Mark Wahlberg just gained my respect

From last I heard freedom of speech was still a right...
. Yep and freedom to stop their yapping with our wallets at the box office is our right as well. All the built in securities that puts the hollyweirds above the law and any of our tax monies should not be sent to Hollywood for it to then freely & purposely undermine this nation.

Don't judge an actor by his rolls. Wahlberg played an accurate representation of retired SEAL Marcus Luttrell but he also played a renegade former Marine Sniper (loosely based on a novel) where he murders a U.S. Senator at the end and blows up his house. Frankly I don't get what people see in the reality show called "Walbergers" featuring the Wahlberg acting brothers and their mother and other brother who seems to be a loveable little burger flipper.

Don't judge an actor by his rolls. Wahlberg played an accurate representation of retired SEAL Marcus Luttrell but he also played a renegade former Marine Sniper (loosely based on a novel) where he murders a U.S. Senator at the end and blows up his house. Frankly I don't get what people see in the reality show called "Walbergers" featuring the Wahlberg acting brothers and their mother and other brother who seems to be a loveable little burger flipper.
. Of course you have to judge every book/cover/role by it's author, actor or content. The thing people aren't doing these days, is separating reality from fiction.

PEOPLE NOT LIKE ME WHO DON'T SHARE MY VIEWS SHOULDN'T TALK POLITICS!

please!

They once asked the greatest actor of my time why he never commented publicly on politics.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he know no more about a day laborer...maybe less.

Paul Newman. As Luke, once ate 50 eggs, and said....appropriate for this board:

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
It was not cool hand Luke (Paul Newman) who made that comment.

It was the captain.

_________

Strother Martin (another great one) said it first.

But, at the end of the movie, Luke knew they meant to kill him, even though they were saying they would just take him back to prison....so he said it too...to mock Strother....right before they shot him.

Paul Newman and Strother Martin worked together in another great one: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.

Speaking of actors from that movie, I was just watching a biography on George Kennedy who died this year.
George-Kennedy-Dragline-Cool-Hand-Luke.gif

He was great.

See: Theodore Nugent, the pant shatting draft dodger.

I'm sure you know all about shitting your pants, old man.

Teddy does, and wearing said pants for weeks to show up in them to avoid the draft. Quite a guy. Of note? You know you can't even attempt top deny or condone this staunch "conservative" jackass. Oddly, you can't call him out either, for the same behavior the thread is about. Such is the nature of your partisanshithead affliction hon. There is no issue for you, it's just partisanshit.

They once asked the greatest actor of my time why he never commented publicly on politics.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he knew no more about than a day laborer...maybe less.

And in contrast we had a 3rd rate actor as a president, Ron Reagan, who we then fetishized into much more than he ever really was.

See: Theodore Nugent, the pant shatting draft dodger.

I'm sure you know all about shitting your pants, old man.
No. That would be deltex you are thinking of.

The doddering old fool ruins a pair of pants every morning when he forgets to change his overnight diaper.

He'd have to let go of his guns to get that done perhaps. And won't long enough. And if he can wear his own shit for weeks, overnight most likely doesn't phase him.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he knew no more about than a day laborer...maybe less.

:clap:

And in contrast we had a 3rd rate actor as a president, Ron Reagan, who we then fetishized into much more than he ever really was.

I usually ignore really childish and foolish posts like this. I have ignored all of yours because they are all childish & foolish.

But, here you look particularly like an idiot, because it is so far off the Subject as to make you ridiculous, and I want you to know it....further that the gratuitous, out-of-place shot at Reagan is definitely not shared by any but the Marxists and Fools in this Counrty--no fetish involved, plus incorrect psychological term, in any event.

Fuck You.

______

I usually ignore really childish and foolish posts like this. I have ignored all of yours because they are all childish & foolish.

But, here you look particularly like an idiot, because it is so far off the Subject as to make you ridiculous, and I want you to know it....further that the gratuitous, out-of-place shot at Reagan is definitely not shared by any but the Marxists and Fools in this Counrty--no fetish involved, plus incorrect psychological term, in any event.

Fuck You.

______

You're right, you should ignore posts out of your wheelhouse. Like I said, I know the fetishization was very effective on many of you.

Fuck You.

______

Reagan is one of the worst Presidents ever. He destroyed the anti=trust legislation, which set off all of the mergers and acquisitions which created the super corporations, which off-shored your jobs, and sold out your country.

Reagan's tax code has successfully transferred all of the wealth of the nation, 60% of which was distributed among the working class, and the middle class, and transferred all of that wealth to the wealthiest 5%, and they're now bleeding the middle class white as well.

Reagan was a 3rd rate actor and a 4th rate President.

And, he said that his profession (memorizing lines written by others) gave him no more understanding of what was right or wrong in human affairs than anyone else...and as a result, he felt he should not use the massive stage given to him as a movie star to promote things he know no more about a day laborer...maybe less.

It was not cool hand Luke (Paul Newman) who made that comment.

It was the captain.

_________

Strother Martin (another great one) said it first.

But, at the end of the movie, Luke knew they meant to kill him, even though they were saying they would just take him back to prison....so he said it too...to mock Strother....right before they shot him.

Paul Newman and Strother Martin worked together in another great one: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.

Speaking of actors from that movie, I was just watching a biography on George Kennedy who died this year.
George-Kennedy-Dragline-Cool-Hand-Luke.gif

He was great.

Yes, Dragline.....probably George Kennedy's greatest role in a great career. He Newman, & Strother Martin all made it one of the best movies ever. Want to know all the things Carl the Floor Walker said would get you "a night in the Box"? I used to know, too old now.

Fuck You.

______

Reagan is one of the worst Presidents ever. He destroyed the anti=trust legislation, which set off all of the mergers and acquisitions which created the super corporations, which off-shored your jobs, and sold out your country.

Reagan's tax code has successfully transferred all of the wealth of the nation, 60% of which was distributed among the working class, and the middle class, and transferred all of that wealth to the wealthiest 5%, and they're now bleeding the middle class white as well.

Ronald was where the current rerigging of the economy began. You can argue amongst yourselves as to whether his policies contributed, some of you have a diety to defend.

He destroyed the anti=trust legislation, which set off all of the mergers and acquisitions which created the super corporations, which off-shored your jobs, and sold out your country.

But yeah, there it is right there.

Fuck You.

______

The fact that Reagan makes liberals foam over in hate to this day is proof positive he was a great president. So great in fact his policy of reducing regulation and taxes created the biggest economic boom in history, which proved once and for all time that liberals are completely full of shit.

And the dems very much are involved in mega corporations. They were far more supportive of Hillary than Trump, and yet you still are in the dark. You probably always will be.

. That's the way it's supposed to be.... We get who we wanted, and then we demand they work for us. Many elected officials have other thinking sometimes of course, but the way our system of government has been set up keeps them from becoming dictators instead of our representatives. Obama wanted to go around the system on many occasions because he hated our representative government idea at times, because it stopped him from being the dictator he wanted to be.

Forum List

Back