... Meanwhile in France ...

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Apparently cries of "fascism" and "Gestapo" no longer deter the French. They have seen the enemy and understand their agenda. As such another mosque has been shut (the 4th since France's latest Islamist attack), another 9 Islamists placed under house arrest and prohibited 22 more from leaving the country.

It seems the Paris attack was the straw that broke the camel's back. Look for more of Europe to follow France's lead.

I wonder if America is prepared to look this insidious enemy in the eye and act.

France shuts mosque, arrests man in crackdown after attacks

Apparently cries of "fascism" and "Gestapo" no longer deter the French. They have seen the enemy and understand their agenda. As such another mosque has been shut (the 4th since France's latest Islamist attack), another 9 Islamists placed under house arrest and prohibited 22 more from leaving the country.

It seems the Paris attack was the straw that broke the camel's back. Look for more of Europe to follow France's lead.

I wonder if America is prepared to look this insidious enemy in the eye and act.

I hope you are right about breaking the camel's back. I fear you are not both in the USA and Europe.

...another mosque has been shut (the 4th since France's latest Islamist attack)...
This is going to be a long and difficult struggle, and I don't see how it can be "won" to any degree until and unless what is being said and preached inside Western mosques is changed.

I also don't see how that is accomplished.

Not likely, pretty soon the bed wetters will be calling the frogs right wing nazi's or some other insipid bullshit.

...another mosque has been shut (the 4th since France's latest Islamist attack)...
This is going to be a long and difficult struggle, and I don't see how it can be "won" to any degree until and unless what is being said and preached inside Western mosques is changed.

Close down the mosques and ship those carpet pilots back to the shithole middle east where they belong.

We in the West cannot end Islam's pendulum-like swings from liberalism to fundamentalism. Some voices within that community - including but not limited to Egyptian Prez el Sisi - are sounding the alarm about what is currently taught and preached in mosques which may presage a return, albeit temporary, to a kinder gentler Islam. Without the kind of real reform, however, in which Europe's Christians engaged 5 centuries ago, I fear any liberalization will be followed by another round of vicious fundamentalism.

From Mark Lilla's, Politics of God:

"Today, we have progressed to the point where our problems again resemble those of the 16th century, as we find ourselves entangled in conflicts over competing revelations, dogmatic purity and divine duty. We in the West are disturbed and confused. Though we have our own fundamentalists, we find it incomprehensible that theological ideas still stir up messianic passions, leaving societies in ruin. We had assumed this was no longer possible, that human beings had learned to separate religious questions from political ones, that fanaticism was dead. We were wrong...

In the end, though, what happens on the opposite shore will not be up to us. We have little reason to expect societies in the grip of a powerful political theology to follow our unusual path, which was opened up by a unique crisis within Christian civilization. This does not mean that those societies necessarily lack the wherewithal to create a decent and workable political order; it does mean that they will have to find the theological resources within their own traditions to make it happen."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/magazine/19Religion-t.html

If France is closing mosques and putting muslims in quarantine------
its going to be HOLY HELL in Germany and Austria----and----even Belgium

Forum List

Back