Mark Wahlberg just gained my respect

I'm not a movie fanboi but Wahlberg got my respect when he did the "Lone Survivor" movie. The true story of our troops getting hammered in Afghan, the SEAL rescue and Marcus Luttrel. They decided to make it as authentic as possible and not Hollywood it up. To insure it they had 3 to 6 SEALs on the set at all times that could call time out if they weren't getting something right.

All these precious rich children have their own special political views.

No big surprise there.

damn good thing Trump was only a piece of shit, and not a celebrity ....

:lmao:

Mark Wahlberg: Celebs should not talk politics

Now will some tell the rest of hollywierd to shut the fuck up?!?!
Including Clint Eastwood?
. All of them.... Let their charities do their talking, and how about they go back to enjoying their celebrity lives already. Let their works do their talking for them, that is the best way. The kinds of films they make or the acting jobs they take says it all. Then let us decide with our wallets finally. No taxpayer funding for anything Hollywood.

They once asked the greatest actor of my time why he never commented publicly on politics.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he knew no more about than a day laborer...maybe less.

Paul Newman. As Luke, once ate 50 eggs, and said....appropriate for this board:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Last edited:
They once asked the greatest actor of my time why he never commented publicly on politics.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he know no more about a day laborer...maybe less.

It was not cool hand Luke (Paul Newman) who made that comment.

It was the captain.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he know no more about a day laborer...maybe less.

It was not cool hand Luke (Paul Newman) who made that comment.

It was the captain.

_________

Strother Martin (another great one) said it first.

But, at the end of the movie, Luke knew they meant to kill him, even though they were saying they would just take him back to prison....so he said it too...to mock Strother....right before they shot him.

Paul Newman and Strother Martin worked together in another great one: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.

Forum List

Back