Mega lolz - pino at work

Did you read your link? The WH says it's not true.
Why would you believe them ?
It's more likely to make a mistake the farther out from the source you go. The official at the EU is not as close to Trump as Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Not that she always knows, but hell, she'd know something about it. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that our withdrawal can't take place for a few years, anyway, contractually, and perhaps they're talking about the interim details?
Just a guess.

It's more likely to make a mistake the farther out from the source you go. The official at the EU is not as close to Trump as Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Not that she always knows, but hell, she'd know something about it. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that our withdrawal can't take place for a few years, anyway, contractually, and perhaps they're talking about the interim details?
Just a guess.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that our withdrawal can't take place for a few years, anyway,

It wasn't ratified, we're not bound to it.

Just a guess.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that our withdrawal can't take place for a few years, anyway,

That's not what I heard at the time.
But you're right.
Under the terms of the international agreement to reduce greenhouse gases, the earliest a nation can formally withdraw is November 2020 — the same month Trump faces re-election. But because the greenhouse gas reduction targets are largely voluntary, Trump said he would immediately "cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord."
White House says no change in position on Paris climate agreement

Just a guess.

That's not what I heard at the time.
But you're right.
Under the terms of the international agreement to reduce greenhouse gases, the earliest a nation can formally withdraw is November 2020 — the same month Trump faces re-election. But because the greenhouse gas reduction targets are largely voluntary, Trump said he would immediately "cease all implementation of the non-binding Paris Accord."
White House says no change in position on Paris climate agreement

Under the terms of the international agreement to reduce greenhouse gases, the earliest a nation can formally withdraw is November 2020 —

Obama can't bind us to any agreement, without Senate ratification.
The terms of the "agreement" are irrelevant.

Forum List

Back