Median CEO pay crosses $10 million

what part of red herring dont you get?
if you dont understand the word look it up

You are arguing with Mac on this one. The thread assumes that a problem exists and asks for solutions. Where are yours?

the thread is about the problem; i say it isnt a problem

go cry little fascist wannabe

Gee...you really have demonstrated a mastery of the subject matter here. You are one serious opponent.

Not at the rate that their salary would be taxed. But you knew that.

So?

You are attempting to gloss over the primary point that I made regarding what motivates CEO's. Care to address that?

There are more ways than stock options to defer pay it's not that big of a deal.

But then again I'm a proponent of the flat tax that would tax all income from any source exactly the same. That would address your issue

It could not possibly have been any worse. Everything obama has done has made the economy and the country weaker. He is the worst president in history, bar none. Jimmy Carter has a big smile on his face.

Obama started with an economy that was running at -6% GDP and losing over half a million jobs per month.

1. Prove the economy is worse now than THAT.

2. Show us any president that has had to start from that poor an economic condition.

Or, you could shut the fuck up.

Don't forget 2 wars. What president ever had to start with 2 wars?

FDR Started wars with Japan, Morocco, Italy, Germany and 14 other countries

historically, the ratio has been 20:1. That has been grotesquely skewed thanks, in no small part to Raygun & his "voodoo economics AKA "punish the poor" policies.

trickledown.jpg

historically, the ratio has been 20:1. That has been grotesquely skewed thanks, in no small part to Raygun & his "voodoo economics AKA "punish the poor" policies.

trickledown.jpg

Show me proof that lowering the pay of some people would result in the increase of pay for others.

trickledown.jpg

YAWN
another complete idiot implying the rich are rich because the poor are poor

you're a moron

Gee...you really have demonstrated a mastery of the subject matter here. You are one serious opponent.

i said cry; not whine

You aren't wasting anyone's time now, are ya?

that guy is a pantload. Seriously. I put him on ignore after reading around 1 1/2 of his posts and never looked back.

As to the OP, modern conservatives love to pass themselves off as boot strappers when we know otherwise.

AVERAGING $10 MILLION/yr gawd bless this great plutocracy :thup:

Last edited:

You are attempting to gloss over the primary point that I made regarding what motivates CEO's. Care to address that?

There are more ways than stock options to defer pay it's not that big of a deal.

But then again I'm a proponent of the flat tax that would that all income from any source exactly the same. That would address your issue

Do you agree that CEOs, under the current system, are motivated more by stock price than they are by the strength of the company?

It's sad that conservatives believe that the guys who actually do the work at the corporations, the guys who build the cars, who dig the coal, who fly the planes, who serve you breakfast at MacDonalds, are overpaid,

and the guys who sit in the corner offices trying to figure out how many more of the real workers we can get rid of to squeeze another nickel of profit are the ones who are underpaid.

Everyone is paid precisely what they agree to be paid... they want or FEEL they deserve more.. maybe they should be good at doing something other than the jobs 99.999% of the adult population can do with little or no training

But then again I'm a proponent of the flat tax that would that all income from any source exactly the same. That would address your issue

Do you agree that CEOs, under the current system, are motivated more by stock price than they are by the strength of the company?
From all the reading I have been doing the past day or two, I would say that stock options could be the main problem....

The strength of a company is the long term strength of the company itself....

Run the darn company....don't manipulate the company to give rise to it's stock for a temporary gain at the time the ceo is planing to cash in on his stock options or stock, only for the gain to dissolve afterwards....

It's sad that conservatives believe that the guys who actually do the work at the corporations, the guys who build the cars, who dig the coal, who fly the planes, who serve you breakfast at MacDonalds, are overpaid,

and the guys who sit in the corner offices trying to figure out how many more of the real workers we can get rid of to squeeze another nickel of profit are the ones who are underpaid.

Everyone is paid precisely what they agree to be paid... they want or FEEL they deserve more.. maybe they should be good at doing something other than the jobs 99.999% of the adult population can do with little or no training

And if you are lucky the ceo of the company you work for isn't colluding to hold wages down.
Apple, Google, 2 other firms agree to pay $324M in collusion deal | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

And if you are lucky the ceo of the company you work for isn't colluding to hold wages down.
Apple, Google, 2 other firms agree to pay $324M in collusion deal | Business & Technology | The Seattle Times

Do those agreeing to work a low level job get forced to do it at gunpoint? By threat of legal action? Or do they agree to work for a wage?

Is there a more rare skillset to be a CEO in charge of a regional, national, or global corporation?? Yep bet your sweet ass there is

And do you not understand the difference between 'holding wages down' and a no-poaching pact??

Last edited:

Do those agreeing to work a low level job get forced to do it at gunpoint? By threat of legal action? Or do they agree to work for a wage?

Is there a more rare skillset to be a CEO in charge of a regional, national, or global corporation?? Yep bet your sweet ass there is

And do you not understand the difference between 'holding wages down' and a no-poaching pact??

So colluding to hold wages down is ok with you? You must think capitalism is only for the rich.

There are lots if qualified people that could be CEOs and would do it for less.

So colluding to hold wages down is ok with you? You must think capitalism is only for the rich.

There are lots if qualified people that could be CEOs and would do it for less.

The collusion or 'anti-trust' issue was not 'holding wages down'... but an agreement not to try and continually rape each other's high level talent by just throwing money around... there is indeed a difference... and i did not defend the action

please try and keep up

And there are not 'plenty of qualified people who could be CEOs'... nice try

Forum List

Back