Massive Amtrak Crash....but who cares about our highways and trains?

seriously, amtrak is funded. and why do you keep ignoring the engineers fault in this? btw....who has blamed the victims?

don't worry, i don't expect you to back up such a spurious and obviously false claim.

Did you miss the link in this thread to yet another rightwing cut to Amtrak funding?

no, but that had no bearing on the crash. who blamed the victims or do you concede you lied.

I just posted the link in #192 above proving that it does have a bearing on the crash.

The NTSB lead investigator stated had the proper systems been installed the accident would not have occurred.

Extreme rightwing budget cuts are the reason why those 7 Americans have just died and 200 were injured.

cite proof of your claim. they have over a billion dollars from the feds and you're telling me that couldn't afford to put in the proper system?

had the train not been speeding and obeying the speed laws, there most likely would not have been an accident.

:rolleyes:

edit: do you have a link for highlighted, i can't find any

I am not being paid to teach you how budgets and capital expenditures work.

And just scroll back to post #192 above. It has the link and the quoted text from the NTSB lead investigator.

yeah, i found the link and he didn't say what you said...he said he felt....you made it out as if he was stating fact

nice try

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck
(140 injured)

Death Toll Rises to 6 in Philadelphia Amtrak Train Wreck - WSJ
BN-IJ919_0513pa_P_20150513003151.jpg

The Chinese, French, Italians, Japanese, et al. are laughing at us.
large_article_im2631_China_Bullet_Train.jpg

High speed trains in Japan is a ridiculous example to put forth ---- it won't work here. Keep your eye on California ... you'll see.

btw...i think the gop budget cuts were about the dumbest thing they could have done this morning....

The death toll is now 7 with 200 injured.
Certainly the Right doesn't care about infrastructure .. they just cut AMTRAK funding.
I heard on TV that the US spends 1.7% of the budget on infrastructure, Europe 5%, China 6%.
If you travel, the difference is obvious.

And I do. Huge difference. U.S. train system sucks. Amtrak is pinched, not getting funding and so they are cutting corners and....curves....in order to compensate.
The Acela Express will knock you off your feet if you are standing on a platform when it passes. This is not news, this high speed.

1.4 billion a year is being squeezed? The Acela, no matter how fast it can go, should not and cannot take a curve at twice the recommended speed and still be safe.

Did you miss the link in this thread to yet another rightwing cut to Amtrak funding?

no, but that had no bearing on the crash. who blamed the victims or do you concede you lied.

I just posted the link in #192 above proving that it does have a bearing on the crash.

The NTSB lead investigator stated had the proper systems been installed the accident would not have occurred.

Extreme rightwing budget cuts are the reason why those 7 Americans have just died and 200 were injured.

cite proof of your claim. they have over a billion dollars from the feds and you're telling me that couldn't afford to put in the proper system?

had the train not been speeding and obeying the speed laws, there most likely would not have been an accident.

And just scroll back to post #192 above. It has the link and the quoted text from the NTSB lead investigator.

yeah, i found the link and he didn't say what you said...he said he felt....you made it out as if he was stating fact

nice try

He was stating facts. Amtrak have the system installed on the Acela trains that run that exact same route on the same tracks. They don't have the funding to install it on every train. So yes, that is the fault of the extreme rightwing demanding that spending be slashed at the cost of American lives.

nice try

He was stating facts. Amtrak have the system installed on the Acela trains that run that exact same route on the same tracks. They don't have the funding to install it on every train. So yes, that is the fault of the extreme rightwing demanding that spending be slashed at the cost of American lives.

again, cite proof of your claim because the train involved was just delivered to amtrak last year.....so obviously budget concerns were not an issue

and you're still ignoring the plain fact he was going too fast....had he not been going too fast he wouldn't have needed the speed controls....causation is everything....and the speed is the direct cause

This line, the Northeast Corridor, is a nightmare to ride. The rail system between D.C. and Boston hasn't been updated in over 60 years.

But bomb, bomb, bomb ....bomb, bomb Iran. Yeah baby! Defense spending trumps our own citizens' ability to get to work every day.

(140 injured)

Outstanding thread.

I currently live in the one country that has the most advanced train/tram/bus system in the western world: Germany.

98% of the country is covered by this form of mass-transit. And they sink a lot of money into keeping it up to date.

This is why I am often tapatalking between business appts. I am usually on a train or tram between points A and B. And it's cheaper than traveling by car.

You are absolutely right about this point. We Americans are lagging severely behind in the area of public transit.
germany_with_us_size.png

nice try

Wow! You're right --- let's cut the food stamp program to pay for this!!!

i know, but deritoro and NTPP say otherwise....why are you telling me this?

I'm agreeing with you so that they may see that there are others who have a rudimentary understanding of physics like you do and understand about centrifugal force (which deritoro and NTPP apparently don't).

actually the object in this case wants to keep moving in a straight line

in this case the object did not want to be drawn away from a center of rotation
Momentum's a bitch.

You people just don't get it. This is not about physics. It's about profits. Or rather, lack thereof.

try taking a 50 mph curve at 107 with your car and get back to me...if you aren't dead

some cars yes an am track train probably not

(140 injured)

Not.
About.
Our.
Infrastructure.

The engineer was driving the train too fast.
No amount of money poured into the train or the track would have made him slow down.
Speed did it.

(140 injured)

Not.
About.
Our.
Infrastructure.

The engineer was driving the train too fast.
No amount of money poured into the train or the track would have made him slow down.
Speed did it.
We are already deploying Auto-Control technology in the Amtrak route in that part of the country - scheduled to be completed sometime late in 2015.

Late, indeed.

Computer-based governing mechanisms might have prevented the speed being cranked-up that high by a human being.

Yurt....................it's never safe to exceed the recommended speed limit on ANY curve in ANY KIND of vehicle.

Why?

Simple..............physics and centrifugal force.

i know, but deritoro and NTPP say otherwise....why are you telling me this?

I'm agreeing with you so that they may see that there are others who have a rudimentary understanding of physics like you do and understand about centrifugal force (which deritoro and NTPP apparently don't).

actually the object in this case wants to keep moving in a straight line

in this case the object did not want to be drawn away from a center of rotation
Momentum's a bitch.

inertia which makes objects resistant to the forces that makes them move in a curve

Forum List

Back