after the split, a group of people formed a party that was not the ruling party in their new nation. Would they be prosecuted?
5) Who get the US Constitution and who gets to try and write "New & Improved" constitution?
For starters, ‘secession’ is un-Constitutional; a state cannot unilaterally decide to ‘secede’ absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

And even then it wouldn’t happen as American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them without due process or their consent.

Indeed, no state ‘seceded’ in 1861 – there was no ‘confederacy,’ residents of the states in lawless, treasonous rebellion remained US citizens, and no state was ‘readmitted’ into the Union because none had ‘left’ to begin with.

MTG said:

"We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. Everyone I talk to says this,” added Greene, who was re-elected to the House last November. “From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s [sic] traitorous America Last policies, we are done.”

Greene, later clarified amid a social media uproar that a “national divorce” doesn’t mean “civil war,” and argued that President Biden is the one leading the country “into WW3."

That makes sense ^^ It seems reasonable! :thup:

MTG said:

"We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. Everyone I talk to says this,” added Greene, who was re-elected to the House last November. “From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s [sic] traitorous America Last policies, we are done.”

Greene, later clarified amid a social media uproar that a “national divorce” doesn’t mean “civil war,” and argued that President Biden is the one leading the country “into WW3."

That makes sense ^^ It seems reasonable! :thup:

As Marjorie Trailer Queen blames her call to break up the US on Biden

Her statements show that she not only hates the United States, she roots for Russia

Given what the dems have gotten away with I am past the point of caring.
Just what have the "dems gotten away with?" When did they incite a sedition? When did they attack Capitol police? When did they lie about an election for over two years? When did they gather a group of fake electors in several states in an effort to overturn an election? When did they call a SoS in a state they lost and ask him to find 17,800 votes?

For starters, ‘secession’ is un-Constitutional; a state cannot unilaterally decide to ‘secede’ absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

And even then it wouldn’t happen as American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them without due process or their consent.

Indeed, no state ‘seceded’ in 1861 – there was no ‘confederacy,’ residents of the states in lawless, treasonous rebellion remained US citizens, and no state was ‘readmitted’ into the Union because none had ‘left’ to begin with.
greene is advocating Sedition. Is Garland listening? If the band of nutty congress people took over the US Capitol and called themselves another country, would the DOJ do anything? Or would they take 3 years to investigate?

These people have NO BOUNDS! They think they can say and do whatever they want, because our justice system is a frigin joke.

For starters, ‘secession’ is un-Constitutional; a state cannot unilaterally decide to ‘secede’

WRONG again, Clayhead! If what you claim were actually TRUE, then it would set no lower limit to how low a country can go and the states are just stuck along for the ride, when clearly, the United States are a union of STATES, which by definition means that THEY hold the power except those things they freely choose to give up to a federal authority for the global care OF THOSE COLLECTED STATES. But without the ability to secede, neither the other states nor the federal union have any cause then by which to uphold any given standard in order to justify KEEPING those states!

Therefore, the right of secession is by definition, MANDATORY in order to uphold the high standard by which the USA was intended by the Founders.

Without that right, we are no better than Russia, where no one has the right to secede nor even disagree.

I don't believe a word of that.

I think most people have been longing for a red state/blue state divorce for long time.

We'd have to move south. Wow, there would be a WHOLE lot of moving!
This stupid ass who you defend is not helping herself any

In Greene’s estimation, a so-called national divorce would not bring a civil war but would instead give states more power to govern themselves. Under this system, Greene suggested, red states could temporarily strip Americans who move from blue states of the right to vote and could implement laws to openly discriminate against LGBTQ people.

You libs should be happy about that solution, you'd get your single payer healthcare.

My employer pays most of my healthcare premium for myself and my family. Single payer healthcare is not even on my radar.

I'm still waiting for answers from those who advocate this insanity.

Will democrats be forced to move if they live in a red state? Will republicans be forced to move if they live in a blue state. One person has said that republicans would be able to vote in a blue state, but democrats would not be able to vote in a red state. Which shows the ignorance of some who want this.

If people are forced to move, will the state they are leaving buy their homes and businesses? Or will they lose everything?

So, she wants to divide the US into Red States and Blue States. Well, if that happens, who will pay for the food stamp recipients in Kentucky and Mississippi who depend on tax money from Blue States to survive?

In all reality, she should be expelled from Congress. Before expressing a desire to rip up the U.S. Constitution, she took an oath to support it and defend it.

“I, Marjorie Taylor Greene, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Now she's made herself a domestic enemy. Since she no longer supports and defends the Constitution, she should not be allowed to be a member of that body.

Forum List

Back