Mass shooting in France at magazine that published Mohammed cartoons

Their underlying religious dogma promotes medievalism and barbarity to an extent unknown to other present-day mainstream religious belief systems.

Your bible promotes killing children!

Leviticus 20 9 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother their blood will be on their own head.

Exodus 21 17 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

How is that not just as barbarous?
Maybe because Jews and Christians don't agree with you. Jews do not carry out Mosaic Law and Christians have an addition called The New Testament. It's been out for a while now, not exactly a secret.

Their underlying religious dogma promotes medievalism and barbarity to an extent unknown to other present-day mainstream religious belief systems.

Leviticus 20 9 Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother their blood will be on their own head.

Maybe because Jews and Christians don't agree with you. Jews do not carry out Mosaic Law and Christians have an addition called The New Testament. It's been out for a while now, not exactly a secret.

Muslims disagree with the texts that are being misused by Kondor to smear Islam and the 1.5 billion faithful but according to you they don't count.

theH 10502912
This is an administration that blamed a YouTube video for a terrorist attack,

Not true. The YouTube video was cited by the protesters as the reason for the attack on the US Embassy in Cairo. Statements confirming that reality should cease to be confused with the video being blamed for the killing of four Americans in Benghazi . The Administration called that an act of terror just like the 9/11/01 attacks on WTC and the Pentagon. Obama had the leader of the terror organization that carried out the Pentagon and WTC attacks killed. you see Obama has been quite proficient in killing terrorists. And Obama knows there is a difference between protesters and terrorists. It's too bad that Limbaugh students are being taught that there is no difference between violent protest and acts of terror. Even Romney has been unable to make that distinction.

But the arrested ringleader of the attack on Ambassador Stevens' compound apparently told others that he went to the Consulate to get revenge for the You Tube video. So Eagle1, you might want to start backing off that Limbaugh lie that the administration blamed a YouTube video for a terrorist attack. He didn't and still doesn't - but the terrorist on trial is reported to blame his participation in the Benghazi attack on his anger at the video. But the Administration has said repeatedly that the video is no excuse by the perps (extremists with heavy weapons ) to commit murder and assassination and acts if terror.

The administration spent a lot of press time slamming the video instead of protecting free speech. That is a fact. All the videos are on YouTube if you care to see for yourself. But we all know you won't.

Muslims disagree with the texts that are being misused by Kondor to smear Islam and the 1.5 billion faithful but according to you they don't count.
No, the 1.5 billion are not being faithful to the Koran. The Koran makes specific statements, it IS their NT. The interpretations are what the peaceful Muslims follow. The adherents to the Koran are those that are creating problems.

Whoa! If anyone is misusing Muslim Holy texts it's those who commit these heinous crimes with "Allahu Akbar" on their lips. Your silly attempt at equating Jews to Muslims is typical of small-minded liberals bent on some lame immoral equivalence. It's not just the words but actions we see in Paris today. Ironically, it's you liberals they would first behead if given the opportunity.

No, the 1.5 billion are not being faithful to the Koran. The Koran makes specific statements, it IS their NT. The interpretations are what the peaceful Muslims follow. The adherents to the Koran are those that are creating problems.

No, the 1.5 billion are not being faithful to the Koran.

Prove it!

The Koran makes specific statements, it IS their NT.

So what? Your bible makes specific statements too. Without the OT your NT is meaningless. You don't get to cherry pick your bible while imposing a blanket on the Koran.

The interpretations are what the peaceful Muslims follow. The adherents to the Koran are those that are creating problems.

A distinction without a difference. Are you identical to Eric Rudolph? Would you take his place? Should you be held accountable for his actions?

Prove it!

Quran 002.191 - 193:

(191)And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them;such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
(192)But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
(193) And fight with them until there is no persecution,and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.

So what? Your bible makes specific statements too. Without the OT your NT is meaningless. You don't get to cherry pick your bible while imposing a blanket on the Koran.

It isn't my Bible and you missed my earlier point. The NT is what Christians follow, it supercedes the OT. Instead of stoning adulterers to death Christians are to forgive them. The fact that you think it's cherry picking demonstrates that you don't know what you're talking about.

The interpretations are what the peaceful Muslims follow. The adherents to the Koran are those that are creating problems.

A distinction without a difference. Are you identical to Eric Rudolph? Would you take his place? Should you be held accountable for his actions?

Let's see, a handful of Christian nuts commit crimes, that are not supported by the Bible or the Christian community and you see that as being similar to the millions of Muslims that justify murdering non believers? You have no ability to discern one thing from the other.

Prove it!

Quran 002.191 - 193:

(191)And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them;such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
(193) And fight with them until there is no persecution,and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.

It isn't my Bible and you missed my earlier point. The NT is what Christians follow, it supercedes the OT. Instead of stoning adulterers to death Christians are to forgive them. The fact that you think it's cherry picking demonstrates that you don't know what you're talking about.

Let's see, a handful of Christian nuts commit crimes, that are not supported by the Bible or the Christian community and you see that as being similar to the millions of Muslims that justify murdering non believers? You have no ability to discern one thing from the other.

There are millions of fundamentalist Christians who supported Eric Rudolph and his ilk. But somehow there is a distinction between them and fundamentalist Muslims? Please explain this difference in your own words and yes, you can use both sides of the page.

There are millions of fundamentalist Christians who supported Eric Rudolph and his ilk. But somehow there is a distinction between them and fundamentalist Muslims? Please explain this difference in your own words and yes, you can use both sides of the page.
My own words? Who's words do you think I was using? I'm not aware of millions of Christians supporting him, you can use somebody else's words to back it up if there are some facts involved.

How many fundamentalist Christians in your area are cutting noses off of women, beheading non believers, warring with other factions of Christianity and terrorizing the population that allows criticisms to flourish? You can use your own words.

When interviewed in 2011 after the offices were firebombed, the editor (who was shot and killed yesterday) said he would rather die than be like a rat and have his freedom of speech curtailed.
Knowing what he knew about these fanatics his stubborn defiance is best described as wasteful stupidity. What has he proved? Twelve people are dead, their families and loved ones are left to mourn in misery.

I'm trying to figure out what your point is? They should have STFU? They should kowtow to terrorist demands?
They should either have stopped taunting suicidal terrorists as if they were immune to attack, or they should have taken steps to defend themselves against the inevitable!

I believe in freedom of speech. But if I said something that made me vulnerable to a terrorist attack, common sense security precautions and, mainly, the Second Amendment would enable me to prepare an adequate defense. I wouldn't just remain vulnerable and expect idealistic romantics like you to think of me as a hero when I get what I'm asking for.

Because French gun laws presumably limit citizen access to firearms, this vainglorious fool believed it was gallant rather than stupidly wasteful to taunt psychopathic, suicidal killers even though his government prohibited him to mount an appropriate defense. He taunted the tiger and just stood there bare-chested and feeling proud. He said bring it, and they did.

As for 'taunting' etc, Charlie also targetted politicians and a whole range of other people. The politicos etc don't go around killing people.
Right. But Islamic terrorists do go around killing people -- which is precisely my point. If you choose to toss a rock at those crazies and just stand there with nothing more than a charcoal pencil in your hand and a stupid grin on your face, don't expect me to call you a hero when they come for you with guns.

I believe in freedom of speech. But if I said something that made me vulnerable to a terrorist attack, common sense security precautions and, mainly, the Second Amendment would enable me to prepare an adequate defense. I wouldn't just remain vulnerable and expect idealistic romantics like you to think of me as a hero when I get what I'm asking for.
There are cartoonists here doing the same thing. So they should either shut up or embed themselves with family in hardened bunkers?

There are cartoonists here doing the same thing. So they should either shut up or embed themselves with family in hardened bunkers?
They should take whatever precautions are available to them. But if they are at risk, do not take a lesson from the Charlie attack, and they choose to remain vulnerable in spite of it, I'd call that asking for it.

But to answer your question, put yourself in the position of a cartoonist who has offended the Prophet and threats have been made against you. What would you do?

If you want to use the Bible for its verses, at least study it first. Those are from the old testament. As I told Joe earlier in the thread. The New Testament takes precedence. Sadly, you haven't a clue on something you wish to use against Christians. Sadly for you.
Christians that are not traveling the world trying to massacre others for their beliefs, such as those Islamist do, stating the world is to live by sharia, and you can either agree, convert or die. And Hebrews 9 tells what I think you should really know about, if you have any real interest.

You are seriously deranged in your perceptions, if you believe that.

Prove it!

Quran 002.191 - 193:

This is not only about oil. It's also a religious war and clash of civilizations.
If these terrorists keep it up, Marine Le Pen will eventually be the French President: Le Pen May Gain as Magazine Attack Strains French Divide - Businessweek
France’s Front National leader Marine Le Pen pinned the blame for the killing of 12 people in Paris yesterday on Islamic radicals, as mainstream leaders tried to downplay the religious dimension of the attack.

While President Francois Hollande called for national unity in an attempt to deter the public from demonizing the country’s 5-million strong Muslim community, Le Pen said France has to confront the beliefs of the gunmen who stormed the offices of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

“Time’s up for denial and hypocrisy,” Le Pen, who has railed against immigration, said in a video posted on her party’s website. “The absolute rejection of Islamic fundamentalism must be proclaimed loudly and clearly.”
Marine Le Pen is getting out in front of this killing at Charlie Hebdo. She pushing for the return of the death penalty for France. Quelle surprise.
Le Pen would most likely have shut down Hebdo or exiled them if she took over

Right Wingers DO NOT support free speech, except when it is their own
Its a shame you think that nationalists, not islamists are the enemy. Whereas we value free speech, they don't. No matter how much you espouse tolerance towards them, or offer them the olive branch of multiculturalism, Islam does not respect your right as an infidel to exist.

Radical extremists are the enemy. Nationalist fall into that category. I would offer no olive branch to radical jihadists -- except maybe if it were tinged with ebola

Radical jihadists are nationalists who want to overthrow any regime that doesn't follow strict Shariah law, and establish Islamic Caliphates across the world. The West is an obstacle for achieving this goal.

Forum List

Back