marjorie taylor greene wants a "National Divorce"

MTG said:

"We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government. Everyone I talk to says this,” added Greene, who was re-elected to the House last November. “From the sick and disgusting woke culture issues shoved down our throats to the Democrat’s [sic] traitorous America Last policies, we are done.”

Greene, later clarified amid a social media uproar that a “national divorce” doesn’t mean “civil war,” and argued that President Biden is the one leading the country “into WW3."

That makes sense ^^ It seems reasonable! :thup:
fpni4Lq.jpg

I'm still waiting for answers from those who advocate this insanity.

Is it insanity? Or mere impracticability?

For one thing, there is no such thing as a "red" or "blue" state. Historically, all states changed color according to candidate. PA is a blue state that voted for Trump in 2016. In any regard, 80-90% of the state is red all the time, only tiny blue Phili and Pittsburgh are blue, usually just enough to swing it 51% blue. So is it a blue or red state?

And why does anyone have to move unless they want to?

What is insanity is that the left have so politicized things in recent years that they have taken certain states and turned them into always blue states now and BRAG about it and are trying to turn red states blue. To admit that is to admit that elections really are not free nor honest, otherwise, how can you say a state is a certain color even before the candidates are known? You can't. And all these states are so badly falling apart now that people are fleeing to red states.

Then bragging that they are turning them right back into what they fled.

That is your insanity.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Is it insanity? Or mere impracticability?

For one thing, there is no such thing as a "red" or "blue" state. Historically, all states changed color according to candidate. PA is a blue state that voted for Trump in 2016. In any regard, 80-90% of the state is red all the time, only tiny blue Phili and Pittsburgh are blue, usually just enough to swing it 51% blue. So is it a blue or red state?

And why does anyone have to move unless they want to?

What is insanity is that the left have so politicized things in recent years that they have taken certain states and turned them into always blue states now and BRAG about it and are trying to turn red states blue. To admit that is to admit that elections really are not free nor honest, otherwise, how can you say a state is a certain color even before the candidates are known? You can't. And all these states are so badly falling apart now that people are fleeing to red states.

Then bragging that they are turning them right back into what they fled.

That is your insanity.

I'd call it insanity. But yes, it is also impractical.

If no one moves, and everyone can still vote as they choose, what would the divorce do?

So, she wants to divide the US into Red States and Blue States. Well, if that happens, who will pay for the food stamp recipients in Kentucky and Mississippi who depend on tax money from Blue States to survive?

I back one too.
I'll buy her airplane ticket, to any country in the world that will accept her.
Then again.

Alone and Mentally Ill in a Foreign Country

https://www.iss-usa.org › repatriation-case-study-mental...

And now MTG has suggested that people who move from a blue state to a red state should have to wait 5 years to be eligible to vote. But people moving from a red state to a blue state will have no wait to vote.

For starters, ‘secession’ is un-Constitutional; a state cannot unilaterally decide to ‘secede’ absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

And even then it wouldn’t happen as American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them without due process or their consent.

Indeed, no state ‘seceded’ in 1861 – there was no ‘confederacy,’ residents of the states in lawless, treasonous rebellion remained US citizens, and no state was ‘readmitted’ into the Union because none had ‘left’ to begin with.
Hmmmm….that’s not what y’all thought not too long ago…

I'm still waiting for answers from those who advocate this insanity.

Will democrats be forced to move if they live in a red state? Will republicans be forced to move if they live in a blue state. One person has said that republicans would be able to vote in a blue state, but democrats would not be able to vote in a red state. Which shows the ignorance of some who want this.

If people are forced to move, will the state they are leaving buy their homes and businesses? Or will they lose everything?
You really cannot take seriously anything Margie Taylor greene says. She is an embarrassment to humanity.

It's funny to see the same folks who try to claim "The Democrats were the racists and the Republicans freed the slaves" -- using the same rhetoric that those "racist Democrats" did back then.....

Majorie Greene using the term "national divorce" isn't new...Conservatives have been using that term for well over 160 years......here is the first time that term was used.....

FpiRetHXwAI2216.jpeg

This was written by one of the most famous white supremacists of his time, Howell Cobb...who is he? Well, with Marjorie being from Georgia, it may be interesting to know that the Cobb family name is big in Georgia....Cobb county, Georgia ring a bell??

Anyhoo, Old Howie was pissed after the south lost the Civil War...he hated Reconstruction and really hated the 14th amendment...Oh yea, Howie Cobb had a sister......she decided it would be a good idea to start an all girls school.....what was the purpose of that school?? Glad you asked...

FphtJcbX0AI_cKg.jpeg

By the way, that work Howie Cobb's sister started....guess who later decided to pick up that work of teaching kids revisionist history about the Confederacy? Glad you asked....The United Daughters of the Confederacy.....this is why conservatives hate folks learning the real history of this country....because it makes it harder for them to white-wash it...and it makes the rest of us see how today's right-wingers like MTG are using the same exact rhetoric of right-wingers from 150 years ago.....remember that next time one of them tries to gaslight you....

It's funny to see the same folks who try to claim "The Democrats were the racists and the Republicans freed the slaves" -- using the same rhetoric that those "racist Democrats" did back then.....

Majorie Greene using the term "national divorce" isn't new...Conservatives have been using that term for well over 160 years......here is the first time that term was used.....

View attachment 759394

This was written by one of the most famous white supremacists of his time, Howell Cobb...who is he? Well, with Marjorie being from Georgia, it may be interesting to know that the Cobb family name is big in Georgia....Cobb county, Georgia ring a bell??

Anyhoo, Old Howie was pissed after the south lost the Civil War...he hated Reconstruction and really hated the 14th amendment...Oh yea, Howie Cobb had a sister......she decided it would be a good idea to start an all girls school.....what was the purpose of that school?? Glad you asked...

View attachment 759397
By the way, that work Howie Cobb's sister started....guess who later decided to pick up that work of teaching kids revisionist history about the Confederacy? Glad you asked....The United Daughters of the Confederacy.....this is why conservatives hate folks learning the real history of this country....because it makes it harder for them to white-wash it...and it makes the rest of us see how today's right-wingers like MTG are using the same exact rhetoric of right-wingers from 150 years ago.....remember that next time one of them tries to gaslight you....

The parties have switched platforms on racism. The conservative southern Democrats from the 1800's became the conservative southern Republicans of today.

May I point out that this woman, who is advocating a civil war is on the Homeland Security Committee. She gets to see highly classified intel on the people that would be the ones who implement the "divorce" she is speaking of. So Kevin has assigned the Fox to the Hen House?
Confirmed.

THAT'S what they do, have been for decades.

New York does not have the capacity to grow grain that would be needed, darling. Ca. does not have the soil.
More to the point: the water.
The right’s desire to destroy America is of course the ultimate reactionary’s dream – to create a county free from the pesky Bill of Rights, where conservatives are at liberty to express their racism, bigotry, and hate: to reinstate segregation, to discriminate against people of color, to criminalize being gay or transgender, and to end immigration and expel immigrants.
This is a fever dream.
The Christo-fascist right seeks to destroy America to create an authoritarian Christian Republic (see Iran); Christianity would become the official state religion, all other religions and being free from religion would be outlawed, the constitution would be replaced with the bible, and women would be relegated to second-class citizens.
This is also a fever dream.

California is the #1 agricultural state in the nation.
By what measures?
I disagree: impossible. Many of you younger people don't remember when cities used to be used by white people: they lived there, and came in for the shopping (there were no "malls"). I can remember wearing a hat and white gloves to shop at Filene's in Boston. It would be nice to have cities that were habitable again by good people.
I have bad news, then. You might be getting old. So am I. :omg:

Wait, I can't be getting old! I'm too young to be getting old.
Texas. They're the only red state taking less than they send to Washington. Or course Texas is a hell hole according to my friends who live there.
Yeah, sure it is. If they hate Texas so much, they need to move...try California, Illinois, or New York.

So...if US intel finds that white supremacist are planning an attack in a Blue State, margie can just bury the info and refuse to ask the FBI to act. And Kevin is okay with that?
Would NOT put it past them...................January 6th?

Forum List

Back