Media Matters donors Revealed

That's not what that law refers to - that refers to campaigns. Not "politics" in general.

MediaMatters doesn't do "Voter Education". They do media commentary.

There are no laws that restrict the political opinions and biases of non-profit organizations.
really? Well, I just posted the entire law, from YOUR link, and I don't see any such distinction made. Perhaps I'm missing it. Could you highlight it for me please?

The law refers to restrictions on involvement with political campaigns. It's in the title of the page.

As I said before, I know this law because I work for a political 501c3, in a political context.

I know what "Voter Education" refers to in the context of the law because that's what I do for a living.

It doesn't restrict an organization from having a bias, or political opinions. The only restrictions are placed on activities relating directly to political campaigns.

I stand corrected.

Look up Koch brothers and the tea party, it isn't that hard. And there is plenty of proof. If you are too stupid to do so I will provide proof, but I have posted it a few times and if right wingers are too stupid to figure out on their own who the Koch brothers fund well that is their problem.
Oh! And look into who thrown Tea Party fundraisers, and who sits on the boards of these groups that throw the parties. ;)

Fuck of Luissa.

You might want to look into who funds Barry and the left. Unless your to stupid that is.

I don't have to, plenty of right wingers have provided that info. Of course I was smart enough to remember.
and what is Fuck of Luissa? Do I have my own brand of Fuck now?

Plenty of lefties to let everyone know who funds the right as well. Yes I do remember. Just as well as you do.

I don't know. Do you have your own brand of Fuck??

Fuck of Luissa.

You might want to look into who funds Barry and the left. Unless your to stupid that is.

I don't have to, plenty of right wingers have provided that info. Of course I was smart enough to remember.

Plenty of lefties to let everyone know who funds the right as well. Yes I do remember. Just as well as you do.

Obviously not, because it has been posted many times who funds the Tea party.

And maybe I do...........because my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.:eusa_shhh:

Yeah! You tell her who is the real stupidhead!

You can fuck off to ARty.

Tissue?

Love your Bruins by the way. LOL

How they doing this year??

Let's see, even after a crappy month long stretch the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Boston Bruins, sit number two in the Eastern Conference.

Super. Living in Florida I don't get to watch them as much as I used to. ESPN may carry a game with the Bruins now and then and I try to catch em.

I know its way early but How they looking for the SC this year??

Obviously not, because it has been posted many times who funds the Tea party.

And maybe I do...........because my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.:eusa_shhh:

Oh Brother.

really? Well, I just posted the entire law, from YOUR link, and I don't see any such distinction made. Perhaps I'm missing it. Could you highlight it for me please?

The law refers to restrictions on involvement with political campaigns. It's in the title of the page.

As I said before, I know this law because I work for a political 501c3, in a political context.

I know what "Voter Education" refers to in the context of the law because that's what I do for a living.

It doesn't restrict an organization from having a bias, or political opinions. The only restrictions are placed on activities relating directly to political campaigns.

I stand corrected.

wait what? WHAT? This is a political message board, sir. Standing corrected is not an option. By etiquette, your job is to dig in your heals, paint yourself into a corner, then lash out by questioning the manhood of the poster's father or the sexual predilection of the poster's wife.

I stand corrected.

wait what? WHAT? This is a political message board, sir. Standing corrected is not an option. By etiquette, your job is to dig in your heals, paint yourself into a corner, then lash out by questioning the manhood of the poster's father or the sexual predilection of the poster's wife.

Yep. :lol:

Because he didn't, I repped him. Gotta respect when someone has some civility around here.

I stand corrected.

Because he didn't, I repped him. Gotta respect when someone has some civility around here.

keep in mind I still don't agree with MMA keeping their tax exempt status. However, I'll have to do some diggin to come up with an example of their breaking the rules. Like Mulder said.. the truth is out there.

keep in mind I still don't agree with MMA keeping their tax exempt status. However, I'll have to do some diggin to come up with an example of their breaking the rules. Like Mulder said.. the truth is out there.

I personally don't know if they are breaking the currents laws, but I dont think groups like Media Matters, 700 Club, and the Heritage Foundation should be able to file under the tax exempt status they currently file under. These large organizations have figured out a tax loop hole. The right and the left have figured out a way to funnel their money into organizations that will spread their message, and can write it off at the same time.

Media Matters' audience is liberals, in other words they are preaching to the choir. It's good the the right doesn't fall for any resources that preach to the choir.

Seriously, I see hypocrisy from both sides of the aisle. Both sides are as guilty as the other for supporting or using resources like the Media Matters of the world..

Here ya' go......have some gubmint-approved NUGGETS, while you're workin'-on-it!!

homemade-chicken-nuggets.jpg

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

*waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah*

Yea, I can understand why the left wing hacks are crying. This seriously blows their claims about media neutrality out of existence. Which will be helpful over the coming months... what with there being an election in November. Corruption in the media, with the direct involvement of the Obama Administration... that is soooo not gonna play well for him.

"19 journalists and media executives, including five from the Washington Post and three each from ABC and CNN, who’ve gone into the administration or center-left groups supporting the president.

Those inside the administration hit 14 this month when the Post’s Stephen Barr joined the Labor Department. "

"“There is a vast supply of liberals in newsrooms, they are very happy to support Obama administration policies if they can get hired and they barely hide their ideology in the way they cover the news.”

"“It’s frustrating to see so many reporters that had relationships with trusted sources give up their ‘impartiality’ and start playing for the other side. It does show that the game is stacked in favor of the other side when most reporters still working in their profession remain silent.”

Record 19 reporters, media execs join Team Obama | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

well well..

SNIP:

Left-wing foundations lavish millions on Media Matters

Published: 12:50 AM 02/17/2012 | Updated: 1:06 AM 02/17/2012

By David Martosko, The Daily Caller

Relying on tax returns and websites of wealthy U.S. foundations, a Daily Caller investigation has revealed the sources of more than $28.8 million in funding collected by the liberal Media Matters for America since 2003, the year before its formal incorporation. That sum represents 54 percent of every dollar the organization has raised in its history, making Media Matters a principally foundation-driven — not citizen-supported — activist group.

The list of Media Matters’ foundation funders, 120 in all, reads like a Who’s Who of the American progressive movement, including the far-left Tides Foundation ($4,384,702), George Soros’ Open Society Institutes ($1,075,000), the Ford Foundation ($966,466), the Sandler Foundation ($400,000) — endowed by subprime mortgage lenders Herb and Marion Sandler, who once bankrolled the embattled ACORN organization — and the Schumann Fund for Media and Democracy ($600,000), managed by longtime PBS host Bill Moyers and his son.

They also include the anti-George W. Bush organization MoveOn.org ($50,000), the Barbra Streisand Foundation ($85,000), the kids’ shoes-powered Stride Rite Charitable Foundation ($25,000), the Lear Family Foundation ($55,000) — endowed by the TV producer and People for the American Way founder Norman Lear — and the Joyce Foundation ($400,000), whose board of directors included Barack Obama from 1994 to 2002.

(RELATED: See the list of Media Matters’ foundation donors)
http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/MMFA-donors-THE-DAILY-CALLER.pdf

lots of comments at site
Read more: Media Matters

Wow, it's a pretty rich site.

Here ya' go......have some gubmint-approved NUGGETS, while you're workin'-on-it!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

how's that new, way smaller sig working for ya, bub? :rofl:

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

how's that new, way smaller sig working for ya, bub? :rofl:

Ya' like that one, do ya'??!!!!!

At least you thinking-challenged Teabaggers can READ Obama's accomplishments, now!!

241.png
241.png
241.png
241.png

well well..

SNIP:

Left-wing foundations lavish millions on Media Matters

Published: 12:50 AM 02/17/2012 | Updated: 1:06 AM 02/17/2012

By David Martosko, The Daily Caller

Relying on tax returns and websites of wealthy U.S. foundations, a Daily Caller investigation has revealed the sources of more than $28.8 million in funding collected by the liberal Media Matters for America since 2003, the year before its formal incorporation. That sum represents 54 percent of every dollar the organization has raised in its history, making Media Matters a principally foundation-driven — not citizen-supported — activist group.

The list of Media Matters’ foundation funders, 120 in all, reads like a Who’s Who of the American progressive movement, including the far-left Tides Foundation ($4,384,702), George Soros’ Open Society Institutes ($1,075,000), the Ford Foundation ($966,466), the Sandler Foundation ($400,000) — endowed by subprime mortgage lenders Herb and Marion Sandler, who once bankrolled the embattled ACORN organization — and the Schumann Fund for Media and Democracy ($600,000), managed by longtime PBS host Bill Moyers and his son.

They also include the anti-George W. Bush organization MoveOn.org ($50,000), the Barbra Streisand Foundation ($85,000), the kids’ shoes-powered Stride Rite Charitable Foundation ($25,000), the Lear Family Foundation ($55,000) — endowed by the TV producer and People for the American Way founder Norman Lear — and the Joyce Foundation ($400,000), whose board of directors included Barack Obama from 1994 to 2002.

(RELATED: See the list of Media Matters’ foundation donors)
http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/MMFA-donors-THE-DAILY-CALLER.pdf

lots of comments at site
Read more: Media Matters

Wow, it's a pretty rich site.

No doubt!!!!

The Search works, really well, too!!!!

*waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah*

Yea, I can understand why the left wing hacks are crying. This seriously blows their claims about media neutrality out of existence. Which will be helpful over the coming months... what with there being an election in November. Corruption in the media, with the direct involvement of the Obama Administration... that is soooo not gonna play well for him.

"19 journalists and media executives, including five from the Washington Post and three each from ABC and CNN, who’ve gone into the administration or center-left groups supporting the president.

Those inside the administration hit 14 this month when the Post’s Stephen Barr joined the Labor Department. "

"“There is a vast supply of liberals in newsrooms, they are very happy to support Obama administration policies if they can get hired and they barely hide their ideology in the way they cover the news.”

"“It’s frustrating to see so many reporters that had relationships with trusted sources give up their ‘impartiality’ and start playing for the other side. It does show that the game is stacked in favor of the other side when most reporters still working in their profession remain silent.”

Record 19 reporters, media execs join Team Obama | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

The main problem, as far as I am concerned, is the feeding of misinformation directly from this Administration via Media Matters to significant numbers of journalists who do not fact check that information before they run with it.

Frankly, all the left wing media are now tainted by this. I have - many, many times - told people not to accept what the media say as 'fact'.... but very few ever question it. There are several recent examples (such as the 'fact' about 28 states having healthcare laws that impact on Catholic Charities and how those Charities did not object.... but now, because it's Obama, they're objecting... That turned out to be utter crap.... but the left carry on pretending it is true)... this Administration and Media Matters have done more harm to the left wing media than any right wing organization could ever do.

They are toast. Burnt toast.

Any proof anyone is "funding" the Tea Partiers??

Only the fat cats change — not their methods and not their pet bugaboos (taxes, corporate regulation, organized labor, and government “handouts” to the poor, unemployed, ill and elderly). Even the sources of their fortunes remain fairly constant. Koch Industries began with oil in the 1930s and now also spews an array of industrial products, from Dixie cups to Lycra, not unlike DuPont’s portfolio of paint and plastics. Sometimes the biological DNA persists as well. The Koch brothers’ father, Fred, was among the select group chosen to serve on the Birch Society’s top governing body. In a recorded 1963 speech that survives in a University of Michigan archive, he can be heard warning of “a takeover” of America in which Communists would “infiltrate the highest offices of government in the U.S. until the president is a Communist, unknown to the rest of us.” That rant could be delivered as is at any Tea Party rally today.

Last week the Kochs were shoved unwillingly into the spotlight by the most comprehensive journalistic portrait of them yet, written by Jane Mayer of The New Yorker. Her article caused a stir among those in Manhattan’s liberal elite who didn’t know that David Koch, widely celebrated for his cultural philanthropy, is not merely another rich conservative Republican but the founder of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation, which, as Mayer writes with some understatement, “has worked closely with the Tea Party since the movement’s inception.” To New Yorkers who associate the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center with the New York City Ballet, it’s startling to learn that the Texas branch of that foundation’s political arm, known simply as Americans for Prosperity, gave its Blogger of the Year Award to an activist who had called President Obama “cokehead in chief.”

The other major sponsor of the Tea Party movement is Dick Armey’s FreedomWorks, which, like Americans for Prosperity, is promoting events in Washington this weekend. Under its original name, Citizens for a Sound Economy, FreedomWorks received $12 million of its own from Koch family foundations. Using tax records, Mayer found that Koch-controlled foundations gave out $196 million from 1998 to 2008, much of it to conservative causes and institutions. That figure doesn’t include $50 million in Koch Industries lobbying and $4.8 million in campaign contributions by its political action committee, putting it first among energy company peers like Exxon Mobil and Chevron. Since tax law permits anonymous personal donations to nonprofit political groups, these figures may understate the case. The Kochs surely match the in-kind donations the Tea Party receives in free promotion 24/7 from Murdoch’s Fox News, where both Beck and Palin are on the payroll.
The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party - NYTimes.com

Your google broke?

it's prolly set to only access things she already agrees with.

Forum List

Back