McCarthy in closed door meeting with detractors...

Yes there is. Not to mention the founders were pretty clear on why congressional term limits are bad. It's a shame people are gravitating away from the founders beliefs.

"SCOTUS opined that since the Constitution sets forth the criteria that determines the requirements for Senators and Congressional Representatives, only the Constitution can limit the terms of Congress members."
SCOTUS only ruled that STATE laws can't impose term limits on FEDERAL elections.

The fucking FRENCH can do that, and know who won by 9:00 PM on election day.

Your "technology" has done nothing but fuck things up and muddy the waters.
In Florida (21 million population) we had 99% of the results in by 9:00 for the midterms. The only reason it took that late is because of the western part of the state was in the Central Time zone so we had to wait for them.

We vote in many different ways. If everyone voted online we could do the same.
EvilNO.jpg

Who's going to push the issue that far?
In today's society, there is always somebody with the time and money to push an issue, any issue.

I really can't think what the founders said on this. I do know what they said about us constantly interfering in the affairs of other countries.
From fed paper 53.

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison.

From fed paper 53.

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison.

George Washington knew better.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., has made a major deal with key holdout votes, but the House voted 216-214 to adjourn until noon Thursday.

Hammered out by the Club for Growth, the deal will move votes to McCarthy. Key to the agreement was the Congressional Leadership Fund to stay out of open primaries.

"This agreement on super PAC's fulfills a major concern we have pressed for," Club for Growth President David McIntosh wrote in a statement. "We understand that Leader McCarthy and Members are working on a rules agreement that will meet the principles we have set out previously. Assuming these principles are met, Club for Growth will support Kevin McCarthy for speaker."

The next vote is expected to move in McCarthy's favor, and it will be much closer. But that vote will have to come Thursday.

Not an answer....You excel at that.
Thanks. I'd run for office, but then I'd have to serve and would rather just vacation and fk off for the rest of my life.

Thanks. I'd run for office, but then I'd have to serve and would rather just vacation and fk off for the rest of my life.
Don't sell yourself short...You'd be perfect....You bullshit with non-answers with the best of them.

You're exactly the kind of wiggly, wobbly, wormy douchebag that has defined the GOP stable since Eisenhower.

Forum List

Back