Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

☭proletarian☭;1815714 said:
Question: Why would God let something as simple as translators fuck up his Word if he's not willing that people be misled and go to Hell?

I don't know. Is it important that you know why?

I don't believe anyone would be sent to hell for misunderstanding a passage.

Question: Why would God let something as simple as translators fuck up his Word if he's not willing that people be misled and go to Hell?

Hard to say---I'm gonig to have to submit that one to the judges.:tongue:

Even though they go to hell for never hearing about god, since they didn't accept Jesus in their lifetime?

It's very poorly thought-out fiction, it is.

☭proletarian☭;1815769 said:

Even though they go to hell for never hearing about god, since they didn't accept Jesus in their lifetime?

oh please--it's a on going story---unfolding----you gotta wait for the ending

☭proletarian☭;1815769 said:

perhaps you'd like to work on it a bit, and get back to us?

Are you alleging that one of the Thunder Judgments will somehow save all those who died without being conquered and having a missionary sent over- or the stillborn children?

☭proletarian☭;1815711 said:
I find mythology amusing. If we had more threads about the Greek and Egyptian pantheons, it would be entertaining.

I'm just beginning my readings on such.....in a month or two, if you are still around, I may be able to discuss such...

and from what i have read so far, some of the similarities are interesting...but unlike you, I do not believe it makes Christianity a sham or Judaism a sham, or any of the religions or mythology previous to those 2 a sham.... just something that we may not fully understand, unless we freely open our minds up to be given the knowledge, the revelation, to understand it.... and how it all fits in to the whole picture of mankind and its relationship to God.

☭proletarian☭;1815783 said:
Are you alleging that one of the Thunder Judgments will somehow save all those who died without being conquered and having a missionary sent over- or the stillborn children?

oh ya----it's a great mystery--anything can happen when you're dealing with omnipotent dieties.

There's a big difference between an open mind and letting your brain fall out of your head to never be used again.

You simply assume that the Abrahamic god is real and that religions predating Judaism must somehow be construed as relating to it. The wise person sees how older beliefs and myths evolved to give birth to Abrahamism and other religions. Are you familiar with the Law of Three Stages described by Conte? It's a bit simplistic, but still describes the general trend fairly well.

oh ya----it's a great mystery--anything can happen when you're dealing with omnipotent dieties.

Shame we're not.

BTW, I thought Abrahamists only thought there was ONE omnipotent deity?

☭proletarian☭;1815805 said:

Shame we're not.

BTW, I thought Abrahamists only thought there was ONE omnipotent deity?

I wasn't a big fan of Lincoln.

I have...on the average of one or two a month.

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

We used to get them (and some other denomination...can't recall which*) pretty regularly, until the little ol' lady two doors down ran 'em off with her late husband's service revolver :lol:

(*ETA: daughter says they're mormons; I've never answered the door for them lol)

Last edited:
The parents of a Taunton 8-year-old who was removed from class after drawing a stick-figure crucifix skipped a scheduled meeting yesterday with school officials, and are considering filing a lawsuit.

Chester Johnson said his lawyer didn’t want him and his girlfriend, Melissa Cromwell, to attend today’s session with Taunton Schools Superintendent Julie Hackett.

“They don’t know who they (expletive) with,” he said. “They made a mistake and now Jesus is going to make them pay for it.”

Parents shun school officials - BostonHerald.com

:cuckoo:

I have...on the average of one or two a month.

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Jehovah's Witnesses? They are known for that, and their doctrine differs significantly from most mainstream christian churches. Who else? What other christian church?

Yeah, I guess you're in that 1% of Americans that may have had someone come to your door to try to convert you. I know of no church in my area that does anything like that, ever. I've heard of Jehovah's Witnesses doing it, but that's it.
I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

Yeah, those are great examples of mainstream conservative christians in this country that are Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, etc...

Why is it that I am a christian, and I've never knocked on anyone's door or walked up to anyone in a public place and tried to 'convert' them? Why is it that practically everyone I know, both friends and relatives, that are christians have never knocked on anyone's door or actively pursued anyone to 'convert'? Why doesn't my church have any such program that sends people out to randomly knock on doors and try to recruit 'converts'? Has anyone on this board, who is a christian, been sent out by their church or other christian organization to randomly knock on doors and try to convert people?

My point is that there is only a very small percentage of christian organizations and/or churches that go out and randomly knock on doors or go to public places to try to convert people. You are being completely dishonest in trying to imply that it happens 'all over the place' by a 'majority of christians', that is simply a lie.

Forum List

Back