Mass. 2nd grader sent home for crucifix drawing

ZI'm sure nothing gives Jesus the warm fuzzies like looking at a cross...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is precicely what you are doing right now sir.
Like I said earlier

Its now a He said She said moment. The family says the kid drew this picture in school

and that the school sent the child home and told the parents he can not return until the child completes a psychological evaluation.

The school says the boy's drawing was seen as a potential cry for help when the student identified himself, rather than Jesus, as the figure on the cross, which sparked the teacher to alert the school's principal and staff psychologist.

Who to believe is what people are disagreeing on. I dont see his name directly above the image in a way that shows the boy identifying himself as Jesus on the cross anywhere online yet, once i do see that I may be able to say the school acted right...if I dont I think this was a very bad decision.

So, let's see if I have this straight.

You find it more believable:

that a teacher suddenly decided to risk their career, and the mental health of a child, in an attack on the Christian religion, and that the school psychologist suddenly decided to risk THEIR career just to also get a shot at Christian bashing...

...than that the teacher was told the figure in the picture represented the child and was therefore worried about the child?

Seriously?

You think the teacher, the school psychologist, the principal and whoever else was involved just up and decided, "Hey, I'm going to to try and ruin my career, and a child's life because, darnit, I just don't like Christians!"

Do I have that straight?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1815373 said:
I call bull shit on that. I wonder if we did a poll on here of how many people have had a christian come knock on their door and try to convert them, how many would say that they have? 1% maybe? What denomination are the ones that knock on your door? What local church are they from?
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Answer the door with a Torah and sit them down. Explain to them that they've been deceived, show them that Jesus was a false prophet, and invite them to repent, ask YHWH for mercy, and live according to the Law

They'll never come back.
I give them all the same stock answer. I tell them very politey but firmly that I am an atheist and that I do not go around ringing people's doorbells and interrupting them in whatever they are doing to proselytize atheism and that I would really appreciate it if religious people would show me the same respect and consideration.

The most recent ones were actually fun to talk to. They were very curious to know what atheism was. One thought it meant I was a Catholic, lol! They thanked me for answering the door and not slamming it in their faces as they said many people do and promised to make a note on their list for other people from their church not to bother me.

☭proletarian☭;1815373 said:
The Jehovah's Witnesses rang my bell on Saturday and again on Tues.

Answer the door with a Torah and sit them down. Explain to them that they've been deceived, show them that Jesus was a false prophet, and invite them to repent, ask YHWH for mercy, and live according to the Law

They'll never come back.
I give them all the same stock answer. I tell them very politey but firmly that I am an atheist and that I do not go around ringing people's doorbells and interrupting them in whatever they are doing to proselytize atheism and that I would really appreciate it if religious people would show me the same respect and consideration.

The most recent ones were actually fun to talk to. They were very curious to know what atheism was. One thought it meant I was a Catholic, lol! They thanked me for answering the door and not slamming it in their faces as they said many people do and promised to make a note on their list for other people from their church not to bother me.

And we have given the JW that have come to our new home here in maine, the same answer....that we believe in Christ and would appreciate them not coming here unannounced. (it really does scare the poop out of me when they show up, at my back door no less....which I think is way too personal for strangers to come to and expect me to even open it, let alone the FACT that it scares the devil out of me every time they come because I NEVER GET ANYONE knocking on my door....even the postman won't deliver a package, he leaves a note in the mail box on the main street, to go to the PO to pick it up).

Well, the last time they came, The JW woman with her kid, brought the pastor of her church with her....Matt went outside to talk to them and said to them, "Listen, you are wasting your time coming to our home, my wife and I are both Christians and we already believe in Christ's salvation, you SHOULD BE visiting those who have not been saved."
:)D so he sent them YOUR way :lol::lol:)

And I guess what he said worked, because they never came back again! I actually made him write down what he said to them, just in case I got approached again, I would know what to say to them that seemed to work!

Care

TAUNTON (WBZ) ―Taunton school officials say the parents of the boy involved in a picture controversy at Maxham Elementary School did not show up to a scheduled meeting on Wednesday.

Superintendent Julie Hackett, told WBZ's Bill Shields the meeting was scheduled for 9 a.m.

Hackett said the mother and father, Chester Johnson, were the ones who requested the meeting. She said she was there, but did not know why the child's parents did not come

Hackett said this issue is part of an ongoing situation involving the boy, but she would not elaborate on what that meant. She would only say this recent incident warranted the school district to seek help for the boy.

"There were concerns with the boy before this, and we've been working with the family. There's a lot at play, not just one picture," Hackett told WBZ-TV's Bill Shields.

Hackett said the teacher was concerned for the student's well-being after he identified himself as Jesus in a picture, but it had nothing to do with religion.

Parents Of Boy Involved In Jesus Drawing Controversy Skip Meeting With Taunton Superintendent - wbztv.com

☭proletarian☭;1814816 said:
Revelation 22:16,
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you [1] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

2 Peter 1:19,
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Recall from Isaiah 14 that the Morning Star is Lucifer

the BRIGHT morning star IS line of david, the morning star is Lucifer....epic FAIL! :lol: :lol: (it was kinda fun saying that...epic FAIL)

So Jesus = both the bright morning star and the son of david

david = the bright morning star

So Jesus is both David (a man) and his own son?

Did he go back in time and impregnate his mother?

But God is also his father... so he has two daddies, is his own daddy, and got his mother pregnant?

Epic fail, Care. You people really need to think your fairy stories through.

TAUNTON (WBZ) ―Taunton school officials say the parents of the boy involved in a picture controversy at Maxham Elementary School did not show up to a scheduled meeting on Wednesday.

Superintendent Julie Hackett, told WBZ's Bill Shields the meeting was scheduled for 9 a.m.

Hackett said the mother and father, Chester Johnson, were the ones who requested the meeting. She said she was there, but did not know why the child's parents did not come

Hackett said this issue is part of an ongoing situation involving the boy, but she would not elaborate on what that meant. She would only say this recent incident warranted the school district to seek help for the boy.

"There were concerns with the boy before this, and we've been working with the family. There's a lot at play, not just one picture," Hackett told WBZ-TV's Bill Shields.

Hackett said the teacher was concerned for the student's well-being after he identified himself as Jesus in a picture, but it had nothing to do with religion.

Parents Of Boy Involved In Jesus Drawing Controversy Skip Meeting With Taunton Superintendent - wbztv.com

waits for philtekke to chime in after this post

Another song the kids sang at the concert tonight...

"We Wish you a Hari Krishna, we wish you a hari krishna..."

Now the school is saying it never happened...they don't even know that if he drew it in school and that it has his name one it......how is his name on the picture an indication of himself? When I was in school we always had to write our names on our papers...hmmm, another reason to believe it really was done at school.....

IMO, the school acted inappropriately and now that they are called on it, they have changed their story. Considering my experiences with our public schools I will always tend to believe the parents over the schools, everytime.

The original story clearly related that the teacher only acted after he asked the child about the picture, and the child told the teacher that it was himself on the cross.

It had nothing to do with the child signing his name to the paper.

The school is now saying the original story never happened.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5uG6zaDaIM[/ame]

☭proletarian☭;1815536 said:
So Jesus = both the bright morning star and the son of david

david = the bright morning star

So Jesus is both David (a man) and his own son?

Did he go back in time and impregnate his mother?

But God is also his father... so he has two daddies, is his own daddy, and got his mother pregnant?

Epic fail, Care. You people really need to think your fairy stories through.

maybe this will help...though, I seriously doubt it! this dude explains it with much more clarity than I did.

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the Bright & Morning Star.

I understand that the name "Lucifer" was added into the Bible and not in the original Hebrews.

Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language?

A scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati answered the question about Lucifer and the origin of this name. What Hebrew name was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The scholar replies, "In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name 'Lucifer'."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light. That can be confusing for Christians who identify Christ himself as the morning star, a term used as a central theme in many Christian sermons. Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."
Pentecostal Bible College: bright morning star, hebrew union college, old testament book

Also, YOU sooooo remind me of another poster that used to post here! I never thought there could be 2 of you but low and behold, there are....

You know a great deal about scripture....at least on the surface :rolleyes: Actually, I am pretty impressed that the whole subject of religion interests you enough to constantly participate in the religion forum or in threads such as this that talk about it.

care

I find mythology amusing. If we had more threads about the Greek and Egyptian pantheons, it would be entertaining.

Question: Why would God let something as simple as translators fuck up his Word if he's not willing that people be misled and go to Hell?

☭proletarian☭;1815714 said:
Question: Why would God let something as simple as translators fuck up his Word if he's not willing that people be misled and go to Hell?

Because he's into jokes and stuff ?

☭proletarian☭;1815714 said:

Because he's into jokes and stuff ?
Sounds like an asshole.

What kinda sick mind would dream uup and worship such a concept?

Forum List

Back