Mass shooting: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival

People die every day what would you say to them?
When it comes to mass shootings I’d say they are really rare when there is strong gun control. Why do you support mass killers?

View attachment 271948

"we found that about 86 percent of mass public shootings took place in gun-free zones from 2009 to 2016."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pen-in-gun-free-zones/?utm_term=.bfa951cdbf83
Bet they didn’t get the gun in a gun free zone did they? The problem is easy access to weapons for mass killing.

What is your criteria for defining a "problem?"
People dying regularly, something that doesn’t happen in other countries.

Actually, it does happen in other countries all the time. America is in the middle of the pack as far as murder rates. The homicide rates in places like Congo, Mexico, El Salvador is far higher than in America.

That may be your opinion

But you underestimate what several million committed people can do and how much of the US military would oppose the government if it really came down to it?

I think it would be more than you do obviously.

And the second amendment even if it doesn't expressly state it is also about the right of an individual to protect his own life. The framers all thought that self preservation was such an obvious and natural right that there was no reason to codify it
Does it take 29 rifles to protect your own life? How many handguns?
LIMITING and strictly registering and vetting owners of firearms would not take away the opportunity for responsible people from bearing arms. The founders lived in a very different world, culturally and technologically. That is why the Constitution was designed to change with the times.
--------------------------------------------------------- in the USA you can own any number of cars , motorcycles or guns that you like . And that being said , only one gun at a time can be used at a time OldLady . And your claim that the Constitution was DESIGNED to change with the times is your OPINION OldLady .
The 2nd amendment was clearly for defending the country, not self defense. Militias aren’t for self defense. Now that we have the worlds strongest military, the 2nd has no point.

and the fact that a person has the absolute right to defend his life was so obvious that the founders didn't think it needed to be codified

I guess they couldn't imagine a person could ever think otherwise
I’m getting pretty old and have never needed a gun for defense, nor do I know anyone who has. A life seems well defended without guns. And since countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a fraction of ours, much better defended with fewer guns.

And they didn’t think they had to point out weapons for mass killing should be illegal. That’s common sense.
I don't care about you.

I do not live my life by the standards you set for yourself.

I have been the victim of a violent crime. I know there is real violence in the world and I have the scars to prove it.

And if you want to make everything that can be used to kill many people at once illegal then you'd find that a lot of things you don't think are "dangerous" would be illegal

No I don't.

I don't sell guns to anyone.

We already have gun laws on the books to deal with illegal possession of firearms and when those laws are enforced they work
Yes you do, you make really dangerous weapons legal. Because of you the weapon used was legally purchased.

FYI an AR 15 is not "really" dangerous
In fact there are a hell of lot more things that are more dangerous than guns out there in the world.

What you people can't seem to understand is that I am not responsible for the bad acts of another person.

Maybe we should all have our drivers licenses suspended because some people drive drunk huh?
And yet they have been used to kill over 50 people really quickly by one shooter . Seems dangerous to me.

So?

Anyone could do the same thing with a really big truck and a snow plow

And it's not the gun that is dangerous it's the person shooting it that is the danger
I feel pretty safe from trucks on the 3rd floor of this building. They put up barriers and close roads to take care of that problem.

Doesn't negate the fact that it's the person who is the danger not the gun

When it comes to mass shootings I’d say they are really rare when there is strong gun control. Why do you support mass killers?

View attachment 271948

"we found that about 86 percent of mass public shootings took place in gun-free zones from 2009 to 2016."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pen-in-gun-free-zones/?utm_term=.bfa951cdbf83
Bet they didn’t get the gun in a gun free zone did they? The problem is easy access to weapons for mass killing.

Actually, it does happen in other countries all the time. America is in the middle of the pack as far as murder rates. The homicide rates in places like Congo, Mexico, El Salvador is far higher than in America.
Yes unstable countries. How about Germany, UK, Japan, France?

View attachment 271948

I don't care what goes on in other countries

Yes you do, you make really dangerous weapons legal. Because of you the weapon used was legally purchased.

In fact there are a hell of lot more things that are more dangerous than guns out there in the world.

What you people can't seem to understand is that I am not responsible for the bad acts of another person.

Maybe we should all have our drivers licenses suspended because some people drive drunk huh?
And yet they have been used to kill over 50 people really quickly by one shooter . Seems dangerous to me.

So?

And it's not the gun that is dangerous it's the person shooting it that is the danger
I feel pretty safe from trucks on the 3rd floor of this building. They put up barriers and close roads to take care of that problem.

And a dangerous person with easy access to guns is a whole lot more danger than an unarmed one.

Didn’t think you had an intelligent response. So you prefer lots of murder.

So?

And a dangerous person with easy access to guns is a whole lot more danger than an unarmed one.

And it still only accounts for less than 1% of all murders

So?

Which is a lot of death in a country of over 300 million. A huge percent of murder involves firearms. Hundreds die each year just in accidents.

We already know how to reduce murders committed with firearms and that is to actually enforce the gun laws we already have on the books.

And I still don't give a shit about what other countries do,

There is no real free speech in any of those countries you want to be like either.

We already know how to reduce murders committed with firearms and that is to actually enforce the gun laws we already have on the books.

There is no real free speech in any of those countries you want to be like either.
Yes we do. Homicides dropped drastically after we got background checks.

So?

Which is a lot of death in a country of over 300 million. A huge percent of murder involves firearms. Hundreds die each year just in accidents.

So now you want to make everything that can accidentally kill you illegal too?

MAybe it would be easier for you to list the things you think should be legal

View attachment 271948

The people seeking to come into America as Illegals nowadays aren't coming from Germany, or Japan, or France or the UK.

They ARE, however, coming in from Mexico, other Latin American and African countries.

That makes the murder rates there a lot more relevant.

And they dropped even more when we were actually prosecuting gun offenses as federal crimes

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1
Firearm Homicide Rates, Project Exile
Rosenfeld and colleagues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.

No I don't.

I don't sell guns to anyone.

We already have gun laws on the books to deal with illegal possession of firearms and when those laws are enforced they work

So?

-------------------------------------- YOU just keep HIDING and being Scared . I expect that kind of behavior from you and yer ilk Brian .

Just sharing the facts. We can do away with useless things like guns that can accidentally kill you.

You and lying filth like you are asked repeatedly how more gun laws will stop this, and like the no-good lying scum you are, you never provide an answer. Why is that my six-legged parasite?

This has been answered multiple times.

Banning assault type rifles would at the least reduce the carnage.

The truth is most of you deplorables are chicken shits.

If you did not have access to such a powerful weapon, would you even consider one of these killings?

We should alsi ban tactical gear.
A rifle can assault someone!??? What do you have video evidence??

a Baseball bat is a bat typically used in Baseball.

Am assault rifle of a rifle typically used in military assaults.

An Asaault type rifle is a rifle that resembles an assault rifle.

A Maga hat is a hat worn by dumbasses.

Tell me, tard - which of the following is an "assault rifle"?

View attachment 271777

View attachment 271778
Typical rightwing sophistry.
More educated responses from the left

I don't care if people own machine guns

I have no problem with the owners of any property setting the rules on what is permissible on their property.

That said there is no reason to stop anyone who can legally carry a concealed weapon from doing so anywhere
Well there you ago, another who is fine with anybody taking a machine gun into schools... this is why it’s not a dumb question. It gets right to the heart of the issue and shows how far somebody will go.

To somebody like myself it is obviously dangerous and inappropriate to have guns in schools like that. I just don’t trust my fellow citizens to be cool calm and responsible all the time and I’d prefer to limit, not openly allow mass killing machines around my kids. People are over emotional idiots in general. If they want to carry they better damn well prove that they are knowledgeable in gun safety and show that they are stable/responsible people.

that isn't what he said, now is it?
he has no problem with people owning machine guns. i would disagree but his opinion, his right.
he has no problem with people who own property setting the rules for what is allowed in on it. this would include schools and the like. if you don't want guns on there you can be a gun free zone. your call has he said.

he said he feels IF YOU ARE LICENSED you should be able to carry a concealed weapon anywhere. while i could think this contradicts his previous statement of letting someone set the rules for their property - he never said a thing about carrying machine guns around schools.

last i checked, a machine gun is NOT a concealed weapon so to link that to a school is you doing it for emotional impact and misconstruing what he did in fact say, twisting it to a loose interpretation you'd not allow someone to do to you. in essence you took what he said and slammed it to an extreme "machine guns in schools" statement OF WHICH HE NEVER SAID was cool. you said it for him then went on a rant about his views you just gave him.

i'd ask why you do that but i'm more afraid you'd tell me.
You missed my original question that he was responding to. I was talking to two others yesterday (patriot and bigrebnc) and asked if they supported any citizens ability to walk into a store and buy a machine gun as easy as buying a slurpy and then take it to a high school football game and hold it as they watched. Both posters I was talking to said yes they supported it. Schools and states don’t have the right to infringe on the second amendment. Blues man called it a stupid question and we went from there.

you mean where he said "who would bring a machine gun to a football game?" and followed up with no one, it's a stupid question?

Breaking News - Mass shooting: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival

i went back 250 posts and never saw him say it's fine to bring a machine gun to a school. please give me your direct reference.
I had two posters literally say bring guns into schools. And then blues guy calls it a stupid question and when pressed responds with this...
“I don't care if people own machine guns

I have no problem with the owners of any property setting the rules on what is permissible on their property.

That said there is no reason to stop anyone who can legally carry a concealed weapon from doing so anywhere”

You are right he never said the words “bring guns into school”... he played around giving a direct answer so I shot back... I’ll take back my comment and ask him to further clarify if he believes the second amendment can and should be restricted by federal, state and or local laws or should it not. If not then legally anybody would be able to buy and bring a gun into a school. If so then he believes we can regulate it
so like i said - you took pieces of a conversation and put them together on your own - each step requiring an assumption on your part to link the two.

i've pointed this out to you a lot, DamnDude has also and others i'm sure.

before i say someone is ok with bringing a machine gun to school i'm going to ask the direction question. not ask things like "so you think people should own machine guns" and get a yes and then extrapolate to our own ends and in effect, create a strawman along the way. and it looks like he answered your questions, you just didn't like them or they were not what you wanted him to say, so you went this route.

from my vantage point anyway.

And they dropped even more when we were actually prosecuting gun offenses as federal crimes

Virginia Project Exile

Study 1
Firearm Homicide Rates, Project Exile

Rosenfeld and colleagues (2005) found a statistically significant intervention effect for Project Exile. Firearm homicides in Richmond exhibited a 22 percent yearly decline, compared with the average reduction of about 10 percent per year for other large U.S. cities. The difference is statistically significant.
We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. Yet countries with strong gun control and fewer in jail have much lower homicide rates.

Just sharing the facts. We can do away with useless things like guns that can accidentally kill you.

HOw many other things that can accidentally kill you are "useless"

And FYI self defense with the best tool for the job is extremely useful

So?

-------------------------------------- YOU just keep HIDING and being Scared . I expect that kind of behavior from you and yer ilk Brian .
The scared ones run around with guns like you while our children die. Sad.

Forum List

Back