Massive layoffs at Tesla

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

I kinda thought they were subsidized as I haven't seen any of their cars on the road and I wondered where they got the money to build them.
Taxpayers.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

I kinda thought they were subsidized as I haven't seen a lot of their cars on the road and I wondered where they got the money to build them.
People in your parts can’t afford one

I live in Florida asshole and there are many people here who could afford a Tesla.
What part of the panhandle are you at?

I'm down in Melbourne on the east coast. Loads of rich folks down here. Wish I were one of them. LOL

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

0-60 Tesla is the fastest car on the road.
Too bad they can’t sell em.
They have a massive wait list. Their biggest problem is they can’t make them fast enough.

Tesla to lay off almost 10 percent of its entire workforce in a desperate attempt to stay afloat. Thousands of people are being layed off. They don't even expect to show a profit until the 3rd quarter of this year.

Tesla to cut 9% of jobs in 'difficult but necessary' reorganization
Conservatives love when tech and innovation hit roadbumps. Of course, post #2 blows the OP out of the water.
Really? I love the Stealth Bomber.

I kinda thought they were subsidized as I haven't seen any of their cars on the road and I wondered where they got the money to build them.
Taxpayers.

You sure?? I thought they were privately funded???

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

They have a massive wait list. Their biggest problem is they can’t make them fast enough.

Good for them. I'm glad to hear it. One of the ladies I work with bought one and she loves it. Its the only Tesla I've ever seen.

Law of supply and demand says they should not be laying off employees then.

Layoffs always drive up stock prices. I think they are going tits-up and large share holders want to make a quick profit before they shut it down completely.

Law of supply and demand says they should not be laying off employees then.

That's not true at all. That means that they need more manufacturing jobs and less middle management, which is what they are laying off. Salaried managers don't send cars out the door.

Tesla to lay off almost 10 percent of its entire workforce in a desperate attempt to stay afloat. Thousands of people are being layed off. They don't even expect to show a profit until the 3rd quarter of this year.

Tesla to cut 9% of jobs in 'difficult but necessary' reorganization
Conservatives love when tech and innovation hit roadbumps. Of course, post #2 blows the OP out of the water.
Really? I love the Stealth Bomber.
Yeah it’s great stuff. I love the trillion dollar budget for weapons and vehicles we’ll never need.

They can't make them at all, they can't meet the production quotas their production lines were designed for and capital expenditures require to operate 1 day in the black.
There hand built vehiclesare state of the art, their mass production model 3 has been a failure.

After Musk's last video conference one has to wonder what he's hiding. Never a good idea to be evasive to yoyr investor's questions

They can't make them at all, they can't meet the production quotas their production lines were designed for and capital expenditures require to operate 1 day in the black.
There hand built vehiclesare state of the art, their mass production model 3 has been a failure.
They are making 3,500 a week, hoping to get up to 5,000. And still can’t meet demand.

It's not that "massive", when one considers that they've already hired 8,000 workers just this year.

They're eliminating 4,100 mid-level management positions, which I think it is interesting - they're not laying off the factory workers, but the salaried bosses.

4,000 plus people in nevada?

From what I understand (which is limited), I believe their layoffs are not specific to Nevada.

Taxpayers.

You sure?? I thought they were privately funded???

Millions if not billions in taxpayer funds in the form of subsidies.

They seem to be stressing in the press release that the layoffs are not from the production departments. So I'm guessing middle management or sales.
Which tells me they will fill current orders and close down. Seen it before.

They are making 3,500 a week, hoping to get up to 5,000. And still can’t meet demand.
Link.

Sorry but most people need a car that will take them to their destination regardless how far it is.....I have a friend and she purchased a Tesla...going by the cars own mileage projections she determined that her new car would get her to Yosemite where she could recharge and return home....well she didn't figure in the uphill travel and ran out of juice half way up the mountain.....she had to be towed home where the tow truck driver scratched and dented her new worthless car.....Buuuuuaaaaahahahahahahaha

Forum List

Back