McDonald’s CA franchisee on new minimum wage: "The sheer scale of the impact is just breathtaking"

Ohhhh....

You mean like they moved all those clothing and furniture companies to the south...Then moved them overseas.

Is that what you mean?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pathetic attempt to come back. 2/10.

You do know the way to make American goods more viable right?

Tariffs on imports. Do you support that?

What many owners will do is replace people with robots

Not a good thing when biden is ushering in millions of illegal aliens/fake asylum seekers the we are required to take care of
Will the robots get government subsidies too?

if it comes to “can no longer compete” or forced to move MFG to save and keep some jobs in America? Uh….GOVT allowed the Chinese, Japanese and Koreans to dump goods in here. Nothing us easy as you should understand.
That doesn't sound like a Carter decision.
That sounds like a management decision.
To increase profits.

Perhaps you have something that shows Democrats forcing companies to move overseas?

By using an equation for "physics work" just because the word work is involved? That's retarded.

Basic economics says labor added is the same thing as a material cost, with the same rules at the end that predict the lowest price a person can sell said product to at minimum break even, and at best make some form of profit.

If you raise the cost of labor beyond the value of the labor, then you either have to reduce the cost of that labor, raise the cost of your product, for find savings somewhere else.
Yes...I was trying to see if you thought there was an employee at an average McDonalds that could really produce $20 worth of labor.

Pathetic attempt to come back. 2/10.

You do know the way to make American goods more viable right?

Tariffs on imports. Do you support that?
How about ...
Now stay with me on this...
This is some real out of the box thinking...

MAKING BETTER PRODUCTS

1713019716405.png

1713019956431.png

I'm buying the Camry because of the quality, not the price.

I would support significant tariffs on exported raw materials and imported finished products.
I'd use that money to subsidize the import of raw materials...
But then other countries would do the same so...

Attachments

• 1713019855217.png
    1713019855217.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
This thread illustrates perfectly how economically illiterate a large section of the population is. The American public education system gets high marks for producing workers, which is what it was designed to do.

It would take just one lecture on the failure of central planning throughout history to give kids a clue, but they don't even get that. So, we are left with a bunch of morons who think state mandated wages is a good idea.

Ok, so the owner buys fewer avocado toasts instead of the corporate CEO, who could ease the "burden" of having employees that aren't government subsidized by lowering the franchise payments.
So a little quick math.

McDonald's actually already has one of the lowest franchise payments in the fast food industry, at 4% of revenue.
The average McD's makes $3.5 Million in revenue. 4% of that is $140,000. The average store has roughly 50 employees across all shifts.

If we confiscated the entire franchise fee, and gave it to the workers, it would be roughly $1 an hour, after you removed taxes and benefits from the wages.

Of course without the Franchise fee, the store owner would have to take over the many things that McD Corporate provides to the Franchise, such as sourcing products. The store owner would have to make contracts with beef suppliers and so on. They would have to hire their own supply chains. Setup their own kitchens with ovens and fryers, and buy their own registers and operating systems to run everything. Not to mention come up with their own products. Every time you see a store come up with a new product like the Orange Frosty, or the Angus Burger, those are products that corporate designed, and setup a supply chain to allow franchises to sell.
All that and benefits and HR services for hiring and training, and so on, all that would have to be provided by the store owner.

So even with that $140,000 less in franchise fees, the owner of the store would have to spend likely half or most of that providing those services.

So I think we would likely see about a 25¢ hourly increase per worker by reducing the franchise fee. That's a pretty generous estimate.

So you really think that an employee at an average McDonalds can really produce $20.00 worth of labor? I’m curious...how many burgers do you think that equals (hamburgers being their #1 item)?
The better question is how many burgers can a McDonalds sell with no employees?

3 Big Mac meals (small fry, small drink) will cover 1 hour of labor.
Assuming 7 employees on a shift that's about $160 gross labor cost for 1 hour
or
The equivalent of about 25 Big Mac meals.

The better question is how many burgers can a McDonalds sell with no employees?

3 Big Mac meals (small fry, small drink) will cover 1 hour of labor.
Assuming 7 employees on a shift that's about $160 gross labor cost for 1 hour
or
The equivalent of about 25 Big Mac meals.
Dont you mean somewhat less than 2 Big Mac meals at $11-12 each?

One and a half meals is more realistic

That doesn't sound like a Carter decision.
That sounds like a management decision.
To increase profits.

Perhaps you have something that shows Democrats forcing companies to move overseas?

what are you babbling about ? What part of no longer competitive don’t you understand? Move it or close the company? To keep some jobs here for Americans.

Excuse me, I ASSumed you pegged for at least above avg board Marxist IQ. My mistake. You’re another deflector or spinner. Bye bye red loon.

firk this touch type silly liitle tablet phine screen too! You clowns aren’t worth it!

So you really think that an employee at an average McDonalds can really produce $20.00 worth of labor? I’m curious...how many burgers do you think that equals (hamburgers being their #1 item)?

They can find one now because they are paying it, thus removing the opportunities for the only worth $10 or $15 people.

You can't just use a labor cost vs. overall burger cost. plenty of other things go into that cost. But of course you don't understand that because you are an economic moron.

How about ...
Now stay with me on this...
This is some real out of the box thinking...

MAKING BETTER PRODUCTS

View attachment 931478

View attachment 931483

I'm buying the Camry because of the quality, not the price.

I would support significant tariffs on exported raw materials and imported finished products.
I'd use that money to subsidize the import of raw materials...
But then other countries would do the same so...

So you are saying American workers suck?

What subsidies does McDonalds get?

The feds pay a large portion of their employee's salaries.
After they lose their job the government will pay 100%

And, its not businesses fault if government chooses to wipe every nose

A better approach is no subsidy for the workers

That will put pressure on the marketplace to pay higher wages because the workers will demand it

But that only works when biden isnt flooding the labor pool with illegal aliens

Forum List

Back