Marriage clerk targeted by gays revolts

That's a false equivalency. You can't 'have someone else's money' because that would be unlawful to just take it, no matter how much you want to.

The 'ban' on same sex marriage has been decided & declared unlawful. So as American citizens, they are being denied their civil rights under the 14th Amendment.

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
14th Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Under that denial, in some states gays cannot make legal, medical, & financial decisions along with or for their partner. Nor can they file taxes together. Nor can they have access to a sick or dying partner if that partner's family says otherwise. Nor can they have the right to refuse to testify against their partner in a court of law. In some states, they cannot 'adopt' their partner's child, even if that child is also biologically theirs.
Homo marriage violates the doctrine of original intent. Gays are allowed to marry as straights are allowed -- to the opposite sex. It has been since our founding as everyone knows damn well. No gay is discriminated against. You liberals can use that amendment to justify fathers marrying their daughters. Pediphiles to have sex with babies. You marrying your goat. Laugh all you want but this decision has opened up a slippery slope that a majority of decent Americans find disturbing. We won't be silenced! We'll show you for who you really are until enough people finally wake up to this perverted agenda hell bent to destroy our society and put a stop to it.

Our founding fathers not only thought that blacks were only 3/5 of a person - they owned them as property. Sometimes, they were just plain wrong, however much you want to spew your hatred... the times they are a changin'.

NEENER NEENER.

I've never understood the idea that the founding fathers were beyond reproach in the creation of the Constitution. The document was a deeply flawed compromise born on the necessity that motivated its creation. It had huge problems, but was the best they could do at the time.

We've improved upon their work.
They should be ashamed of themselves. Because they kicked the can down the road on slavery because of political expedience, the fledgling nation they created almost ripped itself apart and killed hundreds of thousands. A document that didn't extend freedom to all people is deeply flawed.

I think they did what they could. Remember, the viability of the US as a nation was very much in doubt at the time. With the British more than happy to exploit any perceived weakness to take back the territory they lost in the revolutionary war. There were issues of rebellions, riots, and inter state bickering that were genuinely threatening our nation's existence. Many of the founding fathers expected the American experiment to collapse in their lifetimes.

Faced with these realities, I can understand why they focused on practical issues rather than more ideological ones.
They didn't even try to address the issue and it nearly tore the country apart. Political cowardice often leads to bloody wars. But I was agreeing with you that the Constitution in its nascent form was woefully inadequate in protecting everyone's rights.

I guess I'm looking at this going... If you're a Christian Doctor, you don't become an abortionist.

Retire if it's "against your religion" to do the job.
I don't agree with her.... But these folks can go to another county and get a license. She just feels she's going to hell if she gives them the right to do what she feels is a sin.

that isn't how the law works. what if she refused to give you a gun license because she's morally opposed?

i'm pretty sure you'd be in meltdown.

the court told her to do her job. that's it. end of story.

As a matter of fact....changes in regulations made it impossible for my wife to get a gun. I didn't melt down. I found out what I needed to do to get her qualified and got it done. No need for raising hell.

I guess I'm looking at this going... If you're a Christian Doctor, you don't become an abortionist.

I don't agree with her.... But these folks can go to another county and get a license. She just feels she's going to hell if she gives them the right to do what she feels is a sin.

that isn't how the law works. what if she refused to give you a gun license because she's morally opposed?

History is rarely made by well behaved women. Remember when you feminazi types used to say that?

As a matter of fact....changes in regulations made it impossible for my wife to get a gun. I didn't melt down. I found out what I needed to do to get her qualified and got it done. No need for raising hell.

we are not talking about "changes in regulations" which are a change in law.

we are talking about one little wacko violating the law for her own selfish reasons.

she needs to resign if she can't do her job which is to license people permitted licenses pursuant to the law.

I can certainly respect that sentiment. Resignation would be reasonable. Perhaps taking her name off of the certificates and allowing someone else in her office to issue them

But I've heard her rants. There's an awful lot of politics in her position as well. I suspect that a portion of this is grandstanding for attention.

A portion?!? She's being egged on by the liberty council.

A portion. Some of her rhetoric is religious. Some of it poltical. With her decrying issues of State sovereignty and Federal power. Which kinda takes the shine off the 'God's Authority' angle.

Her multiple divorces takes care of her 'God's Authority' angle.

I can certainly respect that sentiment. Resignation would be reasonable. Perhaps taking her name off of the certificates and allowing someone else in her office to issue them

But I've heard her rants. There's an awful lot of politics in her position as well. I suspect that a portion of this is grandstanding for attention.

yup.

and then they'll raise a ton of money for the witch. and she'll live off of this for the rest of her life because rightwngnut wackos will support her.

I find it amusing that someone married 4 times is whining about the santity of marriage.

jesus would hate her.

I don't agree with her. I don't see the harm in giving them the right to marry. But I support her religious convictions.

Go somewhere else. It's just a piece of paper.

Besides, the witch is doing them a favor by saving them from a nasty divorce.

Homo marriage violates the doctrine of original intent. Gays are allowed to marry as straights are allowed -- to the opposite sex. It has been since our founding as everyone knows damn well. No gay is discriminated against. You liberals can use that amendment to justify fathers marrying their daughters. Pediphiles to have sex with babies. You marrying your goat. Laugh all you want but this decision has opened up a slippery slope that a majority of decent Americans find disturbing. We won't be silenced! We'll show you for who you really are until enough people finally wake up to this perverted agenda hell bent to destroy our society and put a stop to it.

Our founding fathers not only thought that blacks were only 3/5 of a person - they owned them as property. Sometimes, they were just plain wrong, however much you want to spew your hatred... the times they are a changin'.

NEENER NEENER.

I've never understood the idea that the founding fathers were beyond reproach in the creation of the Constitution. The document was a deeply flawed compromise born on the necessity that motivated its creation. It had huge problems, but was the best they could do at the time.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Because they kicked the can down the road on slavery because of political expedience, the fledgling nation they created almost ripped itself apart and killed hundreds of thousands. A document that didn't extend freedom to all people is deeply flawed.

I think they did what they could. Remember, the viability of the US as a nation was very much in doubt at the time. With the British more than happy to exploit any perceived weakness to take back the territory they lost in the revolutionary war. There were issues of rebellions, riots, and inter state bickering that were genuinely threatening our nation's existence. Many of the founding fathers expected the American experiment to collapse in their lifetimes.

Faced with these realities, I can understand why they focused on practical issues rather than more ideological ones.
They didn't even try to address the issue and it nearly tore the country apart. Political cowardice often leads to bloody wars. But I was agreeing with you that the Constitution in its nascent form was woefully inadequate in protecting everyone's rights.
The issue was an obvious deal breaker during the age. There is no way that any semblance of national unity could be formed and slavery abolished in the 1780s. Even those founders that strongly supported a more centralized government while opposing slavery in principle didn't touch this political third rail.

In every real sense, there was no viable way to get both a nation that included the 13 colonies AND abolish slavery. With Britian circling in the waters like a hungry shark, any reduction in size would have been seen as weakness. If not for the majority body, at least for the minority.

They doubled down on national viability rather than purity of principle. Had they not, in all likelyhood the US would have failed as a nation.

yup.

and then they'll raise a ton of money for the witch. and she'll live off of this for the rest of her life because rightwngnut wackos will support her.

I find it amusing that someone married 4 times is whining about the santity of marriage.

jesus would hate her.

I don't agree with her. I don't see the harm in giving them the right to marry. But I support her religious convictions.

no. the law keeps bigots from discriminating against them. you can't force someone to forego their constitutional rights because you're a hate-filled wacko.

if a muslim or orthodox jew can't handle pork products, they can't work selling pork.

simple enough for you?

yup.

jesus would hate her.

It isn't a piece of paper for the Gaysteppo, it's submission pure and simple. Every knee shall bow.

A portion. Some of her rhetoric is religious. Some of it poltical. With her decrying issues of State sovereignty and Federal power. Which kinda takes the shine off the 'God's Authority' angle.

Her multiple divorces takes care of her 'God's Authority' angle.

My wife has been married 4 times. Every one of them she found out was a wife-beater......except me.

She still believes strongly in God.

Not the same. Fail.

yup.

jesus would hate her.

no. the law keeps bigots from discriminating against them. you can't force someone to forego their constitutional rights because you're a hate-filled wacko.

if a muslim or orthodox jew can't handle pork products, they can't work selling pork.

simple enough for you?

It's not that simple....

Not the same. Fail.
I didn't forward the scenario.......

yup.

jesus would hate her.

simple enough for you?

It's not that simple....

yes. it is.

yup.

jesus would hate her.

Saying "go somewhere else" is fine when it's a private business, not a public official.

This is what happens when we elect a president that seats activist judges that rule from the bench. I figure eventually acceptance will creep in and this stuff will quit happening. But for now, expect some pushback.​

Tough to be her, I agree. She can resign or pay the dues.

yup.

jesus would hate her.

Saying "go somewhere else" is fine when it's a private business, not a public official.

Well, if you love causing even more hatred then drive on. I'd rather everyone get along. But you get a church lady asshole bumping heads with a bunch of gay activists, shit happens. I think both should chill the fuck out.

NEENER NEENER.

The issue was an obvious deal breaker during the age. There is no way that any semblance of national unity could be formed and slavery abolished in the 1780s. Even those founders that strongly supported a more centralized government while opposing slavery in principle didn't touch this political third rail.

In every real sense, there was no viable way to get both a nation that included the 13 colonies AND abolish slavery. With Britian circling in the waters like a hungry shark, any reduction in size would have been seen as weakness. If not for the majority body, at least for the minority.

They doubled down on national viability rather than purity of principle. Had they not, in all likelyhood the US would have failed as a nation.
Looking through the prism of history, it's not easy to see that slavery had yet to become an entrenched part of the economy for all states in the 18th century. Yes it would have been difficult, but much less so before it grew into an issue that would lead inevitably to secession. My point is, they didn't even try. And let's face it, it's because they didn't want to.

My angle is a little different here. The 13% black population in this country today and all the problems we're dealing with today because of it is because slavery became an industry with demand from southern states being accommodated by northern states bringing in hordes of them by ship. Had Lincoln's wishes prevailed, we would have shipped every one of them back and become a better, stronger nation because of it. Wise man, that Lincoln. I see why you guys love him so much.

NEENER NEENER.

Oh, yes they did try to address it. Fugitive slave laws, representation numbers, etc, all of sorts of things pertaining to slavery and its extinction were discussed.

They got the best deal they could.

Forum List

Back