McDonalds Opening 6500 sq ft Restaurant WHERE KIOSKS WILL TAKE YOUR ORDER

Starter jobs will soon be a thing of the past, congradulations

View attachment 71956

Total automation provides a gazillion of jobs for skilled and high paid industrial electricians and mechanics.

LOL...I'm curious, Xband...how many of the people now working as minimum wage employees do you think are going to be qualified for those jobs as electricians and mechanics?

LOL...I'm curious, Xband...how many of the people now working as minimum wage employees do you think are going to be qualified for those jobs as electricians and mechanics?

The bigger question is how many people that employee electricians and mechanics want to pay them no more than minimum wage?

I'm sorry 1%er but that post bordered on unfathomable. What were you trying to say to me?

Starter jobs will soon be a thing of the past, congradulations

View attachment 71956

Total automation provides a gazillion of jobs for skilled and high paid industrial electricians and mechanics.

The bigger question is how many people that employee electricians and mechanics want to pay them no more than minimum wage?

I'm sorry 1%er but that post bordered on unfathomable. What were you trying to say to me?

American workers are working harder for less money.

Overworked America: 12 Charts That Will Make Your Blood Boil

High average numbers that include benefits.

I'll just quote the source I linked since they cover that quite well imo. Those are the 2015 Median rates; "The wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. Median wage data are from the BLS Occupational Employment Statistics survey. In May 2015, the median annual wage for all workers was $36,200."

As I said it varies from state to state, our eldest son is a slightly specialized automotive mechanic (RV tech) making $26/h w/benefits, our middle son is an airplane refuler (not a mechanic, but considered a "tech") makes $30/h w/benefits. My husband is a master certified RV tech as well, (technically, since he hit the moose and broke his back he's become a service writer up front which might become permanent; everyone is loving having an overqualified service writer up front to make things run smooth like butter,) anyway he made $25/h w/o benefits (mostly because we're partial owners - profit sharing is 70% of the annual profit split 4 ways.)

I think the pay structure for mechanics has changed up here due to the poor economy, but his prior two mechanic positions (RV tech and a diesel mechanic for a tour company) were both paid flat rate so there was actually no limit on his potential hourly pay rate (Basically they had a price sheet for every job, like changing the black tanks paid $100 and they had 30mins to do the job; so the more efficiently one could get things done the more money they were paid.) He regularly made $50-$60k during the 3-4 month summers, then would work 30 hours a week during the winter for a reduced rate of $18/h. I think the most he made from those in any one year was $80k when they were down to only two mechanics due to high competition for mechanics. For a while there, the tour company was going under due to bad management, and he was working three jobs, two of them flat rate, plus was the on-call mechanic for a small dental fleet for one of the investors in the tour company, and his motor route. He'd put in 8 hours at the tour company, then 8 hours at the RV place, and 4 hours doing his silly motor route (which I /just/ finally convinced him to quit last year due to his neck healing funky) -- he didn't even bother coming home, would shower at the tour company and slept in the parking lot lol (FREAK) on the other hand $200,000 a year lol

Forum List

Back