Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

☭proletarian☭;1815364 said:
☭proletarian☭;1814816 said:
Revelation 22:16,
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

2 Peter 1:19,
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Recall from Isaiah 14 that the Morning Star is Lucifer

The term "morning star" comes from the idea that it is a star that is SO bright that it can still be seen in the morning (even with the sun's light coming out).

The Morning Star is Venus, the brightest 'star' (the Jews didn't know other planets existed) very low in the sky (fallen and the brightest- the story of Lucifer, son of the morning, God's favorite angel, the most beautiful creation- which fell)

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

translated to lucifer, meaning The Light Bearer,

MAtthew 19:16 shows that Jesus isn't entirely good, Revelation 5 depicts Jesus with horns (symbolism used for Satan), Jesus breaks numerous OT laws, and Jesus sought to make himself God- just as Isaiah says Lucifer intends to do.

Source.

Now the school is saying it never happened...they don't even know that if he drew it in school and that it has his name one it......how is his name on the picture an indication of himself? When I was in school we always had to write our names on our papers...hmmm, another reason to believe it really was done at school.....

IMO, the school acted inappropriately and now that they are called on it, they have changed their story. Considering my experiences with our public schools I will always tend to believe the parents over the schools, everytime.

The original story clearly related that the teacher only acted after he asked the child about the picture, and the child told the teacher that it was himself on the cross.

It had nothing to do with the child signing his name to the paper.

The school is now saying the original story never happened.

I had read somewhere that they were now saying that it wasn't the picture the father released to the press that supposedly caused the incident. Yet, they haven't produced any other pictures or reasons for the incident. So, now it didn't happen at all? The school sounds like it needs to get it's story straight. :lol:

☭proletarian☭;1815769 said:
☭proletarian☭;1815714 said:
Question: Why would God let something as simple as translators fuck up his Word if he's not willing that people be misled and go to Hell?

I don't know. Is it important that you know why?

I don't believe anyone would be sent to hell for misunderstanding a passage.

Even though they go to hell for never hearing about god, since they didn't accept Jesus in their lifetime?

It's very poorly thought-out fiction, it is.

That's not how it happens, and if you read and understood the Bible, you would know that. All you want to do is show disdain and disrespect for something that other people hold to be sacred by purposely misconstruing. Why do you feel the need to disrespect people and insinuate they are fools because they don't believe or not believe what you do? As I said earlier, major character flaw, your insecurities are showing.

☭proletarian☭;1815711 said:
I find mythology amusing. If we had more threads about the Greek and Egyptian pantheons, it would be entertaining.

I'm just beginning my readings on such.....in a month or two, if you are still around, I may be able to discuss such...

and from what i have read so far, some of the similarities are interesting...but unlike you, I do not believe it makes Christianity a sham or Judaism a sham, or any of the religions or mythology previous to those 2 a sham.... just something that we may not fully understand, unless we freely open our minds up to be given the knowledge, the revelation, to understand it.... and how it all fits in to the whole picture of mankind and its relationship to God.

I wouldn't bother Care, he doesn't want to 'discuss' anything, he only wants to tear down, disrespect, and disdain what he doesn't understand. I give you kudos for trying however. :lol:

The original story clearly related that the teacher only acted after he asked the child about the picture, and the child told the teacher that it was himself on the cross.

It had nothing to do with the child signing his name to the paper.

I had read somewhere that they were now saying that it wasn't the picture the father released to the press that supposedly caused the incident. Yet, they haven't produced any other pictures or reasons for the incident. So, now it didn't happen at all? The school sounds like it needs to get it's story straight. :lol:
You're not going to see the school produce a picture. Privacy rights.

You know that.

You know that.

Isn't that convenient for them?

You know that.

The law?

Yes. To me it is more convenient for this foul mouthed father to do and say as he pleases while the school is restricted by what they can say.

This guy is a scammer and is using religion and race to bring poor victimized lil conservatives to his side and cheer him on. You're doing a good job of that.

The parents of a Taunton 8-year-old who was removed from class after drawing a stick-figure crucifix skipped a scheduled meeting yesterday with school officials, and are considering filing a lawsuit.

Chester Johnson said his lawyer didn’t want him and his girlfriend, Melissa Cromwell, to attend today’s session with Taunton Schools Superintendent Julie Hackett.

“They don’t know who they (expletive) with,” he said. “They made a mistake and now Jesus is going to make them pay for it.”

Parents shun school officials - BostonHerald.com

:cuckoo:
This has bullshit written all over it

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Jehovah's Witnesses? They are known for that, and their doctrine differs significantly from most mainstream christian churches. Who else? What other christian church?

We used to get the JW here all the time. My wife, (god bless her), is too polite and nice for her own good sometimes, and would listen to their bullshit, take the pamphlet and thank them. I met them at the door once about 10yrs ago and fucked with them enough that they haven't been back. My wife was a little pissed with me at the time for being so ignorant to them, but they haven't been back, and I haven't had to listen to her bitch about the visits, so it was worth it.

You know that.

The law?

Yes. To me it is more convenient for this foul mouthed father to do and say as he pleases while the school is restricted by what they can say.

This guy is a scammer and is using religion and race to bring poor victimized lil conservatives to his side and cheer him on. You're doing a good job of that.

Why has the school changed their version of the story numerous times now? I'm not cheering anyone on, since no one really knows what happened on either side here. Why are you cheering the school on after they've changed their tune three times now?

The parents of a Taunton 8-year-old who was removed from class after drawing a stick-figure crucifix skipped a scheduled meeting yesterday with school officials, and are considering filing a lawsuit.

Chester Johnson said his lawyer didn’t want him and his girlfriend, Melissa Cromwell, to attend today’s session with Taunton Schools Superintendent Julie Hackett.

“They don’t know who they (expletive) with,” he said. “They made a mistake and now Jesus is going to make them pay for it.”

This has bullshit written all over it

The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Jehovah's Witnesses? They are known for that, and their doctrine differs significantly from most mainstream christian churches. Who else? What other christian church?

We used to get the JW here all the time. My wife, (god bless her), is too polite and nice for her own good sometimes, and would listen to their bullshit, take the pamphlet and thank them. I met them at the door once about 10yrs ago and fucked with them enough that they haven't been back. My wife was a little pissed with me at the time for being so ignorant to them, but they haven't been back, and I haven't had to listen to her bitch about the visits, so it was worth it.

I've had maybe one or two visit over the last ten to fifteen years, and I just simply don't answer the door. My point is that this isn't mainstream Christian America coming out by the millions to force their religious views on everyone else in their own homes, which is what is being implied here by some.

The law?

Why has the school changed their version of the story numerous times now? I'm not cheering anyone on, since no one really knows what happened on either side here. Why are you cheering the school on after they've changed their tune three times now?

the school hasn't changed their story at all. they've simply said the father lied, and given their version of what happened.

i believe the school.

The law?

Where have they changed their story?

The only question now is how much the settlement will be. I'm guessing 6 figures, but we'll probably never know the exact figure.

The only question now is how much the settlement will be. I'm guessing 6 figures, but we'll probably never know the exact figure.
Ain't gonna happen. No settlement.

Watch.

The law?

the school hasn't changed their story at all. they've simply said the father lied, and given their version of what happened.

i believe the school.

I've read about them defending their actions and speaking about the picture that was released to the press, then a little while later I read that they denied that it was the picture that was released by the press that was at issue, and now they're saying there wasn't any issue at all. So, who knows?

Maybe it's the media that's at fault here, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. And there's a poor boy that is stuck in the middle of it all, that's the real shame.

Ain't gonna happen. No settlement.

Watch.

It's a black family. It'll happen. Watch. :)

And there's a poor boy that is stuck in the middle of it all, that's the real shame.

That's something we can agree on.

I'll agree with you that the father is clearly out to make a buck here, that was obvious as soon as he screamed 'racism', but I don't think the school is completely in the clear here either.

i believe the school.

I've read about them defending their actions and speaking about the picture that was released to the press, then a little while later I read that they denied that it was the picture that was released by the press that was at issue, and now they're saying there wasn't any issue at all. So, who knows?

Maybe it's the media that's at fault here, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. And there's a poor boy that is stuck in the middle of it all, that's the real shame.

where are they saying it wasn't an issue? i suppose it wouldn't be if the kid's father wasn't a moneygrubbing yahoo, but that's beside the point. the school has consistently said that the picture the father released to the press wasn't the picture in question.

WBZ-TV Video Archive - wbztv.com

i believe the school.

where are they saying it wasn't an issue? i suppose it wouldn't be if the kid's father wasn't a moneygrubbing yahoo, but that's beside the point. the school has consistently said that the picture the father released to the press wasn't the picture in question.

WBZ-TV Video Archive - wbztv.com

Well, that's not what I saw the day the story first broke, why all of the teacher's comments about that particular picture then? All you have to do is go back through this thread where comments were made in regard to the teacher saying that the boy told her it was him on the cross, that she was disturbed that the boy put in an 'X' for the eyes, etc.. Where did all of that come from then, if that was not the picture in question?

Forum List

Back