McDonald’s CA franchisee on new minimum wage: "The sheer scale of the impact is just breathtaking"

But 15 million Southern Brown pouring in to run weedeaters is fine with the loon up above posting his faggitty BS. Too stupid not to drown in a rainstorm is the creepy Kansan maggot.

You can make nearly $1000/mo Tax free in CA just sleeping on the street in SFO. Why work? Deal, sleep, collect, repeat. Cant affird to go to work and pay $2K rent.

Dont you mean somewhat less than 2 Big Mac meals at $11-12 each?

One and a half meals is more realistic
Currently a Big MAC in CA costs around$5.11 add 3$ to make it a meal and we're at $8.

Doordash will deliver a BigMac Meal with a medium drink for$10 in Beverly Hills.

what are you babbling about ? What part of no longer competitive don’t you understand? Move it or close the company? To keep some jobs here for Americans.

Excuse me, I ASSumed you pegged for at least above avg board Marxist IQ. My mistake. You’re another deflector or spinner. Bye bye red loon.

firk this touch type silly liitle tablet phine screen too! You clowns aren’t worth it!
Sounds like someone got caught with his hyperbole showing.

Currently a Big MAC in CA costs around$5.11 add 3$ to make it a meal and we're at $8.

Doordash will deliver a BigMac Meal with a medium drink for$10 in Beverly Hills.
I estimate that meal will cost $11-12 soon

Is there any doubt in your mind that workers will lose their job?

The problem is we pay more than the factories outside the US.

So pay people less to get competitive?

You really aren't thinking this through.
Toyota Camry Chevy Monte Carlo
Sony TV or who makes TVs in the US?

Why is it that these are successful while cheaper American brands are not?

QUALITY

Look up "planned obsolescence" for reference.

I estimate that meal will cost $11-12 soon

Is there any doubt in your mind that workers will lose their job?
Are you saying that good management is keeping and paying unnecessary workers?

So, yes, I doubt any necessary employees will lose their jobs.

Based on a review many years ago, the finances of these franchises are rather complicated. There are several legal entities involved. Some entity (or person) owns the land, another entity owns the building, and a third entity owns the business/restaurant, which is operated to be a break-even proposition. So the franchisor gets a taste, the land owner gets a taste, the building owner gets a taste, and the restaurant probably breaks even.

Basic human labor is a commodity, just like buns, hamburgers, and toilet paper. When the cost of human labor is artificially increased beyond its economic value, the restaurant will use less of it (layoffs and hour reductions), they will use automation (kiosks) where possible, they will outsource whatever is possible, and prices will increase.

The restaurant will seek to hire or replace existing employees with employees of a "higher caliber" so that they can be more productive.

But these franchises represent a substantial investment, and they will not be abandoned en masse. The franchisees will try like hell to make a go of it. There will be some employees who actually benefit from the higher MW, and a larger number who will have their hours cut or be laid off.

Are you saying that good management is keeping and paying unnecessary workers?

So, yes, I doubt any necessary employees will lose their jobs.
If prices rise, sales will go down, and some workers may lose their jobs

They can find one now because they are paying it, thus removing the opportunities for the only worth $10 or $15 people.

You can't just use a labor cost vs. overall burger cost. plenty of other things go into that cost. But of course you don't understand that because you are an economic moron.
So that is a no. Thanks.

If prices rise, sales will go down, and some workers may lose their jobs
Why raise prices?
Why not accept a little less profit?
Which will happen if prices are raised.

The US minimum wage hasn't moved in two decades.
Still, prices went up.
Maybe labor costs aren't the real reason for price increases?

Forum List

Back