Medicare for all would save $450 billion and 68,000 lives every year.

Clearly Medicare for all would cost less than HALF as much.

That's always the promise, that the left wingers in da government are totally honest wonderful people who would never lie, cheat, or steal, or play preferences with actual care.....

but, in reality, that's what left wing government "workers" do, they lie steal cheat and discriminate, and we are better off with the private sector because of that.

I disagree because government workers have no opportunity or incentive to cheat or steal over health care.
Only the private sector does because they get to keep what they cheat and steal.
The worst thing about private health insurance is they make you prepay, so then you lose your ability to control costs or quality. You can't withhold payment.

No one can possibly know this.
Common sense tells me it would work.
Do you realize how much it would save for people to
have regular check ups which would prevent most of the illnesses that
lead to ER visits ? That alone would likely save $200 billion every year.
Common sense tells us that gubmint fucks up everything that they touch.

Common sense and most of all experience .

Not really.
Government does pretty good at transportation, schools, fire fighting, police, defense, and used to do well at health care before the insurance companies took over.

Health Savings Accounts = putting responsibility on the INDIVIDUAL

Bravo....

Welcome to the LIBERTARIAN PARTY!!!!

I disagree because government workers have no opportunity or incentive to cheat or steal over health care.

Good grief... are you dumb or something???

medicare fraud - Google Search

Crooked docs and left wing government "workers" conspire to PAY with US taxdollars for FRAUD. US taxpayer billed $20k for surgery.... that never happened....

Healthcare FRAUD is off the scale. The more government gets involved, the worse it gets, and that's why the PRICE of government involvement in healthcare is always way more than promised.... they didn't factor in THEFT when they did the cost estimate....

Only the private sector does because they get to keep what they cheat and steal.
The worst thing about private health insurance is they make you prepay, so then you lose your ability to control costs or quality. You can't withhold payment.
This touches on a very good point. What about the hundreds of thousands of state , local and federal employees who have paid healthcare for life anyway ? First, do they have any incentive for wanting a single-pay system , or should it make any difference to them ? It certainly does to all the rest of us who are paying for it.

It seems that would be an overall savings as well....shifting all that tax burden to a more equal distribution of costs and benefits.

No one can possibly know this.
Common sense tells me it would work.
Do you realize how much it would save for people to
have regular check ups which would prevent most of the illnesses that
lead to ER visits ? That alone would likely save $200 billion every year.
Common sense tells us that gubmint fucks up everything that they touch.

Common sense and most of all experience .

Not really.
Government does pretty good at transportation, schools, fire fighting, police, defense, and used to do well at health care before the insurance companies took over.

Dang, when did the government do healthcare well?

And they are raising income tax to pay for it

Outsourcing of tax rose in 2014 among respondents in Canada (37%, up from 31%).
The higher income tax would be far less than the outrageous deductibles and hidden costs in the current insurance coverage system. That's the basic idea. But I'm suggesting other ways to pay for it aside from primarily income tax, like financial transaction, sales tax, etc...even nationalizing resources and /or profit margins.

This is basically a mafia-like shakedown by the big insurance giants and their big pharma Wall Street friends.

Do we have Nabisco Diabetes Treatment and RJ Reynolds Cancer Treatment Centers yet ?
Everyone of those suggestions of yours COSTS ALL OF US MUCH MORE FOR HEALTHCARE...whether we use healthcare or not!

No, because the current system of prepaying to for profit insurance companies that add tons of paperwork and skim off profits, costs over twice as much.
Clearly Medicare for all would cost less than HALF as much.
The rest of the world proves we are paying more than twice what we should, as well as being ranked 39th, with TERRIBLE health care quality.

So you're trying to make a case for government efficiency and competence?
Name just one thing that government has ever done that it didn't eventually fuck up. Just one. Go ahead, I dare ya. Lay your pud right out on the table here. I've got my baseball bat ready to take a whack at it. It's probably gonna hurt like hell too.

Good grief... are you dumb or something???

medicare fraud - Google Search

Crooked docs and left wing government "workers" conspire to PAY with US taxdollars for FRAUD. US taxpayer billed $20k for surgery.... that never happened....

Healthcare FRAUD is off the scale. The more government gets involved, the worse it gets, and that's why the PRICE of government involvement in healthcare is always way more than promised.... they didn't factor in THEFT when they did the cost estimate....
You totally missed the point, I'm pretty sure.

Medicare for all would save $450 billion and 68,000 lives every year.'

One of the cost-saving mechanisms in the 2020 Democrats 'MFA' plan is health care rationing and denial for the elderly.

One of the cost-saving mechanisms in the 2020 Democrats 'MFA' plan is health care rationing and denial for the elderly.
BS. My 95 year old father in law who lives with us is on Medicare and it pays for Home Health care visits twice a week, a hospital bed, oxygen treatments , other medical equipment and any drugs he needs and all the Boost he can choke down.

BS. My 95 year old father in law who lives with us is on Medicare and it pays for Home Health care visits twice a week, a hospital bed, oxygen treatments , other medical equipment and any drugs he needs and all the Boost he can choke down.
Silly lil' snowflake - you REALLY think Medicare as it exists now is what it will look like when / if the 2020 Democrats / Sanders takes it over, outlaws private health insurance, and forces every American .... and illegal ... onto the 'new' 'MFA'?!

One of the consultants / architects, btw, for Obamacare was a renowned adviser / expert on the rationing of health care based on a massive / near apocalyptic scenario.
- I am not 'knocking' this, just stating a fact. I spent a few years in service planning for contingencies that never happened. You have to or you will be unprepared for things when they happen.

Just saying if you think the US government will allow this country to go financially bankrupt and 'fall' to provide medical care for EVERY citizen, despite age, condition, projected length of life, projected ability to contribute versus cost effectiveness then you're kidding yourself.

Also, if you think that 90+% of politicians mean anything they say and can / will actually deliver on campaign promises, you're mistaken. To sorta steal a line from 'Top Gun', Sanders is 'writing checks with his mouth his body can't cash'.

Last edited:

It pays? And just exactly who pays it you dumb asshole?
Here are some free tips, It ain't the friggin Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.
How do people ever manage to get so damned stupid.

How do people ever manage to get so damned stupid
smh
Why are you such an asshole man?
Can't you learn to be civil online,
or are you always like this around people in your fucking everyday life ?
Show some fucking respect for people,.... JFC !

Last edited:

smh

It's about time you showed people some respect and quit trying to insult their intelligence with your moronic bullshit.

smh

It's about time you showed people some respect and quit trying to insult their intelligence with your moronic bullshit.
How dare you culturally appropriate my tooth fairy!!!!! :19:

smh
Should we follow your example? Dew ewe need quotes?

It pays?
Ignoring all your insults, this is the point I made earlier that they are purposefully doing everything they can to make medicare look as expensive as possible, so they can say see !! "bbbbbBernie Sanders will cost us $10 trillion a year ! Blah, blah , fucking blah."
Same old bullshit talking points.

You're the dumbass, Dick. No offense.

Forum List

Back