Maya Angelou 25¢ Piece Released

She is a writer if I remember right so she was not selected because she is black alone. What have you done? She is a world renowned author.
Yes. She most well known for her autobiographies that chronicle her life focusing mostly on her childhood to early adulthood. But she also has a ton of movies, TV shows, plays etc as well. Pretty prolific writer and speaker for about 50 years.

Impressive spelling abilities there...
I live in the NW, see it often. Native American names much of the time are pretty simple because when English speakers spelled them, they did it phonetically as many of the sound combinations are not common in English--Tuolumne, Multnomah, Snohomish, etc.

Its annoying when you know there is an agenda, as opposed to just picking the right person.
The right person is different for different people. I figure meh. It used to be that we honored our most popular dead presidents. Now it seems to be whatever will sell more coins. I thought it was comical when "W" legislated the presidential series of golden coins. I guess it was the only way he could cement his position in history. The good thing about it was he chose a useless coin with no inherent value and best of all, he has to be dead before he'll be on one.

You are either a liar or stupid. I believe I know which one since you are trying to cover for all the other racist in this thread.
I didnt cover for anybody you fucking retard. He was literally the first one to bring up color.
Damn boomers and their illiteracy :rolleyes:

She's that awful woman whose book about a particularly disgusting kind of rape is required reading in Woke high schools. I'd have been traumatized for life if I'd had to read that ----

I will never read anything by her. She's a whites-hating racist. And the left reveres her!
Lol, not familiar with her. It will not effect my life one iota. What's it like to be triggered by such little things?

So she was straight until she filled out her first gov't document eh? Ride, Sally. Being a good citizen, she thought it was a command. LOL

She was actually a very private person, married a fellow male astronaut for 5 years, but had like a 27 year hidden relationship with another woman. Most of the LGBT stuff on her is post-mortem.

You don't know much do you..she is not the first woman put on a coin. She like they were underserving---susan B anthony, the Indian guide who I can't spell her name--aren't seen much these days for a reason. Woke will make you Broke and needs to end for a number of reasons.
That has to be one of the dumbest post, you have ever posted. Stuck on Stupid.

I'm totally lost...

I've never heard of this person...
Never read her poetry...
I thought that this was going to be about INFLUENTIAL people.

How is a great unknown influential?

Why not have Bubba's wife Mildred on the coin? She was truly a saint for putting up with him.
How about Alexander Hamilton's mistress? She kept him from becoming President...
She actually has a lot more press that this unknown poet does.

Forum List

Back