May I remind everyone the reason why republicans won the House in 2012? Gerrymandering of course!

I don't blame you a bit for that. Holding up California as a shining example of what Progressive policies will bring wouldn't be something I'd want to get into either if I was a liberal!

Relentless....

Anyway, remind me of where i praised California's greatness or anything such as. You seem to be debating yourself here or something.

You CAN'T praise California's greatness, Nyvin! The reason that people are leaving California in droves is that it's not a wonderful place to live anymore and a great deal of that has to do with the liberal politicians that have been running the place for decades.

This has been discussed many times before and the problem with electing a President using only the popular vote would result in politicians campaigning in highly populated urban areas and not bothering with small town and country America. NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami etc. It would also take a Constitutional Amendment to change it and no way in hell are you going to get a 2/3 (or 3/4) majority of the states to approve it.

The next thing on the agenda is not allowing small states to have two Senators. Why should a state with 20 million people have the same representation in the Senate as a state with 2 milllion? Same answer, and it ain't gonna happen!

If the intention of the electoral college is to get candidates to campaign in low population areas it fails miserably. The electoral college forces candidates to campaign in close race states like Florida and Ohio, while largely ignoring smaller places like Vermont or South Dakota. Also 85% of the US population lives in Urban areas, a small and shrinking 15% live in Rural areas....rural parts of the country are not going to be significant one way or another.

And if it were a division like 20 million to 2 million that wouldn't be all that bad (at least it's 10%), but if you compare California to Wyoming the ratio is actually like 38 million to 600,000. That's more like 1.6%. Really it's quite ridiculous that places like Wyoming or Alaska get as many Senators as California...
then you sorely misunderstand the very concept of federalism. That does not surprise me though - most people these days think of the states as subservient to the federal government. It is a shame that the previous system of checks and balances has been stripped so badly.

"we"? lol. You are in a class by yourself there son. There are a couple who come close to your version of You've shown that on this board countless times.

as to the OP- yeah, Repubs are hanging by a thread using technicalities and outright suppression to remain on the nat'l stage.

"we"? lol. You are in a class by yourself there son. There are a couple who come close to your version of You've shown that on this board countless times.

as to the OP- yeah, Repubs are hanging by a thread using technicalities and outright suppression to remain on the nat'l stage.
Yes we it's widely know on this board just how much of a dumb ass you are.
Where in the fuck is the voter suppression dumb ass?

Forum List

Back