Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

I have...on the average of one or two a month.

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Yeah, I guess you're in that 1% of Americans that may have had someone come to your door to try to convert you. I know of no church in my area that does anything like that, ever. I've heard of Jehovah's Witnesses doing it, but that's it.
I get the Mormons too. I've had to change places on buses to get away from people trying convert me to sects I didn't stick around long enough to catch the name of.

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Mass. 2nd-grader sent home for crucifix drawing

Were you listening to the radio this morning Del? Ed Lambert let me talk for 7 minutes about this, it was interesting.

So I guess we dont really have a seperation of church and state if the state can send a child to a psychologist over a depiction of a dead jesus on a cross.
e2d916_crucifix12152009.jpg

That is how the story goes, that jesus died on the cross right? LOL

Taunton Temper Tantrum Teachers.

Last edited:
TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) - An 8-year-old boy was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation after he was asked to make a Christmas drawing and came up with what appeared to be a stick figure of Jesus on a cross, the child's father said Tuesday.

Chester Johnson told WBZ-TV that his son made the drawing on Dec. 2 after his second-grade teacher asked children to sketch something that reminded them of the holiday.

Johnson said the teacher became upset when his son said he drew himself on the cross. Johnson, who is black, told WBZ he suspects racism is involved. He said he thinks the school overreacted and wants an apology.

Johnson told the Taunton Daily Gazette, which first reported the story on Tuesday, that his son gets specialized reading and speech instruction and has never been violent in school.

An educational consultant working with the Johnson family said the teacher was also alarmed when the boy drew Xs for Jesus' eyes.

Sounds like the teacher needs a little evaluation of his own.

Oh my opinion is that the teachers and school acted in an unintelligent and innapropriate manner.

They should have called the parents in for a discussion about the picture and tried to get some context before going as far as they did. This is a young child and he could be tramitized by being singled out for depicting jesus.

It was just bad behavior on the part of the teacher and school.

The only thing that they can possibly say is that the fact that he drew jesus dead (which is an accurate representation of what happened to jesus on the cross) meant he might be violent, but that appears to be a HUGE stretch.

Oh my opinion is that the teachers and school acted in an unintelligent and innapropriate manner.

They should have called the parents in for a discussion about the picture and tried to get some context before going as far as they did. This is a young child and he could be tramitized by being singled out for depicting jesus.

It was just bad behavior on the part of the teacher and school.

The only thing that they can possibly say is that the fact that he drew jesus dead (which is an accurate representation of what happened to jesus on the cross) meant he might be violent, but that appears to be a HUGE stretch.

See my thread. ;)

BTW, does anyone think this is racism by the school?

no

Were you listening to the radio this morning Del? Ed Lambert let me talk for 7 minutes about this, it was interesting.

So I guess we dont really have a seperation of church and state if the state can send a child to a psychologist over a depiction of a dead jesus on a cross.

The kid depicted himself, not Jesus, dead on the cross. That doesn't give you pause?

The kid depicted himself, not Jesus, dead on the cross. That doesn't give you pause?

Now the school is saying it never happened...they don't even know that if he drew it in school and that it has his name one it......how is his name on the picture an indication of himself? When I was in school we always had to write our names on our papers...hmmm, another reason to believe it really was done at school.....

IMO, the school acted inappropriately and now that they are called on it, they have changed their story. Considering my experiences with our public schools I will always tend to believe the parents over the schools, everytime.

TPIWWOP

Shorthand for "This Post Is Worthless Without Pictures"

Show me the money baby :lol:

Last edited:
Now the school is saying it never happened...they don't even know that if he drew it in school and that it has his name one it......how is his name on the picture an indication of himself? When I was in school we always had to write our names on our papers...hmmm, another reason to believe it really was done at school.....

IMO, the school acted inappropriately and now that they are called on it, they have changed their story. Considering my experiences with our public schools I will always tend to believe the parents over the schools, everytime.

The original story clearly related that the teacher only acted after he asked the child about the picture, and the child told the teacher that it was himself on the cross.

It had nothing to do with the child signing his name to the paper.

TPIWWOP

Read the original story, which was posted at the beginning of the thread.

It clearly stated that the child told the teacher the drawingn was of himself on the cross.

Now you all are going to change the story to suit your narrative?

Shame, shame, shame.

TPIWWOP

It clearly stated that the child told the teacher the drawingn was of himself on the cross.

Shame, shame, shame.

That is precicely what you are doing right now sir.
Like I said earlier

Its now a He said She said moment. The family says the kid drew this picture in school

and that the school sent the child home and told the parents he can not return until the child completes a psychological evaluation.

The school says the boy's drawing was seen as a potential cry for help when the student identified himself, rather than Jesus, as the figure on the cross, which sparked the teacher to alert the school's principal and staff psychologist.

Who to believe is what people are disagreeing on. I dont see his name directly above the image in a way that shows the boy identifying himself as Jesus on the cross anywhere online yet, once i do see that I may be able to say the school acted right...if I dont I think this was a very bad decision.

According to the article del linked to the teacher supposedly said the boy told her the picture was a picture of himself on the cross.
I know now that the school is denying that is even the pic in question but I was responding to Pilgrim who it seemed was still responding to the original allegations.

Whether it ever happened or not, a kid drawing a picture of himself being crucified would trouble me.

TPIWWOP

I refer you to del's article.

TPIWWOP

Shame, shame, shame.
They are on a mission to prove there is a war on Xmas.

☭proletarian☭;1814816 said:
Revelation 22:16,
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

2 Peter 1:19,
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Recall from Isaiah 14 that the Morning Star is Lucifer

The term "morning star" comes from the idea that it is a star that is SO bright that it can still be seen in the morning (even with the sun's light coming out).

The Morning Star is Venus, the brightest 'star' (the Jews didn't know other planets existed) very low in the sky (fallen and the brightest- the story of Lucifer, son of the morning, God's favorite angel, the most beautiful creation- which fell)

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

translated to lucifer, meaning The Light Bearer,

MAtthew 19:16 shows that Jesus isn't entirely good, Revelation 5 depicts Jesus with horns (symbolism used for Satan), Jesus breaks numerous OT laws, and Jesus sought to make himself God- just as Isaiah says Lucifer intends to do.

I have...on the average of one or two a month.

I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Answer the door with a Torah and sit them down. Explain to them that they've been deceived, show them that Jesus was a false prophet, and invite them to repent, ask YHWH for mercy, and live according to the Law

They'll never come back.

Did you read the fucking story? It wasn't a picture of Jesus.

Forum List

Back