Massive layoffs at Tesla

That’s what ignorant dipshits have said every time a new technology is being developed

Ford and others are making ekectrics they're not struggling. Of course they know what they're doing
Electric cars are not the bulk of their market share. They have fuel burning family vehicles, sports cars and pick-up trucks to fall back on. The trucks are huge for them . Especially when municipalities purchase them for department work.

I use to work for a supplier to Ford and the company supplied parts for the F 150....mind boggling how many Ford could turn out a hour. The goal was 80 trucks per hour

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

0-60 Tesla is the fastest car on the road.
Too bad they can’t sell em.
They have a massive wait list. Their biggest problem is they can’t make them fast enough.

They can't make them at all, they can't meet the production quotas their production lines were designed for and capital expenditures require to operate 1 day in the black.
There hand built vehiclesare state of the art, their mass production model 3 has been a failure.
They are making 3,500 a week, hoping to get up to 5,000. And still can’t meet demand.

They can't meet demand that is funny. They took $1000 deposits from 500,000 people starting in March of 2016, They have made 37,000 cars so far, They are ramping up finally and maintaining quality. Their goal is 30,000 units in the second quarter, 13 week cycle, 2307 a week. They have a long way to go to get all those preorder filled.

You apparently know nothing about Tesla cars. Telsa was the only automobile to score 99 out of 100 in the consumer reports index.

Too bad they can’t sell em.
They have a massive wait list. Their biggest problem is they can’t make them fast enough.

They can't make them at all, they can't meet the production quotas their production lines were designed for and capital expenditures require to operate 1 day in the black.
There hand built vehiclesare state of the art, their mass production model 3 has been a failure.
They are making 3,500 a week, hoping to get up to 5,000. And still can’t meet demand.

They can't meet demand that is funny. They took $1000 deposits from 500,000 people starting in March of 2016, They have made 37,000 cars so far, They are ramping up finally and maintaining quality. Their goal is 30,000 units in the second quarter, 13 week cycle, 2307 a week. They have a long way to go to get all those preorder filled.

They have far too many quality issues going on.

That’s what ignorant dipshits have said every time a new technology is being developed

Ford and others are making ekectrics they're not struggling. Of course they know what they're doing
Electric cars are not the bulk of their market share. They have fuel burning family vehicles, sports cars and pick-up trucks to fall back on. The trucks are huge for them . Especially when municipalities purchase them for department work.

I use to work for a supplier to Ford and the company supplied parts for the F 150....mind boggling how many Ford could turn out a hour. The goal was 80 trucks per hour

Dearborn Assembly plant build rate is 2460 a day 6 days a week, That is crew cabs and extended cabs, Kansas City build the standard cabs at 1700 plus a day

In a few years you will be able to buy used Tesla's for pennies on the dollar.

Because the batteries will have worn out and need replaced.

And depending who you talk to, replacement batteries installed will cost between $12,000 to $20,000

No one in their right mind is going to by a used electric car, and then turn around and have to sink that kind of money into it.

That fact alone is enough to kill the electric car market. .... :cool:

Last edited:
Tesla is a fucking joke

Dearborn Assembly plant build rate is 2460 a day 6 days a week, That is crew cabs and extended cabs, Kansas City build the standard cabs at 1700 plus a day

We dealt with the Louisville plant. I got many a 3 AM phone call when our production lines had issues.

If they would have a decent product line that wasn’t based primarily on electric cars perhaps they would do better. Average Americans don’t want to dick around with electric cars. They want high octane and an open road.

A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.

A developer friend took me for a site visit in her new Tesla. I was totally fucking impressed, it's an amazing machine

We dealt with the Louisville plant. I got many a 3 AM phone call when our production lines had issues.

Escapes and MKC's , I'm currently driving an Escape.

We have a Navigator. Our other vehicles are foreign made. Since I left the co. I couldn't tell you where Ford makes what.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

Well, what a surprise, a claim lacking any evidence. However, even if true - which considering the source is not likely - let's wait and weight the evidence.

The ball is now in Oddballs tiny hands.

[/QUOTE} A Tesla is certainly not the fastest car on the road. 0-60 times are a meaningless unless you’re a drag racer. Those fat Teslas can’t break or handle worth shit.[/QUOTE]

Electric motors are instant torque and you can make one go as fast as you want, the sky might be the limit. Combustion engine have a power band they need to function within, aka.. transmission. put a 20 gear trans on an electric motor and to 300mph+, just keep it together.

There is nothing to "blow" out of the water. They are laying off thousands of employees and they aren't going to show a profit until any earlier than the 3rd quarter. Care to post a link otherwise?
They only show a profit because they're heavily subsidized...Elon Musk is one of the nation's biggest crony capitalist welfare queens.

Well, what a surprise, a claim lacking any evidence. However, even if true - which considering the source is not likely - let's wait and weight the evidence.

Well known....

https://www-latimes-com.cdn.ampproj...s/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

We have a Navigator. Our other vehicles are foreign made. Since I left the co. I couldn't tell you where Ford makes what.

So you feed Kentucky truck then, Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator. We have the Expedition, Navigator U553/4 long wheel base rear inner doors in our plant now for dimensional improvements.

So you feed Kentucky truck then, Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator. We have the Expedition, Navigator U553/4 long wheel base rear inner doors in our plant now for dimensional improvements.

I left my career to become a stay at home mom. That was seven years ago. I have no idea what's going on there now

Here you go, Francis....Suck it.

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

Cut off Elon Musk's Government Subsidy Gravy Train

Elon Musk Subsidies Are Bigger than Fossil Fuels Get | [site:name] | National Review

Middle Class Political Economist: Elon Musk has received billions in subsidies

No problem I work for them mostly die process engineering.

I like stay home mom's, I had one of my own, and my kids did to until, college cost smacked us.

Semi-related; I saw a Tesla car in Anchorage [Alaska] this past weekend. I think it might be the first one I've actually seen in use up here (rather than at a showroom/exhibit)

I have to admit they're pretty nice looking, though I can't imagine it functions in the winter heh

Forum List

Back