McDonalds Introduces Self Serving Kiosks in Response to Min Wage Increase

No automated kiosk will ever be able to make a better burger than me.

LMFAO! Never had an artisan burger at a McDonalds.

Grill competence aside, I'm pretty sure Robby the Robot can be programmed to insert Big Mac patties in the microwave and punch buttons every bit as efficiently as you do.
You don't know jack shit about making a burger.

Last edited:
Look, I don't care what anyone else's opinion is on McDonald's food, but stay the fuck off my Sausage McMuffin's!!! I love those things, my husband brings them home for me occasionally as a surprise and I get all wiggly over it. I had boycotted my local McDonald's and forced my husband to drive 15 miles into the big city to get them for me for ten years lol

Grill competence aside, I'm pretty sure Robby the Robot can be programmed to insert Big Mac patties in the microwave and punch buttons every bit as efficiently as you do.
You don't jack shit about making a burger.

How do you assess someone's cooking ability based on one short comment on a message board? And how is it that you feel the need to retaliate to that comment? Did I insult you? My apologies.

Here, allow me to make it up to you. You are WAY better at putting Big Mac patties in a microwave than any robot could ever be. You are also the greatest fry cook out there, and the way that you drop that basket into the oil gets all the pussies wet. And the McNuggets that come out of your steamer tray taste infinitely better than those that come out of some kiosk's steamer tray. Even though there's little to no actual cooking involved in assembling McDonalds items, the mere fact that it is your hands removing the ingredients from the microwaves totally makes them taste better. Is there some actual place, like a temple, perhaps, that I could go to pay homage to your ability to slap pre-apportioned servings of various condiments onto sesame seed buns that were cranked out of a factory? I wish for nothing more than to worship you.

How do you assess someone's cooking ability based on one short comment on a message board? And how is it that you feel the need to retaliate to that comment? Did I insult you? My apologies.

Here, allow me to make it up to you. You are WAY better at putting Big Mac patties in a microwave than any robot could ever be. You are also the greatest fry cook out there, and the way that you drop that basket into the oil gets all the pussies wet. And the McNuggets that come out of your steamer tray taste infinitely better than those that come out of some kiosk's steamer tray. Even though there's little to no actual cooking involved in assembling McDonalds items, the mere fact that it is your hands removing the ingredients from the microwaves totally makes them taste better. Is there some actual place, like a temple, perhaps, that I could go to pay homage to your ability to slap pre-apportioned servings of various condiments onto sesame seed buns that were cranked out of a factory? I wish for nothing more than to worship you.
Your ignorance is showing.

Lol, wtf are you even talking about? All I said, in a roundabout way, was that cooking ability has nothing to do with working at McDonalds. The people in their kitchen don't actually cook burgers, yet you responded as though I insulted you. One of us is putting some ignorance on display, but it ain't me.

Lol, wtf are you even talking about? All I said, in a roundabout way, was that cooking ability has nothing to do with working at McDonalds. The people in their kitchen don't actually cook burgers, yet you responded as though I insulted you. One of us is putting some ignorance on display, but it ain't me.
Ignorant people think McDonalds cooks Big Macs in a microwave.

The average McDonalds nets $156,000 on 2.6 million dollars in yearly sales. If they can't afford a wage increase out of the $156,000 how they hell are they going to purchase expensive automation equipment?

The Ugly Truth About Ed Rensi

Did you read the article you quoted? McDonalds head office takes 35% of that $2.6 million for rent, franchise fees and various other charges.

Considering that McDonalds made 9 billion net profit last year, they could certainly afford to adjust those fees to assist franchise owners with changes in the minimum wage.

McDonalds in Canada manages to pay $12 per hour and our prices are lower on some items that they are in the US. So does Walmart. Both corporations are very profitable in Canada. Puts the lie to the idea that these companies can't afford a wage hike.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Ignorant people think McDonalds cooks Big Macs in a microwave.

Fair enough, some locations have press grills. They take the patty out of the package, set it on the flat top, and push the cover down. After the timed cook, the cover lifts, and the burger perfection engineer peels the patty off the flat top with a spatula and sets it on the bun. Yeah, total genius gig. I can't believe anyone would condone allowing a robot to perform such a nuanced task as setting a patty down and waiting for a timed function to occur. Surely a job such as that requires a true arteest. And yeah, trying to compare setting a burger patty onto a flat top, closing the cover, and waiting for the timer, to something like microwaving. . . wtf was I thinking? No similarity there whatsoever!

This all has to do with giving the unions instant raises.

If the minimum wage goes up then the union workers et automatic raises.

The average McDonalds nets $156,000 on 2.6 million dollars in yearly sales. If they can't afford a wage increase out of the $156,000 how they hell are they going to purchase expensive automation equipment?

Did you read the article you quoted? McDonalds head office takes 35% of that $2.6 million for rent, franchise fees and various other charges.

Considering that McDonalds made 9 billion net profit last year, they could certainly afford to adjust those fees to assist franchise owners with changes in the minimum wage.

McDonalds in Canada manages to pay $12 per hour and our prices are lower on some items that they are in the US. So does Walmart. Both corporations are very profitable in Canada. Puts the lie to the idea that these companies can't afford a wage hike.

Not to mention the fact that they are sitting on boatloads of cash. McDonalds has done well this year, especially after implementing their all day breakfast menu.

See how the far left does not understand how McDonalds works..

They do not under how a franchise business model works!

Silly far left drones!

SO what. Unions rock!

If they did then they would learn how to compete instead of using the far left to make them the ruling class..

But then again the far left does support thuggery and intimidation as part of doing business!

SO what. Unions rock!

If they did then they would learn how to compete instead of using the far left to make them the ruling class..

But then again the far left does support thuggery and intimidation as part of doing business!
I'm a union cement mason. I bet I make more money than you. And yes Barry, I did make those roads and bridges. So fuck off you lazy bitch.

SO what. Unions rock!

I'm a union cement mason. I bet I make more money than you. And yes Barry, I did make those roads and bridges. So fuck off you lazy bitch.

It would be in your best interest not to make such blind bets!

Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers

And unions had a purpose at one point now they just fund the DNC..

Top Organization Contributors | OpenSecrets

If this happens, McDonald's reveals what's truly important to them. Either they're going to create jobs for humans, or jobs for machines. Either way, we'll see their true colors soon enough, and respond accordingly by refusing to eat there if they value profit dollars over jobs.

Businesses do not open up to provide jobs. Businesses do not open up to provide living wages. Businesses do not open up as a social obligation. Businesses open up to provide products or services for a profit. That's it.

Last edited:

Again, it has nothing to do with what McDonald's can afford, it has to do with paying people a wage the job is worth. Only a fool would pay somebody more money than they need to.

Look, I don't care what anyone else's opinion is on McDonald's food, but stay the fuck off my Sausage McMuffin's!!! I love those things, my husband brings them home for me occasionally as a surprise and I get all wiggly over it. I had boycotted my local McDonald's and forced my husband to drive 15 miles into the big city to get them for me for ten years lol

Agree. If you really want to try something good for breakfast, try their Big Breakfast with Hotcakes. If you're not completely full after that, something is terribly wrong with you. :banana::banana:

Forum List

Back