Maryland trio set free after being wrongfully jailed for 36 years

It's unfortunate that sometimes an innocent person gets executed. But the vast majority are guilty of horrible murders and need to pay the ultimate penalty. ... :cool:

So it is just unfortunate if an innocent person is executed, smfh.

Share with us all, specifically who has been executed, in modern times, and after the execution was proven innocent.

If a person has been executed, then (wait for it) courts will no longer hear appeals.

Off the top of my head, Cameron Todd Willingham was executed for a murder that never happened.

The FBI knowingly and deliberately framed four people for a murder and put two of them on death row to protect one of their stool pigeons. The only reason none of them were executed was the Supreme Court stopping executions in 1972.

Falsely convicted US trio freed after 36 years

That's a long, long time.

The article lists several miscarriages of justice like this, mainly against black men, and I think is a strong
argument against the death penalty.

Basically, the police lie and the evidence put before the courts cannot be trusted. How many innocent folk have been executed on the whim of dishonest policemen ?

Mistakes are sometimes made.

I don't know if these 3 characters were "falsely convicted" or not, just that a liberal DA in Baltimore says they were.

But to attribute it to "dishonest police" without naming the supposed lying detectives is bullshit as it doesn't give the men an opportunity to defend themselves. There is a real good chance that the detectives involved in this case are (1) deceased (2) senile or (3) retired and playing bocce in The Villages.

"detectives targeted the three men, all 16-year-old black boys, using coaching and coercion of other teenage witnesses to make their case".

And what do the detectives say about this? Do they see their actions as "dishonest"? Have they been fired or had their pensions lifted"

Just making an allegation isn't the same as actually proving the "Dishonesty" that was mentioned in the OP.
That long ago, I expect the detectives in question are dead.

Then it would be really disgraceful to talk ill of the dead. If I was the heir to the detectives, I'd demand proof.

If a person has been executed, then (wait for it) courts will no longer hear appeals.

Off the top of my head, Cameron Todd Willingham was executed for a murder that never happened.

The FBI knowingly and deliberately framed four people for a murder and put two of them on death row to protect one of their stool pigeons. The only reason none of them were executed was the Supreme Court stopping executions in 1972.

Investigations can and do continue after executions.

Cameron Todd Willingham was not executed for A MURDER, he burned his three children alive in a fire he set.

Specifically, who were the four people that the FBI deliberately framed for murder.

Thus far, you have zero!

Investigations can and do continue after executions.

Cameron Todd Willingham was not executed for A MURDER, he burned his three children alive in a fire he set.

Specifically, who were the four people that the FBI deliberately framed for murder.

Thus far, you have zero!

Willingham set no fire. The arson investigator was either bent or incompetent. When an ACTUAL arson investigator reviewed the case, it was clear: the fire was accidental.

I was wrong, it was actually SIX men framed by the FBI: Louis Greco, Peter Limone, Enrico Tameleo, Wilfred Roy French, Ronald Cassesso and Joseph Salvati-French and Salvati as accessories, the other 4 for the murder of Edward Deegan. For years, the Boston FBI office was run as an extension of the Winter Hill Gang. Tameleo and Greco died in prison.

Forum List

Back