Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution

We are in the unenviable position of having to defend Prof. Seidman's free speech rights ironicly.

Interesting you can't bully people or use derogatory language against certain groups without violating the law, but you can assault the entire Constitution without penalty.

Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution​

By Billy Hallowell
12/7/2013

Many Americans were shocked to learn about Georgetown University Professor Louis Michael Seidman’s advocation for the U.S. to abandon the Constitution — the central document that has helped spawn America’s growth and progression for hundreds of years. As previously reported, the constitutional expert recently noted his belief (via an op-ed) that a blind allegiance to the outdated document is perilous. On Friday, he defended his controversial views about some purportedly “evil” provisions in the Constitution in an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution (Plus: Judge Napolitano Reacts!) | Video | TheBlaze.com

Megyn should pose nude in Playboy.

I agree with Megyn, what he's saying is interesting and thought provoking. For crying out loud, don't blindly write off what he is saying, lest you give credence to his points.

Writing him off is the exact opposite of giving him credence. To give him press space or air time is to give him credence, which he does not deserve. His points are puerile and illogical.

Going around the channels today, I saw Kelly hyping that she was getting a flu shot on the air today, and everyone should stay tuned for that!!!

Fox 'news'. :lol:

Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution

The only thing needed to be given up is the guns, once all guns are gone, and out of the control of the average schmoe, then we will be able to create laws and remove them to serve our interests when and where we see fit, at that point if it tickles our fancy, we can just abolish the constitution, or bring it back when needed for certain situations.

You are either a brilliant man with an incredible gift for sarcasm, or a complete idiot. I vote the latter.

Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution​

By Billy Hallowell
12/7/2013

Many Americans were shocked to learn about Georgetown University Professor Louis Michael Seidman’s advocation for the U.S. to abandon the Constitution — the central document that has helped spawn America’s growth and progression for hundreds of years. As previously reported, the constitutional expert recently noted his belief (via an op-ed) that a blind allegiance to the outdated document is perilous. On Friday, he defended his controversial views about some purportedly “evil” provisions in the Constitution in an interview with Fox News’ Megyn Kelly.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Megyn Kelly Challenges Professor Who Wants America to ‘Give Up’ U.S. Constitution (Plus: Judge Napolitano Reacts!) | Video | TheBlaze.com

And you should eat your own liver.

By Billy Hallowell
12/7/2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

And you should eat your own liver.
Admit it - you would buy it.

I agree with Megyn, what he's saying is interesting and thought provoking. For crying out loud, don't blindly write off what he is saying, lest you give credence to his points.
Laying back and playing dead when someone assaults the Constitution is not what made America great. Wise planning and sensible discussion backed with a belief in higher principles is. Causing mankind to be subservient to a large federal government is something our forbears eschewed and solicited a system of human rights to procure liberty to succeeding generations--if we can keep it.

I think that we can.

Okay. Not sure why you quoted me, though.

He has no points...The Constitution hasn't had anything more than lip service paid to it for at least the last century.

The very notion that he claims that we've paid "blind allegiance" to it, when generations of politicians and bureaucrats have worked overtime to circumvent and plain old ignore its constraints, betray him as a crank from the word go.

Actually, his main point is exactly your first sentence. He's saying that most people tend to ignore the constitution in the first place, so we may as well do away with it. From his perspective, it is preferable that government have the flexibility to adjust to the times and the way successive generations prefer to be governed. The intentions of the founding fathers are marginally relevant at best, compared to the will of those currently alive, for a just system of government.

Last edited:

By Billy Hallowell
12/7/2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

I wonder if the guy can apply for citizenship in Cuba or somewhere. I am so sick of these pseudo intellectuals spouting this crap. It's disgusting that these radicals are actually teaching young people. They seek to indoctrinate and spread their narrow views and they have successfully dumbed down millions of people.

I wonder if the guy can apply for citizenship in Cuba or somewhere. I am so sick of these pseudo intellectuals spouting this crap. It's disgusting that these radicals are actually teaching young people. They seek to indoctrinate and spread their narrow views and they have successfully dumbed down millions of people.

Oh, blow it out of your ass. Even Napolitano said that the guy isn't a crack pot, he's legit. He has an idea about how we can improve our system of government. Disagree with him, nothing wrong with that. But your automatic demonization is a perfect example of the kind of blind allegiance of which he speaks.

If that's true, than I agree, scrap it. We need laws intended for free people, unrestrained by any other person's notions of acceptable morality or religiousness.

If people were angles, we wouldn't need government. If politicians were angles, we wouldn't need the Constitution. If both were angles, we wouldn't need the 2nd Amendment.

If that's true, than I agree, scrap it. We need laws intended for free people, unrestrained by any other person's notions of acceptable morality or religiousness.

If people were angles, we wouldn't need government. If politicians were angles, we wouldn't need the Constitution. If both were angles, we wouldn't need the 2nd Amendment.

Huh? I'm confused.
Why don't the English need government?

Forum List

Back