McConnell Cannot Block Witnesses - Just Announced

So he's being impeached for doing his job.

Got it.

Next up we will go over why this is stupid.

That’s being awfully simplistic. Use of foreign policy for personal benefit isn’t his job.
Who gets to set foreign policy?

I thought we had that one covered.

As for the rest, you FEELING IT isn't factual. If there were proof I'd be against it. But instead we have a shit show from some dems who've been after Impeach 45 since day 1. I said long ago that you cry wolf often enough people just tune you out.

And witnesses decide not to show up.

If we proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Trump team has it covered because apparently even if he is using foreign policy to hurt his political opponents, that’s not impeachable.
Tell you what, prove it to that degree and I'm in.

So do you want to hear from all the witnesses then?

I would love to hear from Hunter Biden, Schiff and the Whistleblower as well. But, at this point I am satisfied with putting this mess behind us and moving on.

That’s being awfully simplistic. Use of foreign policy for personal benefit isn’t his job.

As for the rest, you FEELING IT isn't factual. If there were proof I'd be against it. But instead we have a shit show from some dems who've been after Impeach 45 since day 1. I said long ago that you cry wolf often enough people just tune you out.

If we proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Trump team has it covered because apparently even if he is using foreign policy to hurt his political opponents, that’s not impeachable.

I want to hear what was said by the ones who didn't show.
Agree.

So we have two options. Wait for a few years until this reaches the Supreme Court. Or have a handful of Senate Republicans agree that this is important enough to seek their testimony during the trial that is currently going on.

Now, as an objective person, which sounds like a better option?

The president has the ultimate authority which he can delegate at times.

Republicans aren’t calling witnesses. They could. It would be very easy for them to do. They aren’t. There’s only one reason.

Got it.

It isn't really. But the left keeps this lie going that Trump is after Biden because he's a political opponent and not because of him and his families extremely suspicious Ukrainian actives.

Which is why he immediately involved the DoJ, right?

Let me clarify for the English-impaired: there's no supporting evidence that Trump did anything impeachable, and since the allegations aren't about impeachable offenses, it doesn't matter if they're true or not.

And yes, I have heard of courts dismissing charges because the prosecution doesn't have a sufficient case. But one rarely hears of a prosecution doing such a shit job of preparing a case before bringing charges. That IS a pretty appalling farce of justice with the "impeachment".

And now we know that it’s perfect okay for the President to send the government after his political enemies solely because they’re political enemies.

We already knew that, after YOU hypocrites taught us it was so when Obama did it.

See. That’s the thing. You all pretend that Obama did something and use that as an excuse to actually do the exact same thing.

Annoying.

dang s0n.....you take a gander at your post count lately? YIKES.......well we can say this........you are on a pace to smash Joe B's record and nobody thought that was possible.

BTW.....nobody cares about the witnesses anymore.:2up:

A large majority of the country wants witnesses.

We don't decide procedure based on what stupid polls say. We decide if witnesses are needed based on if enough information was given or not.

if they called their witnesses what the fuck are they bitching about more for then? they should have done this then.

stop being intentionally an ass. it's bad when when you do it unintentionally.
Because the witnesses never showed up.

I’ve been more polite to you than you deserve. Wash your mouth out with soap before I change my mind.

I'm betting money that Ice isn't exactly shaking in his boots over the fear that a peurile 3rd-rate wackjob like you is going to be mean to him.
Why y’all so nasty all the time?
Idiots bring out the worst in us.
Yeah. I’m sure that’s it.
Keep going. I'll keep proving it.

I want to hear what was said by the ones who didn't show.
Agree.

So we have two options. Wait for a few years until this reaches the Supreme Court. Or have a handful of Senate Republicans agree that this is important enough to seek their testimony during the trial that is currently going on.

Now, as an objective person, which sounds like a better option?
Not putting the country through all this vendetta bullshit.

Stay within process and stop whining yall did it wrong.

they should have called better witnesses. point being, they had their time to do this. ended the game early, then sat on it for how long again doing nothing but accusing the right of POTENTIALLY not going along with them?

they're running a shit circus and dude, it ain't my fault you got season tickets.

and wow. the restraint...

They did call “better” witnesses. Those people refused to show up. So it went to trial. The Senate could have called them but they’d rather not. I guess they have no interest in hearing what happened.

Anyway, Dems will continue to fight Trump’s obstruction in court. Nothing was lost.

Good luck getting a court to force Trump to do anything in a situation that's already over. They don't want to get involved in fishing expeditions.

What’s over? Impeachment? There’s still oversight. Oversight doesn’t end just because the trial is over.

Yes, it does. The situation has been decided by both House and Senate. It's over.

If they wanted to get the court involved for the impeachment, they had every opportunity to do so. The court might have given them what they wanted too. But they couldn't wait. They rolled the dice, and they lost. Now they have to live with that.
No, it doesn’t. There’s nothing stopping Democrats from continuing to push for subpoenas to be honored in court.

No, there is nothing stopping them, but what real court would order subpoenas for a matter that was already settled? Anybody request those subpoenas would have to do so with the claim it's purely for politics and to interfere with the next election only.

we most certainly have different versions of what a spine would be.

Yeah? It sure takes a lot of spine to help Trump keep the truth about why he held up aid hidden. Sure.
this is your speculation.

but for shits and grins, who decides foreign policy again?

Republicans aren’t calling witnesses. They could. It would be very easy for them to do. They aren’t. There’s only one reason.

Got it.

So how do you prove he used it for personal benefits?

Yeah? It sure takes a lot of spine to help Trump keep the truth about why he held up aid hidden. Sure.

Got it.

You can't.

Ergo my problem with this.

So you're saying it's okay when the commies do it but not the other party. Hypocrisy much? There was no corruption because the guy wasn't elected yet. It had nothing to do with corruption, it had to do with using government agencies to stop a political opponent. Ears knew that if Hillary didn't win, all his so-called accomplishments would go right down the drain, and most of them did.

You keep saying Trump was a political opponent. That’s false. They weren’t running against each other.

Obama was doing it for the benefit of the country. Trump was running for President. That’s a really big deal.

Trump promised that one of his first issues would be to eliminate Commie Care. That's the only thing Obama was noted for. He wanted a Trump defeat so that Hillary would protect his prize possession. He also knew our economy could do much better with lower taxes and regulations. You know, that magic wand Hussein talked about? He knew Trump had that magic wand.
So are you saying that makes Trump a political opponent?

I suppose this would make Biden a political opponent of Trump then.
Biden seeks to undo several Trump immigration policies in first 100 days in new immigration proposal

No, I didn't say that. What I said is Trump was Hillary's opponent, and a Hillary win would have protected DumBama's legacy. That's what I said.

So were they political opponents or not? How is it any different than Trump/Biden?

You really don’t have to die on this hill. It’s okay to admit if you’re wrong.

How am I wrong? DumBama had a reason to see Trump defeated. Nobody can deny that. Therefore it's not unreasonable to assume he was instrumental in that goal.

Got it.

It isn't really. But the left keeps this lie going that Trump is after Biden because he's a political opponent and not because of him and his families extremely suspicious Ukrainian actives.

No, he didn't involve the DOJ, and there is no law that said he has to. As the President of this country, he has every right to look into suspicious matters involving US diplomats. If and when he finds something, he will contact the DOJ to start an investigation into what he found.

You keep saying Trump was a political opponent. That’s false. They weren’t running against each other.

Obama was doing it for the benefit of the country. Trump was running for President. That’s a really big deal.

Trump promised that one of his first issues would be to eliminate Commie Care. That's the only thing Obama was noted for. He wanted a Trump defeat so that Hillary would protect his prize possession. He also knew our economy could do much better with lower taxes and regulations. You know, that magic wand Hussein talked about? He knew Trump had that magic wand.

Biden seeks to undo several Trump immigration policies in first 100 days in new immigration proposal

No, I didn't say that. What I said is Trump was Hillary's opponent, and a Hillary win would have protected DumBama's legacy. That's what I said.

So were they political opponents or not? How is it any different than Trump/Biden?

How am I wrong? DumBama had a reason to see Trump defeated. Nobody can deny that. Therefore it's not unreasonable to assume he was instrumental in that goal.

Just like Trump has a reason to see Biden defeated.

No, he didn't involve the DOJ, and there is no law that said he has to. As the President of this country, he has every right to look into suspicious matters involving US diplomats. If and when he finds something, he will contact the DOJ to start an investigation into what he found.
Never said there was a law that he has to do anything of the sort.

It just is extremely suspicious that he wouldn’t.

The DOJ and the FBI are still crooked. They can't be trusted by Trump.

They did call “better” witnesses. Those people refused to show up. So it went to trial. The Senate could have called them but they’d rather not. I guess they have no interest in hearing what happened.

Anyway, Dems will continue to fight Trump’s obstruction in court. Nothing was lost.

Good luck getting a court to force Trump to do anything in a situation that's already over. They don't want to get involved in fishing expeditions.

What’s over? Impeachment? There’s still oversight. Oversight doesn’t end just because the trial is over.

Yes, it does. The situation has been decided by both House and Senate. It's over.

If they wanted to get the court involved for the impeachment, they had every opportunity to do so. The court might have given them what they wanted too. But they couldn't wait. They rolled the dice, and they lost. Now they have to live with that.
No, it doesn’t. There’s nothing stopping Democrats from continuing to push for subpoenas to be honored in court.

No, there is nothing stopping them, but what real court would order subpoenas for a matter that was already settled? Anybody request those subpoenas would have to do so with the claim it's purely for politics and to interfere with the next election only.
Who says it’s been settled?

The court isn’t ordering a subpoena. They are just deciding if the executive has a legal reason to refuse to honor them. Congress has clear oversight authority. It’s up to the Trump team to give a reason why they can refuse.

If he ends up being Trump's opponent, then he will have a reason. Right now, and even back in July, he had no reason because Biden was not his opponent yet. It's a made-up lie by the Democrats. On the other hand, Trump was Hillary's opponent. Apples and oranges.

The DOJ and the FBI are still crooked. They can't be trusted by Trump.

Nonsense. He’s appointed the head of the FBI. He’s appointed every federal attorney. He’s appointed the AG. He already trusts them to investigate the investigation into his campaign.

Good try. Doesn’t stand to scrutiny though.

If he ends up being Trump's opponent, then he will have a reason. Right now, and even back in July, he had no reason because Biden was not his opponent yet. It's a made-up lie by the Democrats. On the other hand, Trump was Hillary's opponent. Apples and oranges.

But as you pointed out, just because they aren’t on the same ballot, doesn’t mean they aren’t opponents. Remember, you claimed Obama was Trump’s opponent.

Got it.

It’s not easy but motive is proven all the time with circumstantial evidence.

Got it.

It’s not easy but motive is proven all the time with circumstantial evidence.
Name the cases.

Forum List

Back