🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass killings

I was watching Fox yesterday after his 'manifesto' was announced. In the forty-five minutes or so after I switched channels, Fox pundits warned of the danger of video games, but hardly mentioned the weapon and its capabilities.

If the Right Wing wants to play that cultural game I say being it on!

Exhibit A: No one ever jacked a liquor store with an Xbox.

Exhibit B: Video games are a world wide media outlet that dominates the film industry. Are other mass shootings around the world the fault of video games?

Other mass shootings around the world are seen by us as acts of terrorism. Because that's exactly what they are. When people from the Middle East use mass murder to advance their politics, we call it Islamic terrorism.

How can we not see that these mass shootings are politically motivated? White Nationalism has been given a winking eye by this presidency. Are we going to call mass shootings with political motives terrorism?
Exactly. Gun nuts and Republicans who support them blame these mass shootings on "mental illness" and video games in order to distract from the fact that it is the huge number and easy availability of guns that is the issue.

Mental illness is no worse in this country than other places in the world. Video games are as ubiquitous elsewhere as here...

What;s different is the GUNS that we have here. More than one for every man,woman,and child. That's insane

Then why is it that only the smallest fraction of a percent of guns owned are used in murders?

Really if it was simply the number of guns then considering there are something like 20 million AR 15s in the hands of civilians wouldn't you expect more than 3 0r 4 out of that 20 million to be used in killings?
Could you please cite the virtues of the AR-15? What makes it best for what purpose?

It's lightweight easy to shoot and can be customized easily.

That said the AR 15 is not a high powered rifle and in fact fires one of the smallest rounds on the market as such it is very useful for killing small game and as a varmint gun.

Because it is small and light people of smaller stature or who have some sort of disability can use it effectively for self or home defense.

Now I will tell you that I don't own an Ar 15 as I have no need for a small caliber underpowered rifle.

The few rifles I own are larger caliber. I prefer my shotgun for home defense. Personally I own more handguns of varying calibers and capacities than any other gun

The AR is in the 22 caliber range (.223).

..22 caliber - Wikipedia

Exactly it fires what a .22 round albeit at higher velocities than an old rimfire .22

Exactly. Gun nuts and Republicans who support them blame these mass shootings on "mental illness" and video games in order to distract from the fact that it is the huge number and easy availability of guns that is the issue.

Mental illness is no worse in this country than other places in the world. Video games are as ubiquitous elsewhere as here...

What;s different is the GUNS that we have here. More than one for every man,woman,and child. That's insane

Then why is it that only the smallest fraction of a percent of guns owned are used in murders?

Really if it was simply the number of guns then considering there are something like 20 million AR 15s in the hands of civilians wouldn't you expect more than 3 0r 4 out of that 20 million to be used in killings?
Could you please cite the virtues of the AR-15? What makes it best for what purpose?

That said the AR 15 is not a high powered rifle and in fact fires one of the smallest rounds on the market as such it is very useful for killing small game and as a varmint gun.

Because it is small and light people of smaller stature or who have some sort of disability can use it effectively for self or home defense.

Now I will tell you that I don't own an Ar 15 as I have no need for a small caliber underpowered rifle.

The few rifles I own are larger caliber. I prefer my shotgun for home defense. Personally I own more handguns of varying calibers and capacities than any other gun

..22 caliber - Wikipedia

Exactly it fires what a .22 round albeit at higher velocities than an old rimfire .22
Which is why we should not let the ignorant make legislation about firearms.

I am fed up with the nonsense. The caliber is irrelevant.

And, my prior response was intended for Norman King

ay8b9ffnhje31.jpg

In Ireland and the UK, video games account for an approximate revenue of close to $5 billion per annum, nearly five times that amount in the US.
https://entertainment.ie

Yet the USA has vastly more than five times the rate of mass shootings with around five times the population.

Guns are the cause of mass shootings.
The easy availability of firearms with large magazine capacity lends itself particularly well to that end. Easier to buy a military style semi automatic rifle than hijack a truck or lug a swimming pool around, those other lethal things.

You essentially described a .22 rifle. What's the real difference? What's the real virtue?

All an AR 15 is is an improves version of the old .22 ranch rifle.

I never said it was anything more than that.

Saying it should be banned because it looks like a military rifle is beyond stupid. And the fact that a ridiculously small fraction of a percent of all the Ar 15s owned by the public are used in murders, the calls to ban them for that reason are just as stupid.
I never mentioned aesthetics. Although let's get back to that later.

The real virtue is the firing system and customization.

I know sportsmen who hunt deer, turkey, waterfowl and black bear. Those game species has been successfully managed by hunters here for generations. I know target shooters aiming at clay pigeons paper targets and rusty cans. They fire shotguns, rifles, single action pistols, revolvers. They have done that for generations.

I own a Mosburg .12 gauge pump action shotgun for home defense. I'm not likely to miss, and themsoundmof racking amshell into the chamber is unmistakable.

So, there are plenty of weapons available for any use. I ask again, what is the virtue of the AR-15?

You essentially described a .22 rifle. What's the real difference? What's the real virtue?

Saying it should be banned because it looks like a military rifle is beyond stupid. And the fact that a ridiculously small fraction of a percent of all the Ar 15s owned by the public are used in murders, the calls to ban them for that reason are just as stupid.

I know sportsmen who hunt deer, turkey, waterfowl and black bear. Those game species has been successfully managed by hunters here for generations. I know target shooters aiming at clay pigeons paper targets and rusty cans. They fire shotguns, rifles, single action pistols, revolvers. They have done that for generations.

I own a Mosburg .12 gauge pump action shotgun for home defense. I'm not likely to miss, and themsoundmof racking amshell into the chamber is unmistakable.

So, there are plenty of weapons available for any use. I ask again, what is the virtue of the AR-15?
You already said it.

"The real virtue is the firing system and customization."

We are not giving up the AR system, no matter how loud you squeel.

You already said it.

"The real virtue is the firing system and customization."

We are not giving up the AR system, no matter how loud you squeel.

So you have no problem with 9 fatalities and 20 wounded in less than two minutes? What other device designed as a weapon could do so much damage so quickly?

It accepts large capacity removable magazines, like most military style semi automatic rifles and a high rate of fire. Perfect for an abundance of targets.

..22 caliber - Wikipedia

That's Nosmo to you.

..22 caliber - Wikipedia

That's Nosmo to you.
What's wrong with the Normen?
:laugh:

Sorry bout that.

:beer:

Right now we live in a nightmarish society. But it’s OUR society; surely we can vote—or if necessary, violently shove—our way out of this ugly, intolerable situation! Only the most irresponsible, cowardly GENERATION would just let it continue. Those kids and other human brethren getting massacred are YOURS.

Time to make it a number one voting booth priority; if your Congressional representatives in the House and Senate won’t put a stop to it, get rid of them until we have a Congress that will get the job done—including a veto override as necessary. If we can’t do that, we don’t deserve our Constitution.

It’s really that simple, granted that it couldn’t just happen overnight: time to clarify and ultimately rectify that way-out-of-date Second Amendment—and to hell with the NRA, which today struggles to justify private ownership of military weaponry whose only legitimate purpose is to allow combat soldiers and law enforcement personnel to kill as many bad guys as possible as quickly as people—as distinguished from just making them available to anyone with enough money to buy one or indeed as many as they can afford, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First thing......get rid of the gun grabbers.

In both El Paso and Ohio the shooter was taken down in less than a minute after they started shooting. Fortunately there were armed police at the scene.

At least one of the attacks was a crazed leftist pursuing an antifa agenda. Will we hear more about that
Just think, if they'd had single shot rifles they probably would have only gotten 2-3 shots off.
How bout Muskets?

Now you want to get into why some people like the Ar 15

It really is as simple as this. People buy an AR 15 because they believe it is the best choice for them. Why do I buy red guitars instead of blue guitars? I like red guitars I don't think a red guitar has more virtue than a blue guitar

I know people who after firing an AR just like the fact that they are so light and easy to use

I don't try to justify a person's tastes. People buy what they like.

Forum List

Back