McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

Then "one" should team up with co-workers to be roomates.

You don't always get to move up. If you're keen for the government to raise the minimum wage as your only way of ever earning more, you aren't on the fast track up the ladder to begin with.

Again, what is your solution?

Address the jobs sending the work overseas. They want to send jobs overseas but they still want the government here to protect their interests. If you want your business to be in China, take your complaints to China.

McDonald's unveils first automated location, social media worried it will cut 'millions' of jobs

Customers can fully avoid interacting with any humans during their order and pickup

McDonald’s opened its first automated restaurant, with machines handling everything from taking orders to delivering the food – and dividing opinions everywhere.

"When you step inside the test restaurant concept, you'll notice it's considerably smaller than a traditional McDonald's restaurant in the U.S.," McDonald’s said in a statement. "Why? The features—inside and outside—are geared toward customers who are planning to dine at home or on the go."

The Fort Worth, Texas, location uses technology to minimize human interaction when ordering and picking up food. The restaurant features an "Order Ahead Lane" where customers can receive orders by conveyor belt, Newsweek reported.

The initiative is part of McDonald’s "Accelerating the Arches" plan, which works to grow and innovate the customer experience, but not everyone is pleased with the direction the restaurant chain has chosen.

Oh well. Actions have consequences. We all said it would happen with $15/hr LiVaBlE wAgE and shitty workers.
/———/ And just like that, those demanding $25 an hour for low skill jobs are left with their chins on the floor.

Address the jobs sending the work overseas. They want to send jobs overseas but they still want the government here to protect their interests. If you want your business to be in China, take your complaints to China.
Banning the sending of jobs overseas is another topic, that you should start a thread about.

What is your solution to loss of jobs due to automation?

Getting rid of unions has been in the works for a long time. Once they're all gone, workers can really take it on the chin.
/——-/ Unions make it difficult to join on purpose.
Thus, whenever they can, unions attempt to gain control over entry into the labor market. They seek to impose apprenticeship programs, or to have licensing requirements imposed by the government. Such measures are for the purpose of holding down the supply of labor in the field and thereby enabling those fortunate enough to be admitted to it, to earn higher incomes. Even when the unions do not succeed in directly reducing the supply of labor, the imposition of their above-market wage demands still has the effect of reducing the number of jobs offered in the field and thus the supply of labor in the field that is able to find work.

Last edited:
Banning the sending of jobs overseas is another topic, that you should start a thread about.

What is your solution to loss of jobs due to automation?

I stated it. That you can't understand a simple concept is not something I can control.

What is old is new again. ;)

hth-automat-2.jpg

3.jpg
/——/ I ate at the NYC automat back in 1972. It was cool.

/——-/ Unions make it diff to join on purpose.

They certainly do. When I was a youth, I tried to get into the steelworkers unions when I heard how much they got paid. You had to know someone and be connected, otherwise they told you to fuck off.

The idea was to keep the supply of "unionized" workers limited, so if a joint wanted to be union they had to pay.

Fast food service is going the way of agricultural jobs. They are becoming mechanized. The scab is being torn off the myth of the need for low skilled labor. Mass deportations will have to happen or let these vertebrates die in the streets.

There is an amusing aspect to this. We told them that the demand for higher wages would result in replacement by machines.
Become a vending machine repairman.
There is an opportunity...learn to fix the automation...charge $100 per hour. They can afford it

For every ATM tech probably 6 to 10 bank cashiers lost a job.

Sooner or later the numbers are not going to work in our favor.
/——/ True, but there are other skilled jobs in that and other industries. Are you suggesting people displaced by automation should just give up?

/——/ True, but there are other skilled jobs in that and other industries. Are you suggesting people displaced by automation should just give up?

Not at all, I am saying that at some point in the future we will run out of "replacement" jobs for those displaced by technology.

This is an interesting read on what some see coming.

Amazon product ASIN 1595620559

Forum List

Back