McCarthy doesn't get it (yet)

This is good news for actual conservatives. McCarthy is a CA liberal Republican, backed by Trump, McConnell other liberal Republicans.

Conservatism still has a chance.

So when is the next round of votes?

You don't have the votes, you don't have the votes....
You're gonna need Congressional approval and you don't have the votes....

IYKYK

Go Jeffries!!! Only needs a few moderate republicans to come to their senses to get it!
Wouldn't that be hilarious.
And why is there a democrat on the ballot? They can't get the speakers position because the democrats don't have the majority. They're just grand standing. The left loves to grand stand.
Anybody can be Speaker.
I'm surprised that you haven't learned this FACT ^^^^ by now.

Keep pissing off the House Republicans with guys like Jordan and Gaetz, and maybe, just maybe enough (R) would say fuck it, and vote for Jefferies.
Not gonna happen, but that would be hilarious.

323892240_1077356220328215_8411000026139158698_n.jpg

Anybody can be Speaker.

Keep pissing off the House Republicans with guys like Jordan and Gaetz, and maybe, just maybe enough (R) would say fuck it, and vote for Jefferies.

They have to be nominated and elected. The GOP have the house majority, so it's going to be a GOP house speaker.

I thought you were teaching school today.

Our last day was Dec 23 which turned out to be a snow day. We don't go back until Jan 9th. It's awful. No one needs this week off. But here we are.

(If you want to say something snarky, do this instead. Stalk me starting Jan 9th and see if I'm here during daytime hours EST)

Anybody can be Speaker.

Jim Jordan has not only the courage of his convictions, he fully respects the Constitution that gives Americans the best advice for government.

I think I see what's going on now. If Jordan comes out and says he doesn't want the speakers position, then it'll be a well played joke on the conservatives who didn't want McCarthy, just to flip them to McCarthy.
That's why Biggs wasn't nominated in the 2nd go round.

Slimy, good for nothing liberal republicans.

The Country already threw his ass out of office.
The country submitted to the installation of a dementia patient as Pretender in Chief. Do you understand the difference between that office and Speaker of the House? Evidently not--Piglosi isn't giving you cues anymore--ROTFLMFAO!

WTF, Jordan nominates McCarthy, then Gaetz nominates Jordan.

And why is there a democrat on the ballot? They can't get the speakers position because the democrats don't have the majority. They're just grand standing. The left loves to grand stand.
Right now Jeffries is holding more votes than McCarthy.... 212 to McCarthy's 203. If just 6 republicans vote for him, Jeffries will be speaker, with the republicans still holding the majority of seats.

The Speaker does not have to be, of the same party as the majority, he or she, just needs to get the majority of votes for speaker from all of the house members.

A Jeffries win in this manner is legal, and possible, but HIGHLY UNLIKELY imho.

But here is where it gets tricky....

If a representative or two or more, decides to drop out of voting for speaker and just claims PRESENT in their vote turn,

then the 218 votes needed as a majority to win, goes down 1, for every two representatives that drops out of the vote process, which they can legally drop out of voting.

If 12 republicans get frustrated and drop out of voting, then Jeffries' 212 could also make him , the winner, the Speaker...., because you'll only need the majority vote, OF THOSE who VOTED. So when people drop out of voting, the number goes down to be the winner.

This too, is highly unlikely, but possible!

Republicans can also try to get Democratic representatives to vote with them on a speaker to get to a majority vote.

That too, is possible, but unlikely, imo.

Sooooo, I think, the republicans are in a real pickle!

You don't need to impeach Mr. Biden to put him out to pasture. He needs to be removed from office with the incompent mental state of his third stage dementia or Altzheimer's disease. He should first be approached to resign with dignity.
Fuckwad Biden is meaningless. It's who controls him. If he resigns, it won't change the real control.

The country submitted to the installation of a dementia patient as Pretender in Chief. Do you understand the difference between that office and Speaker of the House? Evidently not--Piglosi isn't giving you cues anymore--ROTFLMFAO!
Installed? Riiiiiiight. On this planet Biden beat Trump's ass & bigly. In Idiotville where you lurk Biden was "installed", moron.

Oh btw, Trump admitted to some of his W.H. hack squad that he lost, so eat shit , dummy.

Forum List

Back