Marriage Matters: Consequences of Redefining Marriage

I love the way gays always use cooked-up "scientific" studies to further their cause.

You mean you love how "the gheys" have actual scientific and peer reviewed studies, the AAP, AMA & APA to back us up and you have NARTH. :lol:

There are no reliable studies. Upon examination they have small samples and often are self reported. So much for reliable.

Right..that's why the AMA, APA and AAP all support gay parenting AND gay marriage, because there have been no studies. :lol:

You are going to be so bitter in a few years...

what's next for gays with marriage bennies......medical care for the inability to conceive....?

Obastardcare will probably cover it....

so what's next....designer babies....?

and you idiots think 'gay marriage' won't cause societal problems....:eusa_liar:

'gay marriage' is just one step forward in the godless Secular agenda...

Do heterosexuals get infertility treatments covered under their health care?

Are gays infertile?

Individual gays are probably infertile in similar statistical numbers as individual heterosexuals.

So, the vast majority of individual homosexuals are not infertile. Men have active sperm and women produce viable eggs.

>>>>

Last edited:
If the argument against marriage equality is for procreation, why allow the elderly or folks without functioning reproductive systems marry? Why allow prisoners to marry? What about couple who decide not to have children? Should they be permitted to marry?

If the argument is a homosexual marriage is unnatural and therefore should be banned, what about children conceive in vitro? Certainly that is an unnatural means of conception. Should in vitro fertilization be banned because it too is unnatural?

If the argument against marriage equality is that such marriages would redefine the word "marriage", what real harm would come to heterosexual marriages? Would that redefinition render all other marriages void? Would a same sex couple present a genuine threat to the institution of marriage?

What does more harm to the institution of marriage: marriage equality or no fault divorce?

If indeed marriage is a stabilizing institution in society, wouldn't the benefits of that stabilization also work for same sex couples? Doesn't marriage make those in that contract more responsible?

If there is a good argument against marriage equality, I've yet to hear it.

You mean you love how "the gheys" have actual scientific and peer reviewed studies, the AAP, AMA & APA to back us up and you have NARTH. :lol:

There are no reliable studies. Upon examination they have small samples and often are self reported. So much for reliable.

Right..that's why the AMA, APA and AAP all support gay parenting AND gay marriage, because there have been no studies. :lol:

I never said there were no studies. Man, this has really unhinged you, hasn't it? It's like someone is questioning your whole right to exist. Of course it is no such thing. It's the 21st Century. No one cares if you like to munch carpets. Of course we don't need to hear about it, or pay for it, either.

If the argument against marriage equality is for procreation, why allow the elderly or folks without functioning reproductive systems marry? Why allow prisoners to marry? What about couple who decide not to have children? Should they be permitted to marry?

If the argument is a homosexual marriage is unnatural and therefore should be banned, what about children conceive in vitro? Certainly that is an unnatural means of conception. Should in vitro fertilization be banned because it too is unnatural?

If the argument against marriage equality is that such marriages would redefine the word "marriage", what real harm would come to heterosexual marriages? Would that redefinition render all other marriages void? Would a same sex couple present a genuine threat to the institution of marriage?

What does more harm to the institution of marriage: marriage equality or no fault divorce?

If indeed marriage is a stabilizing institution in society, wouldn't the benefits of that stabilization also work for same sex couples? Doesn't marriage make those in that contract more responsible?

That's a fallacy that "ability to procreate=ability to marry". It is either a deliberate distortion to reduce the argument ad absurdam or it is the product of abject stupidity. In your case possibly both.

The state sanctions marriage because marriage tends to produce stable families with children and is the best vehicle to do so. The fact that some of those marriages will not produce the desired outcome is irrelevant.

That's a fallacy that "ability to procreate=ability to marry". It is either a deliberate distortion to reduce the argument ad absurdam or it is the product of abject stupidity. In your case possibly both.

The state sanctions marriage because marriage tends to produce stable families with children and is the best vehicle to do so. The fact that some of those marriages will not produce the desired outcome is irrelevant.

50% of marriages fail. Please try again.

I love the way gays always use cooked-up "scientific" studies to further their cause.

I love the guy on the left in a skirt, Rabbi.

50% of marriages fail. Please try again.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Actually only irrelevance and stupidity seem to be your strong suit here.

I didn't say 'ability' as in your stab at logic: ability to procreate=ability to marry. I said if the argument against marriage equality is procreation, why allow those who do not desire to or have the ability to procreate marriage. Children can come into a marriage by procreation or adoption. As the Right abhors abortion, and this anti abortion policy would indeed produce more unwanted children eligible for adoption, wouldn't a stable married couple, same sex or not, be the best venue for these unwanted children?

I never said there were no studies. Man, this has really unhinged you, hasn't it? It's like someone is questioning your whole right to exist. Of course it is no such thing. It's the 21st Century. No one cares if you like to munch carpets. Of course we don't need to hear about it, or pay for it, either.

:lol: I'm not the one on the wrong side of history and who is losing in this issue, you are.

I didn't say 'ability' as in your stab at logic: ability to procreate=ability to marry. I said if the argument against marriage equality is procreation, why allow those who do not desire to or have the ability to procreate marriage. Children can come into a marriage by procreation or adoption. As the Right abhors abortion, and this anti abortion policy would indeed produce more unwanted children eligible for adoption, wouldn't a stable married couple, same sex or not, be the best venue for these unwanted children?

Againm you cannot always determine in advance who will or will not have children. But generally speaking heterosexual partnerships will produce strong families with children. And we are concerned only with the general. That some people won't for whatever reason is irrelevant.

:lol: I'm not the one on the wrong side of history and who is losing in this issue, you are.

Translation: You are right and I am losing this argument.

Awfully good of you to admit you're wrong!

Um, actually you are on the wrong side of history.... :cuckoo:

"But up until the year 2000, no political community on the face of earth had ever defined marriage as anything other than a male-female relationship. I think there are good reasons for that" - Ryan Anderson, Heritage Foundation

Video: Heritage?s Ryan Anderson Debates Marriage with Piers Morgan and Suze Orman | myHeritage

"But up until the year 2000, no political community on the face of earth had ever defined marriage as anything other than a male-female relationship. I think there are good reasons for that" - Ryan Anderson, Heritage Foundation

Video: Heritage?s Ryan Anderson Debates Marriage with Piers Morgan and Suze Orman | myHeritage

the conservatives should certainly stick with their current position then. Which btw was not the position of Goldwater.

Welcome to the 21st century

Awfully good of you to admit you're wrong!

I know the left prefers to be snarky, smug, and angry (because being on the wrong side of facts causes frustration) - but do you think for just once we could have a civilized and honest conversation?

All of you liberals have screamed for years "get government out of my bedroom" - but then you turn around and demand that government climb into bed with you and demand that they recognize the relationship between you and your partner :cuckoo:. How does that make any sense?

Furthermore, please explain to me how this is anything more than your side looking to fuck they system for all it is worth? I'm married - and if the government had decided that they didn't want to recognize my marriage to my wife, I would have been thrilled with that. My love for my wife was not contingent upon Uncle Sam acknowledging our relationship. Had they said we could not get married, I would have saved the money on the marriage license, and then went and had a ceremony with my wife anyway. And we - along with all of our family & friends - would recognize our relationship, government be damned.

The fact that the gay community won't do that is glaring evidence of their motive. It's not about their relationship - it's about trying to work the system for as much perks, benefits, and money as they can.

Welcome to the 21st century

And that means what?

"Lets legalize rape - welcome to the 21st century" :lmao:

Yeah, go with that...I'll go with this.

fivethirtyeight-0326-marriage2-blog480.png

Don't worry...you'll still have a hose to keep those kids of gays off your lawn.

Forum List

Back